Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

glock 'professional'

Max It

I'm having trouble picking up what the OP is putting down. My G17 has functioned flawlessy so far with my reloads. I'm running 147 gr Berry's over 3.3 gr of TG at 1.160 COL. No problems. I haven't tried any other recipes yet, but this one works and it is longer than the loads mentioned earlier. Hopefully you can find one that works for you if you try your buddies G34 again.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is that the crimp die on the 4th station of the Dillon is too high. The 9x19 chamber is tapered, so if that final crimp is insufficient, the case won't go all the way in. Instead of using the case gage to check your cartridges, you should use the barrel for the "plunk test." Every manufacturer's chamber is a little different, often intentionally.

Going by primers purchased and consumed, I have something like 25k reloads fired though my Gen3 G17.

If your cartridges didn't fit in the other shooter's barrel, then they probably didn't fit in yours either.

HI Owen, and others,

since it is not my gun I cant try the barrel as a case gauge. however you may have a point on the crimp.

Glock just seems fussier than my guns. this is the 4th or 5th year I R.O. the local Glock match. Each time I am entered for a free one raffle. One buddy has won 4 so far but he goes to matches elsewhere also. So I am not going to buy one, I want it free, it taste better! :closedeyes:

Much obliged to all,

Max

• 1 month later...

Hey 00,

a fitting cap to all this back and forth over Glock at the match;

I WON $50.00,

can you believe it; loading problems, shooting problems, and not to mention I was in competition class as I had initially borrowed a model 34; although I finished the match with a model 17. and I finished 106 out of 106. they awarded me $50.00!

I guess I ought to get a Glock for my self. :goof:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Right on Sarge,

I 'pulled the trigger' on a G21 purchase using the GSSF member discount; comes to $486. Minus $50. from match. Bought at LGS comes with three mags. That is if their wholesaler can come up with 3 X 10 round mags, (Kommiefornia). If not I get a discount. total could be $414. net.

Since I plunked my money down so far I have acquired one mag free from a fellow gunny. And I stopped in Glock store.com in San Diego and bought one more.

Now I have to hold on to see what I get. I am not good at waiting soooo

I bought a target sight set and a stainless guide rod.

I really need to stop now.

my original desire, I need to stick to it;

one, have gun for GSSF matches.

two, Have .45acp alternative to my 1911 (which has 1 1/2# trigger) as home defense gun.

I'm lost like last year's Easter egg. Either written communication is becoming a lost art or I just don't understand the secret code kids use these days. I blame cell phones.

So I want to make sure I have this right ... You said Glocks are simple guns for simple people but you couldn't get a simple 9mm minor power factor round to work even though you've been reloading for 5 years so you go with a more complex gun to address your issue?

Before I switched to my current Shadow I put 50,000 reloads thru my G34 in 2 yrs. The gun ran flawlessly ...

Just had my tonsils out and I think my pain meds are acting up....

What in the name of all that's holy is going on here?

Glocks unreliable with good reloads? Tell that to my G35 after 30,000 plus reloads through it...

And by the way, the "friendly" bloke at the range who blamed your 550 and told you to change press is not "friendly", he's a complete idiot who doesn't know his arse from his elbow when it comes to reloading......

you're right it got convoluted:

so I bought a G21, which I have not gotten yet.

and so far I have spent nearly $300 on it; sights, extra mags, weighted guide rod, and now a Lone Wolf barrel. Yesterday's match revealed that previously one shooter blew his G21 with a reloaded bullet. no injury and only damage to receiver which he fixed.

now I need holster and mag holder. all this so I could shoot GSSF (I will take out the guide rod and aftermarket barrel for that, but I prefer to shoot reloads for other uses).

yawn, its late.

and so far I have spent nearly $300 on it; sights, extra mags, weighted guide rod, and now a Lone Wolf barrel. Yesterday's match revealed that previously one shooter blew his G21 with a reloaded bullet. no injury and only damage to receiver which he fixed.

now I need holster and mag holder. all this so I could shoot GSSF (I will take out the guide rod and aftermarket barrel for that, but I prefer to shoot reloads for other uses).

You can shoot reloads for GSSF matches. The only things I see you needing to really buy was the sight set and extra mags...you don't need a holster or mag pouches for GSSF. Glock barrels are accurate enough and rival the after market barrels including Bar-sto.

The trouble with reloads is that you can't say a gun is not good with reloads based on one overcharged round. That round would have blown out any other gun also. You need to be more conscientious on your reloads.

Edited by racerba

hi Racer, I would agree on the barrel; however I had already bought the lone wolf. I figured I would return it. however what happened next was seeing on this forum someone who blew out his G21 with a double charge. And then having one of same. no one hurt except the gun and that only partially.

so I held on to the lone wolf and when my G21 arrived we compared the two. the fit of bullet to barrel is better with the lone wolf, and the chamber supports the bullet better. needless to say I kept it. My gunny friends and I shot under 2" groups at 10 yards indoor and I am very pleased. if necessary I will reinstall the original for GSSF matches.

Now on to the sights; I bought a set of Sevigny F.O.'s and a Revolution holster, and one of those Tuff pouches for 5 mags. I cant seem to help myself as that is my standard rig for competitions even tho' I want to keep this gun close to stock as a go to gun in my house.

Edited by Max It

On what planet did this thread start? Let's go back to your first post. Not a single thing you said is true.

Now you want to buy a Glock and start changing it before you even shoot it....and you do not need a holster for GSSF BTW.

Looks like you also changed the 550 without even using it as sold. What is really going on here? The best post in here is the one that says, "Ah the internets..... "

I wish the internet did not exist. It scares the hell out of me!

Absolutely amazing, you trash talk a Glock after your loads don't work.

Your start load was under recommended, then you "hot" load was over a max load.

Go with a solid recommend load, and try again. Never blame any gun for a "software" issue.