Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WHERE IS ALL THE POWDER

joedirt

Maybe you were loading more than 7 grains and weren't aware of it ??

Loading 7 grains of clay's into a 9mm and shooting it would be.....exciting to say the least.

Loading exactly 7.0 grains of Auto Comp.

But maybe bajadudes is right, and I should look behind the cloth drier! :)

Edited by Foxbat

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where? It doesn't even show up as an out of stock listing on gunbot.net.

Gunbot used to show powder go out of stock... Now an in stock listing will appear and when it goes out of stock it simply goes away.

If Titegroup showed stock it would show for few minutes and then simply disappear when the powder sold out.

I liked the old way of showing "Out of Stock" on the listing. At least you knew it "was" there a few minutes ago.

"Staring at Gunbot looking for unicorns. As fast as you see the mythical unicorn it's gone. The only way to prove you actually saw the unicorn is to capture it." (Now replace the word "unicorn" with your favorite pistol powder. This is how Gunbot.net works.)

Just saw PV put out a lot of powder - most of it was gone in a few min. Still have 4lb and 8lb jugs of 700x.

I thought I would never see WST again but I managed to snag a few 8lb kegs of WST... I noticed Natchez had HP-38, WSF, 231 and a few more powders yesterday. Titegroup keeps popping up from time to time and VV N320 seems to be making the rounds. I'm officially stocked up! Good to see the powder starting to flow again.

Just saw PV put out a lot of powder - most of it was gone in a few min. Still have 4lb and 8lb jugs of 700x.

I thought I would never see WST again but I managed to snag a few 8lb kegs of WST... I noticed Natchez had HP-38, WSF, 231 and a few more powders yesterday. Titegroup keeps popping up from time to time and VV N320 seems to be making the rounds. I'm officially stocked up! Good to see the powder starting to flow again.

There does seem to be more coming on the market the past week or so, but I've only been watching closely for about two weeks so I'm not sure if its really changed much. I will say compared to 6 months ago more rifle powder is on the shelves. And even some pistol powder is out there - if ou're willing to pay the cost.

I don't blame anyone for buying as much as they can (when they find powder) to spread out the hazmat fees but do you think folks buy more than normal in this market as compared to if it were commonly available? IMHO, I think they do. If I needed powder I would.

There does seem to be more coming on the market the past week or so, but I've only been watching closely for about two weeks so I'm not sure if its really changed much. I will say compared to 6 months ago more rifle powder is on the shelves. And even some pistol powder is out there - if ou're willing to pay the cost.

I don't blame anyone for buying as much as they can (when they find powder) to spread out the hazmat fees but do you think folks buy more than normal in this market as compared to if it were commonly available? IMHO, I think they do. If I needed powder I would.

Absolutely! I'm one that doesn't much care for the "hoarders," however I see their point. IMO, buying enough to fill a hazmat order is not hoarding, even if it takes that specific person a long time to use the powder, it's simply financially smart by buying in bulk and saving on hazmat/shipping fees. This is especially true if the person is buying both primers and powder in one order.

Now...for those people buying 100k primers at once when they shoot 1k/year...yea, that's absurd.

Edited by polizei1

i got 8# of WST yesterday from PV. i am down to my last 4# of it. I only bought enough to get me through the season. Powder has definately been more plentiful lately. I think in a few more months, bar anything crazy happening ( knock on wood), we will be at the same situation that primers are at now. Plentiful and on sale.

Here is the Local gunshop/range in Macomb county, Michigan. Brown Bear sporting goods powder shelf yesterday afternoon.
IMG_1774.jpg
IMG_1773.jpg
IMG_1772.jpg
With all the talk of unique for a pistol powder I bought a pounder to try it.

i got 8# of WST yesterday from PV. i am down to my last 4# of it. I only bought enough to get me through the season. Powder has definately been more plentiful lately. I think in a few more months, bar anything crazy happening ( knock on wood), we will be at the same situation that primers are at now. Plentiful and on sale.

Hope your right.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on every notification list I can think of, and have expanded my search beyond my "usual" powders (Bullseye, WST) and am open to exploring loads with other powders. Getting really low and frustrated with waiting. One thing I won't do is panic buy and pay an outrageous price just to get my hands on some.

At this point the pistols are sitting in the safe most of the time. I did find some good buys on shotshells, including slugs and 00 buck, so my home defense needs are met.

Thinking of buying a compound bow to play with, or spending more of my shooting money on more kung fu classes and lessons.