Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why are Salomon shoes so popular for shooters?

JPG

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a pair of Speedcross 3's in the mail on Monday. Dry fire went good in them all week. Live fire practice went good today, a lot less slip on gravel when trying to leave a position and they planted really good when I stopped in a position. I will see how they do tomorrow at a match. They are by far the most comfortable shoes I have worn.

I just got a pair of kanadias. I wear EE in New Balance and Merrell, but I thought I'd give the standard width kanadias a try. I think they're going to work so far as long as I don't lace them too tight. They look good and have a pretty aggressive tread.

Wore kanadias to the match today. A bit of rain in the morning. Worked great on muddy grass and gravel. Feet did not hurt after 6 hours wearing those shoes. Ill see how they perform at area 5 ;)

Edited by e-mishka

My speedcross 3s probably wont bump me to GM, but I feel WAY safer when stopping hard on worn out gravel. I'd always slide a little bit or lose my footing with my Merrils, but the Salomons stay planted a bit better. Plus, I loved the speedlace system so much, I chucked my old everyday shoes for a nice green pair of XA 3D Ultra 2s.

• 2 months later...

At $9 inc postage they would most certainly be replicas but more likely a scam.

Plenty of guys with their $20-$40 Ali express versions never had anything show up.

Personally when the genuine ones can be had under $100 that's enough for me. I don't need a dozen pairs.

To be honest the sc3s offer great traction on grass but for I much prefer the adidas kanadia tr7s. Got those on sale at a local store for something like $50. They are much more comfortable for all day wear. Excellent grip in mud etc but still great on wood or concrete. For anything not too slippery I prefer even more my Nike air Pegasus 29+ Trail. They are still trail shoes so still have deep tread but much better all round support. The sad part is Nike don't seem to be making trail shoes now.

I'd say the speedcross are the best shoe to have on in about 20% of conditions. The nikes the best in 30% and the adidas in 50%.

For certain conditions speedcross are awesome but the kanadia tr7 cover a much wider set of surfaces.

Ebay has pulled the $9 listing. There is also a similar $16 listing that will probably get pulled soon.

Sorry about that guys.

Seems to be a few other sellers with what looks like 'genuine' replicas for about AU$40 plus AU$25 postage.

The TR7 have a good soul but the colours are boring.

Have you seen anything similar but brighter BB ?

Edited by BMaus

Well to be honest the colour schemes were not a high priority but for the more fashion forward types bmaus, you can order a kanadia tr7 in basically any colour and pattern you like. :)

You could make a one off pair. :)

http://www.adidas.com/us/mi-kanadia-tr-7-custom-shoes/4001317_M.html#is_configurator

Dan: the speedcross pros look like they might be a bit more versatile than the sc3. I rarely use my sc3s.

Edited by BeerBaron

I tried on the Salomons and they are way too narrow for my foot. Just ordered a pair of New Balance Trail shoes. At least I know now that Salomons are not for me so I can quit thinking about whether to spend the money on them. In New Balance I normally buy a 4E but decided on the 2E since they won't be everyday shoes.

Any good indoor shoes? on smooth concrete?

I have found indoor soccer shoes to be the best here. And I've also taken a can of hair spray to the match and hit the bottom of my shoes with some aqua net right before I shot as well.

I looked at indoor court shoes for various sports. Basketball, badminton, indoor volleyball, hockey, soccer, racquetball and so on. Indoor soccer shoes seemed the best all around and the easiest to find at a brick and mortar store near me.

I also don't wear them anywhere but at matches. So I never walk in oil or antifreeze or whatever in a parking lot. I've fallen flat on my face running at an indoor match on concrete and I never want to do that again.

• 5 weeks later...