Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Invictus Practical dual and quad load carriers

Rob01

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:)

Nice run. I wondered what you were doing to do with that last popper after the OS port load round :)

Thanks. :)

A lot of people were just shooting shotgun dry or only doing one load and then going dry, followed by switching to pistol. I carried enough shells to account for some misses, but I had one more miss than that. :(

Still a lot easier than trying to pick off a bunch of those skinny poppers at 30-35yards, not to mention the skinny knockdown plates that far out.

I was shooting IM choke with #6 and a couple of those far plates were still a little non-agreeable about falling. (I don't have a full choke, lol).

Yeah, my son ran the LF choke for those longer poppers/plates but got a little lax in his stance and shot over the top of a few of them. Ended up finishing off the poppers with the pistol.

I only got to watch that stage. And all the others :(

I got two of the 2.8's yesterday, put them together, had a couple questions because of how many options you have with the loaders. Called I.P. talked to the owner, he quickly answered all my questions, and he asked for feedback on his products. After about 15 min of practice I was getting about 4.5 seconds to go from shoulder, load 8, to shoulder. Which was about a 1.5 seconds improvement from the load 2's. I'm sure with a little, practice I'll be able to get in the 3 sec range. So yeah, buy his stuff, it's well made, and the customer support is top notch also.

I don't think it's about being the fastest guy to do a video loading with them but more about cutting time for the personal shooter. For a more middle of the road shooter, like me, it's a huge advantage even though most everyone is going to them. I can load 8 shells in 2/3 the time it took me to load 4 before with the old single load caddies. This helps me save time in shotgun reload stages.

For anyone who hasn't tried dual or quad loading you really should.

I don't think it's about being the fastest guy to do a video loading with them but more about cutting time for the personal shooter. For a more middle of the road shooter, like me, it's a huge advantage even though most everyone is going to them. I can load 8 shells in 2/3 the time it took me to load 4 before with the old single load caddies. This helps me save time in shotgun reload stages.

For anyone who hasn't tried dual or quad loading you really should.

I couldn't agree more Rob. Having the confidence and being as fast as YOU can be at that moment is what makes you a better shooter. Shotgun reloads aren't what is going to win a match just don't lose it there!

Edited by Hunter413

Hunter

I have just purchased a Vinci and decided to try the load 2 but only had "another" type of shell holder which I couldn`t get on with very well.

After watching your YOUTUBE demo and the ones from Adam Townsend I am convinced that the IP 2.8 will be right for me.

I am in the UK and no one here sells them but got hold of Kevin to send me a 2.8 and when it arrives will be giving it a good go.

Got my name down for a 12Q when they are back in stock.

There are so many configurations you can do with IP stuff, and the website is excellent.

Jesse posted some good looking set up`s of his belts, other pics would be good but I guess you can only get so much, in so many ways, on your belt.

Furthermore the gross motors skills involved in loading two with caddies like the 2.8 should leave nothing to fear.

That's true. I was surprised how easy load two was when I started practicing. Everyone should be at least doing that. Quads too a little more time but after an hour they became easier. Just a little more dexterity needed.

The 2.8 is a good option to go from two to quads but if someone just wanted to go load two then the 8D is a great place to start. Shells a little wider apart to get used to the motion and even if you went quads later it's still a very useful caddie to have for heavy shotgun stages or if you just wanted to put slugs in there. That's what I used mine for at Tarheel on a couple stages. 4 slugs on the bottom 2 and two shot on the top so I know where to grab for the slugs. Also it's a great "Oh shit!" caddie to toss on the back hip in stages where you might not need more shells but you want them there just incase. I used it like that a couple places as well like stage 6 at Tarheel below. I plan on picking up atleast one more IP caddie but not sure which one yet. Probably a 2Q or 4 square for the stages I don't need 12 or more shells.

post-20757-0-94656500-1398002619_thumb.p

anyone know if the 88, (16 shell) can be separated to 2 8 round caddies? Seems the 2.8s are OOS. Thanks.

edit, whoops, NVM got confused with the 2.8 and the 8p

Edited by JesseCJC

Got my 2.8's last week, very well-built product! There were three reasons I bought 'em to try out: more compact than the AP L2/6 caddies I had, more capacity (4 more shells on the front of my belt), and option to quad load in the future. They definitely require a slightly different grab than the AP's (for load 2 anyways) but I like the retention and compactness so far. I get to run 'em through their paces this weekend, I'll see how well I do with very little practice.

Wow.....rather unfortunate that you would think that Jesse........sorry, but 'looks' are deceiving..

We came out with a new design so that shells could be extracted from the carrier at an angle and not straight out from the belt. If the shells were even held in line, they would still come out at a 15 degree angle. By adding a ramp.....this accomidates even more of a natural angle. this is something that up till now, no other manufacture of the 2 up or 4 up caddies has addressed in there line of shell holders.

The claim to fame on this design is that you are NOT pulling shells straight out......yet another way to skin a cat....clips are modeled after our QUADLOAD clips.

If you are talking about how close the shells are together....like how Carbon Arms originally did theirs (and yes, Carbon Arms IS the originator of the design talked about here).....and how Mark otto did his and then how Kevin is doing his.....well.....ok....I slammed my closer as well. Not as close as i did on the QUADLOAD's, but close enough so you can grab 2 or four just like the CA, AP, Mark Otto and IP designs. The main thing that the clips hold the shells a little different and copy a design that we already have out.

If you are talking about the ramping angle that Kevin has.....not a bad idea....I believe that Kevin did that for a totally different reason than why we are doing it.....as for us, that angle will determine direction of extraction. Kevin's still come out perpendicular to the belt. The TACCOM design....does not. looks the same....but a totally different application of that ramping.

While to someone with a vengence towards my company may think something else.....I will not address him in anything but a true profressional manner, something he has yet to afford me.

I would like for a moderator to strike jesse's comments....there is really no need for his type of badgering on this forum.

Edited by TRUBL