Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Invictus Practical dual and quad load carriers

Rob01

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this talk about who came up with what has got me wondering WHO came up with the first stacked shell holder? (Oh I already know, but I wonder if all you guys do!) I gotta tell ya all of them look very similer, even to the orriginal ones I saw. I will give you all a hint....it wasn't an American that first did this, and he could gripe here about ALL these copy cats. Chest rigs you say? first one I saw was in 2003 in Italy, and that had been in use for over 5 years. We can all waist time pointing fingers but things tend to develope in parallel, and of course they all are going to look alike....theres only so many ways you can make a broomstick holder look like it isn't. :)

Old school Jesse?? Looks like the "epic" batttle proved school is still in session. :) I must say though shooting with Chris was a pleasure.

All this talk about who came up with what has got me wondering WHO came up with the first stacked shell holder? (Oh I already know, but I wonder if all you guys do!) I gotta tell ya all of them look very similer, even to the orriginal ones I saw. I will give you all a hint....it wasn't an American that first did this, and he could gripe here about ALL these copy cats. Chest rigs you say? first one I saw was in 2003 in Italy, and that had been in use for over 5 years. We can all waist time pointing fingers but things tend to develope in parallel, and of course they all are going to look alike....theres only so many ways you can make a broomstick holder look like it isn't. :)

Old school Jesse?? Looks like the "epic" batttle proved school is still in session. :) I must say though shooting with Chris was a pleasure.

Exactly. Great post Kurt.

Hey guys and gals

I just wanted to drop a quick apology on you for turning this thread upside down yesterday. Especially to Kevin at Invictus and Tim at Taccom. What you guys do with your companies is none of my business. I should have respected that. I wish you both luck with your future endeavors.

I have deleted my comments I hope y'all will do the same before the edit button goes away.

So since the last 3+ pages kindof look a little confusing now to readers who missed the action over the last couple days, here are a few pictures Jared at TheTacticalBay.com took of the IP caddies he got ahold of for this comparison of several different shotgun shell carriers, which is really well-done and worth a look if you haven't seen it before.

Without getting back into the weeds of whether any new carrier copies this design or not, a lot of the conversation over the past few days was around the angled, ramped and grouped shell clips that the IP carriers introduced, so these pictures might help show how those elements were first implemented with the Invictus caddies - first are the 2.8, which I think is the newest and just started showing up back in February of this year:

9_zps78eec8ef.jpg

8_zps80c752a9.jpg

7_zps04c89c49.jpg

5_zps85a65988.jpg

Edited by Gentleman4561

and here are some of the 12Q, which also uses the "ramp" or "offset" or whatever you want to call it, to help make it easier to pull just 2 at a time by grabbing the top row first (I think some folks have said that Kevin was selling these at the Pro-Am last year)

4_zpsf4727174.jpg

3_zps9ebeb4e2.jpg

2_zps14d9fa70.jpg

unnamed_zps27fc8606.jpg

Hopefully this will help those who haven't seen them in person yet get a good idea of what I agree is pretty different and unique about the Invictus caddies, especially that angle everybody's been talking so much about lately.

I collected my 2.8 TL from the post office yesterday.

First thoughts, Ummmm...BEAUTIFUL !!!!, this is a very good looking, well made and finished caddy.

Here in the UK we don`t have anyone that makes caddies and we have to get them all from the USA.

I have another makers caddy which I bought a year ago unseen apart from the website, but never got on well with it.

The same with this one, unseen except the website, BUT this one is looks and feels right and the customer service, by email,

with Kevin has been outstanding.

I can`t get to try this for a couple of weeks but trying it on my belt, grabbing 2 or 4 feels ideal.

I would buy this just to stand above my fireplace as an ornamental item of good design and a talking point.

• 5 weeks later...

I have a new 12Q and really like it. I can quadload with this much better than I can with the other brand. It does work pretty well as a deuce loader but I sometimes fumble the shells next door and one falls out and makes a mess. I will stick with quad loads with my 12Q. I mentioned in another forum about the best customer service I have seen came from Kevin at IP.

I can't say enough great things about Invictus Practical and the products. It took me about 45 minutes to get used to using the caddies once I got them set up

I'm running 2 of the 2.8s, and have a 12q, as well as the DeTurk vest (16rd) and couldn't be happier!

As far as customer service goes, he's one of the best in the shooting industry. I'll be buying the Holster Hanger as soon as I can get my hands on one.

Can't wait for Nordic to try out the DeTurk!

Can't praise IP enough!

The great USPS lost my 2.8! Kevin sent a replacement right away! Great CS

DONE:

That's a really clean looking belt setup! What's the red stuff under your Teck-Loks?

Red duc tape.

Make thing really tight, zero movement :)

Can't praise IP enough!

The great USPS lost my 2.8! Kevin sent a replacement right away! Great CS

DONE:

That's a really clean looking belt setup! What's the red stuff under your Teck-Loks?

Red duc tape.

Make thing really tight, zero movement :)

That's what I thought! Thanks!