Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Invictus Practical dual and quad load carriers

Rob01

So, I just put mine together with the mending straps. Sure enough the 5.5" plates did not fit, but not for the same reason that Vlad found. Apparently Jesse and I are mounting the Long IP crossbars, but Vlad has the XL—one extra hole past the notch on either side.

Anyway, here's what I came up with.

post-16509-0-11401800-1409279488_thumb.j

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

attachicon.gifIMG_6289.jpg This is how I've been loading the 2.8 to practice load 2. From demo pictures on website. I think the 2.8 is too close together to load 2 when 8 shells are loaded. Can do it, but to concentrate and focus, kind of defeats the purpose. Still working on quad loads this way, that is very easy to grab 4, without knocking any out. Love these caddies though. Might try weak hand quad load this weekend. Jesse, thanks for posting all your info-learned the basics from those videos before you took them down. :)

I practiced the same way you did for L2, but times have changed my friend ....You need to check out Kevin's all new 2.6 ...its a dedicated load 2 caddy . I dont belive its even on his sight yet but I have my hand on one & played w it today... Got some video, so look for the review in a few days ... first impressions.... I'll need to buy another one cause its perfect for those quick little "oops I missed one" loads ...

Apparently Jesse and I are mounting the Long IP crossbars, but Vlad has the XL—one extra hole past the notch on either side.

I didn't know there even were multiple length of that piece, it was whatever came in the mail. Invictus needs a chart of all their stuff, or at least offer a night class graduate level course in "Assembling Invictus Gear" :)

You can also do it this way:

D8jqviR.jpg

The quads are not perfectly aligned, they are ever so slightly stair stepped, but I can't tell the difference in practice.

Note the critically important high strength polymer ELS anti rotational device (ie: ziptie)

Edited by Vlad

After reading this thread and seeing the pics of how everyone has to make a $100 caddy work for them with hardware store parts and zipties, I'm very grateful that I can just make my own caddies. Nothing against Invictus, or any of the other manufacturers, but having to resort to cobbling them together after spending a fair amount of money on them makes me that much happier that I spent a couple hours to build custom ones.

I don't think the right caddy exists yet. I kinda do wish that the Invictus ones came .. finished? But I guess that's the price you pay for modularity. I now own ammo carriers from 4 different manufacturers and they all are imperfect in some way.

I don't know if the perfect caddy can exist.

I don't think the right caddy exists yet. I kinda do wish that the Invictus ones came .. finished? But I guess that's the price you pay for modularity. I now own ammo carriers from 4 different manufacturers and they all are imperfect in some way.

I don't know if the perfect caddy can exist.

Exactly! It is all but impossible to manufacture a product that works for everyone. My custom caddies that are perfect for me, may very well be disliked by anyone else.

After reading this thread and seeing the pics of how everyone has to make a $100 caddy work for them with hardware store parts and zipties, I'm very grateful that I can just make my own caddies. Nothing against Invictus, or any of the other manufacturers, but having to resort to cobbling them together after spending a fair amount of money on them makes me that much happier that I spent a couple hours to build custom ones.

You don't have to cobble it together unless you want some specific to you way of having it set up. Mine are set up the way I want with no cobbling and they work just fine with parts it came with from Invictus..

People will mess with anything to make it work for them not just in caddies. I think it's a credit to Invictus that you can actually do what these guys have done with them. Try to do that with other plastic molded caddies.

Oh I agree that the Invictus are probably the most customizable and that is a plus, my only real complaint is the rotation issue, the little textured washers between the bar and the quads are just not enough to keep them from eventually moving.

I'd love to see these custom Caddy's!

Tweaking gear is what 3-gunners do. I bet your shotgun, rifle and pistol don't look like they did right out the box.

I'd love to see these custom Caddy's!

Tweaking gear is what 3-gunners do. I bet your shotgun, rifle and pistol don't look like they did right out the box.

I completely understand tweaking gear. I took my shotgun out of the box, ran a couple boxes of shells through it, then tore it down, clamped it in the mill and chips started flying. With the shell caddies I am sincerely grateful that I didn't have to spend a bunch of money on them and still adapt them to my needs.

I've got a 12Q and a 2.8 a and like them both - they're sorta different flavors... The 12Q is nice to have 12 rounds all in one place, the 2.8 is nice because the way it mounts, there's no possibility the shells will ever rotate - which is more important to some than others. I like that Invictus offers enough options that there's a good choice out there for just about everybody, and agree with Rob and Jesse that being able to tweak it further is a plus, not a minus!

The 2.8s fit what I need to do excellently. 10-round stage? Then I only need one on my belt. 16-20? Two. More than that? Start busting out the load-2 stuff.

Got to go prone? I can shove a tube's worth of ammo at 9:00 and 2:00, and move the rifle/pistol mags to 11:00 or 6:00. If the shotshells always have to go on your gut, things start to suck.

I have a 2.8 and have to say I am really impressed! I am brand new to 3gun and was able to quad load 4 and then get the sight back up in well under 4 seconds par time (probably did it in 3 flat). That is with a few slow practices for the proper technique and then speeding it up without trying to go too fast.

I also have a 6 up taccom set that I can use pretty quick but I will probably replace it with another 2.8 if 3 gun becomes more prevalent in my area.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Once again I've managed to break the outer most retaining clips on my two of my 2.8 carriers.

Not by going prone like before, this time I had them packed with other gear in a Pelican case flying to Utah.

Once again Kevin at Invictus Practical is sending me free replacement parts. He also suggested you transport these with shells in them since this gives the clips some support and prevents them from flexing so much should something bump against them.

Obviously you can't keep them loaded when flying, all ammo must be in a box or container specifically for ammo. Magazines and shell caddies can't be loaded.

So I'm going to cut some dowel rods to use just for transporting my IP caddies.

Kevin stands behind his products. Best customer service ever.

I would echo the customer service sentiment. Kevin sent me an email the morning after I ordered it. My sixty-6ix got here in 3 days. And when I opened the box, there was a handwritten note in there thanking me for my business. This is how you get repeat customers. Fit and finish was top notch and a bunch of options as far as configuration go. Use them in their first match tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...