Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Invictus Practical dual and quad load carriers

Rob01

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ja3y7umy.jpg

I'm starting my own shell carrier design. selling these for 17.50 free shipping. Clearly different because they are blue - an indescribable advantage.

Obviously I'm not doing that - it is simply an illustration.

Seriously though. As many have pointed out the taccom product is nothing differentiated or innovative - an angle change, a competitive advantage does not make.

No, (insert company name) didn't invent (quad load, weak hand, double fist load etc). But they manufactured a product that facilities that function and offers an advantage over another company's.

From what I'm seeing (the lay consumer) this "new release" is a duplication of someone else's efforts.

Why not innovate and improve your designs to make them better? Don't get mad at the guy winning the race, get mad that you didn't win and ask why.

This concept of letting others pave the way is becoming more and more rampant in the shooting community. and its beyond disappointing in a sport that stands for honor and pride.

My challenge to the industry as a whole is to bring the best you can to the market. That's where the money is.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

OK. Thanks. Yeah, I really like them.The only time I have seen trouble with them is in a station wagon like Task Force Dagger last year with back and forth movement , having to pick up your shotgun from the back of the car while sitting in the back seat, and having to brace lower torso to get a big lean. Some guys were dropping shells on the seat and floor. I'll have to get practicing, and put some drills on the clock. Appreciate the videos and teaching stuff. DVC

OK. Thanks. Yeah, I really like them.The only time I have seen trouble with them is in a station wagon like Task Force Dagger last year with back and forth movement , having to pick up your shotgun from the back of the car while sitting in the back seat, and having to brace lower torso to get a big lean. Some guys were dropping shells on the seat and floor. I'll have to get practicing, and put some drills on the clock. Appreciate the videos and teaching stuff. DVC

Yeah for that sorta stuff you gotta be real careful not to bump shells on your belt or go chest rig or role old school like grandmaster weakhand KurtM.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

No, (insert company name) didn't invent (quad load, weak hand, double fist load etc). But they manufactured a product that facilities that function and offers an advantage over another company's.

From what I'm seeing (the lay consumer) this "new release" is a duplication of someone else's efforts.

Why not innovate and improve your designs to make them better? Don't get mad at the guy winning the race, get mad that you didn't win and ask why.

Ok....using your logic.....TACCOM has a dedicated 8up QUADLOAD. IP came out with one, looks the same.....it's a Duplication of someone elses effort. WHOA.....hold on here big boy.....it is different!!! It holds the shells different........there is a few more clips there. It's not quite the same after all.....but it IS a dupication of someone elses effort....using your logic. Infact, it was a duplication of my effort.....but here's what I say.....Good job Kevin!! You were determined that you saw a need.....you changed it up a little in what you wanted to see, You've built upon a solid idea and came up with what you think is better and you are running with it!....good job....absolutely!!

Again....using your logic. My logic is.....I've designed something that will be great for some....but not others. It is a Ford, Chevy Dodge thing.....Somethign for everyone.....your style, his style, her style. They all have great things that some like....even love. Other things, not so.

Our feeling is that we DID improve the design.....we don't get mad at the 'other guys'.....FYI....most of us are friends......small industry ya know. As for who is winning the race??? That is rather subjective.

Edited by TRUBL

Jeez, I used to like this thread. If I wanted to read an intellectual properties argument I could just look at the crap on my desk. Granted, these are important and interesting (to some) discussions but not for this thread if you please.

Edited by Neomet

That's the kind of thing they only get away with in Outlaw forms. Around here there are governing provisions for how these things are handled.

If only there were a thread somewhere discussing the positives and negatives having standard rules across all forums versus each forum just making it up as they go along... That couldn't possibly be contentious.

Edited by alma

I am surprised that this is still being beat to death here, it is obvious to me that the new design being referenced in this thread IS different from the IP design , very similar as far as the " ramped arrangement, but clearly different as far as the clips and how the shells would come out. All of the different manufacturers have many similarities but all have a little different way of accomplishing the same thing ( getting shells off your belt ). I have many different caddies from many different makers and they all have their pluses and minuses, but just because you like one or the other don't knock the others just for the sake of arguing. In fairness if someone was saying I copied something that I clearly did not, it would piss me off too - just my opinion -

Here is a positive post.

I got some IP 2.8 caddies on a Friday and used them in a match the next day. Kevin was spot on in customer service including communication.

They work very well and are easy to quad from and pull duces.......for me.

I also have the AP two by two. It pulls deuce easier but these retain better. The IP is not as secure knocking around as my CA fsl8.

I am using them all at this point as a stage dictates with the TMMS system. I am happy to support all these small businesses that make my game more fun. I even like my match saver!

Alma, you know you are welcome to test drive anything I have.

JC

I want to try the IP chest rig as it would be nice to be able to quad load off your chest but it gets awfully hard to keep up with all the new stuff that comes out nowadays. I still like my 4x4 ap's, my qualoads, ap L2,s etc... and I like my matchsaverz too !!

Here is a positive post.

I got some IP 2.8 caddies on a Friday and used them in a match the next day. Kevin was spot on in customer service including communication.

They work very well and are easy to quad from and pull duces.......for me.

I also have the AP two by two. It pulls deuce easier but these retain better. The IP is not as secure knocking around as my CA fsl8.

I am using them all at this point as a stage dictates with the TMMS system. I am happy to support all these small businesses that make my game more fun. I even like my match saver!

Alma, you know you are welcome to test drive anything I have.

JC

Thanks, JC. I have been happy with what I have been using with one exception. While quad loading my second semester of quads I sometime bump my third set that suits on another ELS and knock loose the first shell of next set of quads. There have been a Feb other times that I made it rain shells too so anything that improves that issued without slowing me down would be very welcome. I think I prefer having a space between quad pairs be caused I feel like I can grab them faster but I guess I don't know until I try the other.

Jesse, have you done any mixed belts-loading with weak hand and load two or load four? Its hard to quad load while moving. I really like the 2.8 Invictus carrier I got.

Adam Townsend has a video of some weak hand stuff on Youtube and posted previously in this thread. He is standing still but I get to watch him do it running most every weekend. He shows a demo of both two and four. I personally use the 2.8 for strong side loading, different strokes for different folks, yet the 2.8 fits em all.

All this talk about who came up with what has got me wondering WHO came up with the first stacked shell holder? (Oh I already know, but I wonder if all you guys do!) I gotta tell ya all of them look very similer, even to the orriginal ones I saw. I will give you all a hint....it wasn't an American that first did this, and he could gripe here about ALL these copy cats. Chest rigs you say? first one I saw was in 2003 in Italy, and that had been in use for over 5 years. We can all waist time pointing fingers but things tend to develope in parallel, and of course they all are going to look alike....theres only so many ways you can make a broomstick holder look like it isn't. :)

Old school Jesse?? Looks like the "epic" batttle proved school is still in session. :) I must say though shooting with Chris was a pleasure.