Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolver Division -- major USPSA matches in 2014

As many of you know, after years of campaigning the wheel at major matches around the U.S., I have mostly been shooting other divisions the past couple years. But I have decided that 2014 is the "Year of the Revo" and it's time to get back to some serious roundgunning!

I'm going to break out my 627 on February 1 (the very first day it will be legal in USPSA Revolver Division!) for the WIIT indoor championship in Rockford, IL. This will be a nice early warm-up for Revolver Nationals, although I think I will probably be shooting the 625 at PASA Park in May.

I also took a few minutes to sign up for Revolver Division at both Area 3 (Grand Island, NE) and Area 5 (Barry, IL). This is just a start, by the way--I plan to shoot many more major matches this year.

I want to encourage all my revolver friends out there, plus the new folks who are just getting involved with the wheel, to get signed up for these bigger matches. For those of you attending Area 3 or Area 5, be sure to jump on my squad--we'll have a blast! This is our big opportunity to show the USPSA Board of Directors that they are doing the right thing by keeping Revolver as a separate division, and encouraging more involvement by liberalizing our equipment rules.

Who's with me?? :cheers:

I may not make it to as many matches as you but will be campaigning a 625 all year in USPSA. Still on the fence for a 8 shooter I'm not convinced at my performance level that more practice and ammo would not suit me better. See you at Nationals that's for sure!

I pounced on that pretty quick. In addition to the above I have motivated a few shooter to bring their wheel guns out to the match this weekend to shoot. They are a bit more interested now that someone is campaigning one and they have someone to compete against.

The new rules may just give us that push to keep some momentum. Fingers are crossed.

Area 7 and mid atlantic sectional in 2012, a7 and a8 last year(which were catastrophes).

I was set on switching to open this year but at the moment that is not panning out so its looking like rev again this year, a7, a8, maybe a sectional or two...

I'm in:

March - Alabama Sectional - Registered

April - Area 6 - Registered

May - South Carolina Sectional

September - Georgia State Championship

October - North Carolina Sectional

Plus monthly USPSA and Steel Challenge matches all with my trusty 625JM

I'm hoping by Christmas I can get a 929 with a red dot and shoot Open Revolver in Steel Challenge in 2015

I almost forgot--I'm also shooting the Western States Revolver Championship (and the Western States Single Stack Championship) at Rio Salado in March! Already signed up. Gonna bring two other new Iowa wheelgunners along with me!

Just have to double check the calender and will be registering for Area 5. Thinking I will be shooting my 627. Can't make it to Nats because of a wedding. Will try to sign up on your squad Mike. See you in Rockford at the WIIT.

I've got on the list so far to be at :

Revolver Nationals

Area 8

Area 7

Mid - Atlantic Sectional

and maybe some other localish small ones.

-Alec McMahon

Do you know for sure there is going to be a mid-atlantic this year?

It was to close to a7 last year, i couldn't get down there. It looks like A8 and A7 are 2 weeks apart this year. Aug 29th for A8 and then sept 12th for A7.

We are doing Back-2-Back Level 2 Matches in April. 1st Match will be on Saturday the 26th and 2nd will be Sunday the 27th. They will be 2 separate matches, but will be identical, so you can really see the difference between 6 shot and 8 shot guns. Shoot the EXACT same match with each gun and compare for yourself. My gut tells me that hit factors will be around 8-10% higher with the 8 shot guns, regardless of skill level. These matches are open to ALL Divisions to come play. Some are showing an interest to go SS Minor and then Major, or run Prod then fill the mags the next day and go Lim Minor. Registration is now open on Match Signup. Be SAFE and have FUN!!

We are doing Back-2-Back Level 2 Matches in April. 1st Match will be on Saturday the 26th and 2nd will be Sunday the 27th. They will be 2 separate matches, but will be identical, so you can really see the difference between 6 shot and 8 shot guns. Shoot the EXACT same match with each gun and compare for yourself. My gut tells me that hit factors will be around 8-10% higher with the 8 shot guns, regardless of skill level. These matches are open to ALL Divisions to come play. Some are showing an interest to go SS Minor and then Major, or run Prod then fill the mags the next day and go Lim Minor. Registration is now open on Match Signup. Be SAFE and have FUN!!

wish it was a bit closer