Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolver Division -- major USPSA matches in 2014

I've got on the list so far to be at :

Revolver Nationals

Area 8

Area 7

Mid - Atlantic Sectional

and maybe some other localish small ones.

-Alec McMahon

Do you know for sure there is going to be a mid-atlantic this year?

It was to close to a7 last year, i couldn't get down there. It looks like A8 and A7 are 2 weeks apart this year. Aug 29th for A8 and then sept 12th for A7.

I'm assuming there will be, the Area 8 website has a " TBA " for the 2014 sectional.

I might also toss in the VA/MD sectional if I have the time / money

I'm assuming there will be, the Area 8 website has a " TBA " for the 2014 sectional.

fredricksburg for that, and A8 it looks like.

That's hard, 7+ hours of driving.

fredricksburg for that, and A8 it looks like.

That's hard, 7+ hours of driving.

Yep, both Area 8 and the va/md sectional are in fredsrickburg this year, I think they are 2 or 3 weeks apart too.

I've got friends in both Annapolis MD, and Leesburg Va , both about a 90 minute drive to the range. So I plan to rendezvous there to hang for a bit, stay the night and hit the range in the morning.

Saves me on hotel costs too!

Yep, both Area 8 and the va/md sectional are in fredsrickburg this year, I think they are 2 or 3 weeks apart too.

There's a good possibility I'll be going to the VA/MD sectional this year. I hope you can make it down.

Keep me updated zach. I think registraion is half full already. Lets try to get on the same squad

I was too slow for Alabama and Mississippi, both filled up fast. I am shooting 627 in GA. State Steel match and US Nationals Steel, might be only big matches I get to shoot with revolver this year.

I was too slow for Alabama and Mississippi, both filled up fast. I am shooting 627 in GA. State Steel match and US Nationals Steel, might be only big matches I get to shoot with revolver this year.

Alabama is full?! I thought I saw they had some openings :(

Regarding GA Steel match where can you get info on it. I emailed the match director a few times to get an registration form and there was always some reason why it wasn't available. Isn't that match the last part of January?

Regarding GA Steel match where can you get info on it. I emailed the match director a few times to get an registration form and there was always some reason why it wasn't available. Isn't that match the last part of January?

Alabama has friday slots open

I'm shooting the Rocky Mountain 300 and the ICORE Rocky Mountain Regional. I would also like to hit one out of state match, anyone want to carpool out of Colorado?

Pat, you might wish to consider our ICORE Midwest Regional in Ankeny, Iowa on July 5-6. We'd love to have some of the CO guys come shoot it with us. See if John Burkholder will ride along with you! :D

Mike,

Don't forget the ICORE Northwest Regional in Fallon, Nevada!

Would be great if you could come shoot with us!

That would be great--are the dates published for the 2014 NW match in Fallon yet?

Sept 27-28....

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought Al was full. Google Griffin Gun Club or GA. State Steel match. Match is Jan 31/Feb1. 1/2 day format, I'm shoot 4 entries over 2 days.

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought Al was full. Google Griffin Gun Club or GA. State Steel match. Match is Jan 31/Feb1. 1/2 day format, I'm shoot 4 entries over 2 days.

Good luck at the Steel Challenge match. I was going to shoot it but when I never heard back from the MD I made other plans for that weekend.

Hey Jake, there's some guy on one of the other shooting forums using your name, and he seems to have only derogatory things to say about revolver shooting. You might want to check into that.

Edited by Carmoney

I'm still trying to nail down what level 2/3 matches I'll hit. My wishlist is the Rocky Mountain ICORE match, whatever they're doing for steel challenge in this state or in Wyoming, and one of the numerous matches in Rio Salado, since I think I'm the only one in my group of shooters who hasn't been there yet. I have to schedule it around the two major 3gun matches I'm helping with.

I already see a fair difference in field courses with the 8-shot, and I've got to say after shooting major for 3 solid months, minor's a welcome change.

Edited by thermobollocks