Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RTS 2

ogiebb

Cmore is aware of the problem. the fix is a rubber O ring that they now have. Only downside is it makes it a little harder to open the battery compartment. The bandaid fix is to put a rubberband in the tray. This provides more pressure for the battery to maintain contact. While any problem is a bummer this one isn't a deal killer in my book since there is a quick fix.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cmore is aware of the problem. the fix is a rubber O ring that they now have. Only downside is it makes it a little harder to open the battery compartment. The bandaid fix is to put a rubberband in the tray. This provides more pressure for the battery to maintain contact. While any problem is a bummer this one isn't a deal killer in my book since there is a quick fix.

While I agree probably not a total deal killer, a $400 sight that needs a rubber band to make it work right is troublesome to me.

Just saw one fail repeatedly over 2 days at the Florida Open. Whole crew of friends & family with about $1000 worth of high-tech collared shirts to represent their gun products, that had to be frustrating. On the other hand, my favorite Aimpoint died 4 days prior to the match but it gave something like 18 years and 150,000 rounds of great service up to that point.

I think I am going to wait a-while before I buy another. I have no issue with the rubber band fix...but I want to make sure it will stand up over a period of time. Having that thing go dead at a big match would be a disaster....with "open" you have enough things to worry about.

I think I am going to wait a-while before I buy another. I have no issue with the rubber band fix...but I want to make sure it will stand up over a period of time. Having that thing go dead at a big match would be a disaster....with "open" you have enough things to worry about.

That's pretty much the case with any new iteration of a product from optics to home electronics to gaming consoles, there is a certain amount of consumer testing needed to iron out the little details that were not caught during the control tests done by the factory. I think for now I'll stick with my original deltapoint plan considering the one on my rifle has lasted a long time and I have seen one on a friends shotgun and it's still kicking after two years of saiga abuse. Maybe by next year or so they'll be out with the second gen of the rts2 that has the couple issues that people have found straightened out.

Well add me to the "Dot went out during a Match" category. Really like the sight and was ready to buy another but after maybe 400 rnds it fails...you loose some confidence. The little metal contact tab on the bottom looks like a weak point to me...you are relying on the bent up tab to keep contact with the Batt. If it looses some tension the recoil of the gun will break the contact and the sight turns off. Guess you could bend it up some and hope for the best...might be OK if you check it once in a while.

The Deltapoint has numerous contact points on the top and sides of the batt compartment, almost impossible to break all contact. However those tiny torx screws are a PITA and the delta does wash out a-bit in the bright sunlight...RTS has a very bright dot and the window is bigger.

Guess the fall back is the Classic Cmore either upright/ or aesthetically unpleasing on its side..it does work pretty well. If there was some sort of click adjustment for wind/elevation with no locking screws that would be a big plus...I can handle the sideways thing;)

And THESE are the experiences I have been waiting on. Thanks for posting!

And I was hoping we wouldn't see these. Dang. :(

For those who have the RTS and want something a bit more elegant than a rubber band as a fix. Great Shooter and nice guy Eddie Garcia (sp?) gave me two "O" rings supplied by Cmore..he is a sponsored shooter. Anyway if you go to ACE HARDWARE in their nuts/bolts section you want a Number #6 O ring.

ID is 1/8"

OD is 1/4"

Rubber is 1/16" thick

Fits right under the metal tab....two matches so far with no issues. I do like the RTS much more than the Deltapoint and the Std. Cmore...plastic or Alum.

take a look at the new Leupold DeltaPoint 2.

Well that's settled for me, guess I'm going to be a guinea pig for leupold.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Thank you, Ben, for stepping forward! A new thread will be in order . . . "Leupold Delta Point 2 Too".

I am currently running the Delta Point, and will be testing one as well this fall, I have not doubt. :cheers:

Well add me to the "Dot went out during a Match" category. Really like the sight and was ready to buy another but after maybe 400 rnds it fails...you loose some confidence. The little metal contact tab on the bottom looks like a weak point to me...you are relying on the bent up tab to keep contact with the Batt. If it looses some tension the recoil of the gun will break the contact and the sight turns off. Guess you could bend it up some and hope for the best...might be OK if you check it once in a while.

The Deltapoint has numerous contact points on the top and sides of the batt compartment, almost impossible to break all contact. However those tiny torx screws are a PITA and the delta does wash out a-bit in the bright sunlight...RTS has a very bright dot and the window is bigger.

Guess the fall back is the Classic Cmore either upright/ or aesthetically unpleasing on its side..it does work pretty well. If there was some sort of click adjustment for wind/elevation with no locking screws that would be a big plus...I can handle the sideways thing;)

Sarge, you are obviously a man with experience. I too, am waiting on more reliability reports before jumping in again. :bow:

Sarge, you are obviously a man with experience. I too, am waiting on more reliability reports before jumping in again. :bow:

If you mean, I am a man who has jumped on the latest bandwagon and got burned in the past, then yes I am a man of great experience! :goof:

If you mean, I am a man who has jumped on the latest bandwagon and got burned in the past, then yes I am a man of great experience! :goof:

Detail! Details! We need details of this past experience, that you are trying so hard to forget :roflol:

Is there a way to tell the dot size from looking at the sight? Box says 6 minutes but dot seems smaller than that.

Matt talked me into it; so far I like it better than the big Aimpont, gun balance is better and dot is still very easy to find.

• 5 weeks later...

Cheely mount.

post-354-0-94526800-1397570303_thumb.jpg

Has a very visible dot that can go from pretty dim to much brighter than the traditional C-More. At low setting it may look like a 3-minute size and at full blast definitely looks a 6-minute dot. It also remembers the brightness setting as you turn it off so comes back on at that same setting.