Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any value to the standard Dillon press handles?

Is there any value to the standard Dillon ball handles? I have them from my 550 and 650 and will never use them. Does anyone put them on old presses with shorter handles for an "upgrade"?

I would get rid of these if there is a market for them.

I put mine in the hitch of my truck and jacked the truck up to get the thing just to bend a little. Then I had a machinist put some flats and drill and tap it for a roller handle to fit my LCT. So it would fit any Lee press actually. He got the angle perfect to make it into a nice roller for the LCT.

I put mine in the hitch of my truck and jacked the truck up to get the thing just to bend a little. Then I had a machinist put some flats and drill and tap it for a roller handle to fit my LCT. So it would fit any Lee press actually. He got the angle perfect to make it into a nice roller for the LCT.

See, this is exactly why I won't sell mine. It is one of those items that fits perfectly into the category of, "as soon as I get rid of this thing I'll need it".

Dillon should increase the price of the machine for an amount between the cost of the two handles. The one they provide is virtually worthless. I'd guess most become one of those useless items that you just can't get up enough courage to trash. Surely the cost increase on the machine would be very little. The stock handle is a waste of material, plastic, time and shipping costs. Ok, some of you have found some esoteric use for the thing and that's great. For me, I threw mine away. That's the way I handled it.

Dog

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a 550B with the wood ball and I pulled a sock over it so it doesn't wear my hand out during those long runs. Works slick with zero friction.

Had I read this post before purchasing the roller handle, I probably wouldn't have.

I put an oversize pool que ball on my handle before making my own load sensing auto drive. Never thought of the sock. I wore a Michael Jackson white cotton glove for use with the pool ball.

Now, it makes a great tire knocker for the truck.

I put a slight bend on mine, tapped it for a roller handle. It works great on my LCT. It is VERY hard to bend. Had to put it in the hitch of my truck and practicaly lift the truck off the ground with my jack to get about a 9 degree bend.

post-8280-0-38252000-1396370854_thumb.jp

Edited by 98sr20ve