Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

At the recent Production Nationals, I noticed that there was one shooter bumped to Open. When I asked about this, I was told that it happened when a shooter who had a magnet on his belt used it when he went to ULSC. My question is, what is the difference in using the magnet and putting the mag in a front pocket at this point. If the magnet was not used to hold a mag during the course of fire, and then used, where is the competitive advantage?

I think this is one of those areas that should be clarified or at least left up to the RO.

Granted, what I got was hearsay and may not be accurate, but if it was, was this the right call?

The course of fire is not over until after the RO declares "Range Is Clear". So, in the case you describe, the shooter blew it. I have to ask, though, WTF would someone wear a magnet on a production rig? AT THE NATIONALS?????

rule:

8.3.8 “Range Is Clear” – This declaration signifies the end of the Course of
fire
. Once the declaration is made, officials and competitors may move
forward to score, patch, reset targets etc.

Bwana,

I'd hate to make that call -- but it's an easy call for me to make.....

Magnet is not equivalent to front pocket. Plenty of folks spent years shooting matches at all levels without needing to resort to either magnets or front pockets at Make Ready and at ULSC.....

It's not hard......

Each magazine must be contained individually within the magazine pouch. Magazines may not be retained through magnetic means. Effective January 1, 2013

If you're shooting SS or production and have a magnet on your belt, you're taking a huge risk.

It makes no sense that you can't use a magnet at MR and ULSC, but thems the rules....And it kind of conflicts with this ruling

If I use a magazine from my front pocket to make ready, or after the unload and show clear command place the discarded magazine in my front pocket, will these actions move me to Open division?Answer:Production and Single Stack equipment locations are NOT intended to complicate loading before the start signal or unloading. (e.g. a magazine may be retrieved from a front pocket to facilitate loading before the start signal or while unloading at the end of a COF without penalty).

Edited by GrumpyOne

Foreigner shooter, where it is legal, still had the magnet on his rig...from the gossip I heard.

It makes no sense that you can't use a magnet at MR and ULSC, but thems the rules....And it kind of conflicts with this ruling

If I use a magazine from my front pocket to make ready, or after the unload and show clear command place the discarded magazine in my front pocket, will these actions move me to Open division?Answer:Production and Single Stack equipment locations are NOT intended to complicate loading before the start signal or unloading. (e.g. a magazine may be retrieved from a front pocket to facilitate loading before the start signal or while unloading at the end of a COF without penalty).

From what I understand, the competitor was not foreign, and was Unclassified in Production. He and a buddy were both Limited Shooters taking advantage of the opportunity to shoot a Nationals. From what I heard, there were a lot of folks shooting Production that normally shoot Open or Limited.

My point was, that which Grumpy one cited. I know what the rules say, but aren't we as RO's supposed to have a little common sense and discretion? I don't argue with the rule, but with the interpretation and intent. I am hoping that NROI will take a look at this for the future.

My .02.

I would of guessed it was his IPSC rig, their nationals were the week before I think

I worked the match, multiple shooters from previous weekend had their ISPC rigs on, basicly a brain fart / muscle memory moment

and everyone made PF

Nope. According to the Chrono staff, two competitors went sub-minor with about 5/6ths of the competitors having passed through chrono. One was shooting factory match ammo, the other would not show up in the results as they shoot for no score.

Yep I did went sub minor

I was going to load my mags and try to get another open finish at the nationals to match my 3rd place open from single stack nationals..... But still wouldn't show up so no dice

I almost ordered universal ammo, but my local gun shop got in 9mm and I bought factory 115gr PMC, (rated at 1150fps from a four inch barrel my ass)

and everyone made PF

One was shooting factory match ammo

Official match ammo or ammo from some factory advertised as match ammo? If it's the first, I didn't think people using official match ammo were subject to chronoing.

they still chrono, it just doesn't really matter if they pass or not. that's my understanding anyway.

and everyone made PF

One was shooting factory match ammo

Official match ammo or ammo from some factory advertised as match ammo? If it's the first, I didn't think people using official match ammo were subject to chronoing.

If you were shooting the official match ammo you still chrono'd, your gun still had to be checked to make sure it was legal, but if you went sub minor it didn't count against you.

Yep I did went sub minor

I was going to load my mags and try to get another open finish at the nationals to match my 3rd place open from single stack nationals..... But still wouldn't show up so no dice

I almost ordered universal ammo, but my local gun shop got in 9mm and I bought factory 115gr PMC, (rated at 1150fps from a four inch barrel my ass)

Did you contact the Manufacture? False advertising! Boo... everybody boycott PMC!!!!

They cost you the match Win! We could have had a new Production Champion!

Yep I did went sub minor

There's a guy here locally who shoots PMC outta a G26 for IDPA.......he can't even knock down the poppers that are set for 105 PF for revos.

Yep I did went sub minor

There's a guy here locally who shoots PMC outta a G26 for IDPA.......he can't even knock down the poppers that are set for 105 PF for revos.

Yeah out of a sub compact, here are their spec from a 4 inch barrel

(and yes I am aware that I should have checked this)

Bronze 9A
Caliber
9mm Luger
Product Line
Bronze Line
Bullet Type
FMJ
Weight (grains)
Velocity-Muzzle
Velocity-25 Yds
Velocity-50 Yds
Velocity-75 Yds