Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sight suggestions for mp pro 5"

grouse

Before you get new sights, try using a black marker to darken the front and sides of the fiber.

I too thought the green was too big, but after using the marker, it was okay.

This is my 2nd pro. With the first, I switched to Dawson. I prewfer the S&W front sight now because it is wider than the widest Dawson I could get.

Running the Dawson fiber front but looking at the 10-8 thinking it might be a little more durable by design. As the eyes age seems I need more light or thnner front blades. I like the Burwell rears, great sight for the money.

Running the Dawson fiber front but looking at the 10-8 thinking it might be a little more durable by design. As the eyes age seems I need more light or thnner front blades. I like the Burwell rears, great sight for the money.

The 10-8 is one of the most durable fiber optic sights on the market but the question is, for competition purposes, do we really need the added durability? Ive only junked one front sight and that was me being stupid and after two years of use.

My Dawsons have held up fine over time and i prefer them since the fiber optic rod is higher in the sight than it is on the 10-8, ie closer to the tip of the blade.

I run a Warren Tactical rear with a .115W .180H Dawson Precision fiber front sight. I like the U shape of the Warren Tactical rear sight. I have this setup on both of my M&P 5" Pro's (Production 9mm and Limited 40).

not sure about the longer sight radius on the 5" but on my 4.25" I recently put the Warren Tactical Sevigny competition front and rear with a red f/o front and I really like them, also have heard good things about the heinie's, they were my 2nd choice/option.

• 4 months later...

My favorite setup is the 10-8 rear with a .140 notch and a Dawson .125 wide fiber optic. Tried the .100 wide for a bit and at speed (idpa/uspsa) my accuracy suffered. Thinking about trying the .115 width

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Don't overlook the novak sights. Have a Dawson front and Novak with white dots on rear. Helps line the front dot up quickly especially in lower light conditions. Also have Novaks adjustable rear with white dots and the recommeded front. While Dawson's are great they require a higher front sight with his adjustables that starts to look like a sail to me. Novak's are still tall but not a tall and again the white dots on the rear seem to help line up that fiber optic dot quickly.

Edited by open67

Had to have rear sights with something that stands out, so I use the William's Fire-sights. Nice adjustables with very bright inserts. (The pic is at my desk, but outside, they really pop. I can't use the blacked rear sights because I cannot focus on anything closer than 4 ft out.

A-Hatchling_9.jpg

My favorite setup is the 10-8 rear with a .140 notch and a Dawson .125 wide fiber optic. Tried the .100 wide for a bit and at speed (idpa/uspsa) my accuracy suffered. Thinking about trying the .115 width

I have that exact setup, except I am using the .115" width front. It works great.

• 2 weeks later...