Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA/Tanfoglio Chop Shop - NO SELLING OR TRADING

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone here up for trading some grip panels? I have a Witness Elite Limited and the EG grips are way too thin for my hands. I want to try out the Hennings since ive read that they are thicker.

So anyone up for some trading my EG grips for your Henning grips? Checkered or smooth will work.

WBGKeu3l.jpg

I also would not mind trading (plus cash on my end) for a henning magwell.

Not new comps gump. They are the old v8 comp. they were fitted to the longer slide/barrel with 8 barrel ports. They switched to v12 in about 09 which had the shorter 4.5 inch slide/barrel still with 8 barrel holes but with 4 extras in the comp and 2 chamber comp instead of 3 chamber.

Oh, ok. I gotcha.

I like it. Not 100% sure on the side bleeders on the end chamber. For a while the tanfo comps had them. Eric tried even larger ones and said ultimately no difference so they dropped it.

3 x 3/16 holes at 12 o'clock and bigger first chamber will be good I think.

Does anyone have a pair of the old style wood grips that they would trade for a pair of the new ones? I will pay shipping costs. Or add a little something since the older ones seem more popular than the new ones. Thanks

Gump

So I got a chance to take my Open gun out for only the second time, and only the first time with the red dot mounted.

Omg I love this gun lol.

I knew it was a shooter when it hit the paper at 25 yards without even iron sights on it. So this time I took a few steps forward and started at about 5 yards, and right off the bat the first five shots went just a little right and high. Before I started playing with the red dot I compensated a little and was able to place the next 20 rounds in the A. I then proceded to try and zero it in at 15 yards, I got fairly close and was able to keep the next 25 rounds mostly within a pie plate size area.

The only other thing to mention is that all my screws on my scope and mount started to back out by the end of the day. I didnt loctitet hem because I thought I might need to make some changes. The first thing I did when I got home was throw some blue loctite on it and tighten it all up real nice.

I'm trying to get out this weekend to shot a match. I get a chance ill follow up with another range report

Thanks again for all the help I've gotten here :), and for that here is a bit more eye candy.

20131016_065336.jpg

20131016_065234.jpg

20131016_065605.jpg

Cheers,

Evan

What mount did you use?

Snuck in some shots with my new "open" gun while we were waiting on scores from the Idaho NSSF Rimfire Challenge. As a side note that's 2 years in a row where my conversion ran 100%. In fact I think I have had maybe 2 failures in the last 3,000 rounds.

Anyway, I was hoping my standard minor loads would work in this gun. They "work" but I can't really tell any difference between this and my Limited gun. Going to try some Power Pistol here soon.

Pic of the Magnaport:

magnaport_zps7e2bc66e.jpg

I like what you did on this match slide and barrel how did you do it? I want it on my elite match 40

• 2 weeks later...

_20150517_141826_zpsovoez1u8.jpg

_20150517_141928_zpsx9w4hoqv.jpg

I shot this three port setup today and am very pleased with initial results :) I think with 2-3 1/8" holes at 12 o'clock it will be a great shooter!

38 super or 9mm? Could you make major in 9 easier with this than the stock 9 barrel with all the holes?

The three port is 9mm, I haven't put it over a chrono yet, but based my data I predict it will make major with 8-10% less powder than the V12

Very likely. At 4% less powder, my no-holes gun was still making 8% more PF than my old V12.

(Haven't yet had a chance to work the charge down any more for the new gun.)

This one has fallen behind... time for a parts check!

Who has a 9mm upper for a Pro or Limited? I guess it could be one of the standard longslides and still fit the Pro as well.

Also still in search of a .45 Hunter upper and large frame .22 kit... PM me.

I can't seem to bring myself to shoot anything but Open, so I've decided to phase out my .40 gear, does anyone have a 9mm Limited top end there interested in upgrading to major? ;)

I don't have trade material, but I do have cash and am looking for a .40 upper half to mount on my Hunter frame. Or better yet, a 6" .40 barrel to fit my Hunter slide.

Question for all you gurus out there. I currently have a Tanfoglio Limited. I also have a Hunter .45 acp slide that works great on it. I have been pondering the possibilities of getting a 40 slide/top end setup for it as well. My question is I could I just buy a 40 barrel and put that in my hunter slide? Maybe change the extractor. Are the slides the same or different? Looking at the costs the EAA wants for a conversion I am just pondering cheaper alternatives to getting a 40 blaster. At current conversion prices it seems one would be better off getting a whole gun. Well thanks for the info!!

post-52068-0-29106200-1412891626_thumb.j
post-52068-0-46002900-1412891635_thumb.j

Doubtful. The breechface on the .45 slide is probably too wide to make the .40 barrel fit and the extractor to work.

If I were to get a hunter, I would get it in 10mm and then pick up a .40 barrel.

Edited by himurax13