Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA/Tanfoglio Chop Shop - NO SELLING OR TRADING

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the PF stats are elevating the "thrill factor" in anticipation of my "soon-to-be" 38 Super V12 Gold Team. I was hoping that Atlanta Arms 38 Super would qualify the gun for USPSA Major, but watching the posts (9mm tight tolerances for Major PF), it appears I'll be a "reloader" sooner than I thought.

I guess reloading is part of the evolution of Competitive Sport Shooting. It will also be an opportunity to engage in detailed discussions with other reloaders during the down-time in matches. Now to buy the equipment........

I wouldn't write off Atlanta Arms yet. The V8 I have is a great gun but it's well used - you might get a better velocity from your gun you never know. The chronograph is of course the most vital piece of equipment. I used it right away to confirm minor for our initial use of the V12 9mm's. It's total gold now that I'm trying to work up a load or two. I will say the Atlanta Arms major ammo seems to be very high quality - I haven't had a malfunction yet with it and the velocity was very consistent on at least the rounds I checked. They put a nice bullet on top too. Great vendor.

I've been set up to reload for awhile but really wanted to get a better understanding of everything (the guns, the shooting, the parameters of loads) before I started putting rounds out.

KernelofWisdom,

I'll follow your progress as you work up your loads. I bought Atlanta Arms 38 Super (Major Load) last month in preparation for my Tanfoglio. I'll chron it and use it in Minor for a while if it stalls in the v12.

I began looking for 3n38 yesterday and quickly realized I'll be on a waiting list for that as well. Part of the challenge I guess !!

I thought so. I also liked the weights he added to the front. One side has the cmore mount the other has a weight that protrudes under the barrel.

I would love to shoot a few. I bet they are flat and LOUD as hell and sting like a fastball to the palm. But also flat as hell. I also wonder what his load is! Expecially with 9 lg barrel ports and a few chamber comp.

I recently found a 40s&w Stock 3 on Gunbroker for a decent price that I'm going to convert to a dedicated, SAO Limited gun. From the factory, it came with a 10.5-11lb DA / 4.5lb SA trigger. The smothness and slight camming of the SA break is pretty decent for a stock trigger. Way better than the CZ stock hammers I've had. So far I've only ordered a bunch of springs, extended firing pin and some extra mags.

Is it worth buying a new (Delta, Titan, EGW, etc) hammer, or should I just cut down the hammer hooks a little, ditch the interrupter/disconnector and polish to taste?

Is it possible to modify a CZC flat aluminum trigger to work with a large frame Tanfo?

I recently found a 40s&w Stock 3 on Gunbroker for a decent price that I'm going to convert to a dedicated, SAO Limited gun. From the factory, it came with a 10.5-11lb DA / 4.5lb SA trigger. The smothness and slight camming of the SA break is pretty decent for a stock trigger. Way better than the CZ stock hammers I've had. So far I've only ordered a bunch of springs, extended firing pin and some extra mags.

Is it worth buying a new (Delta, Titan, EGW, etc) hammer, or should I just cut down the hammer hooks a little, ditch the interrupter/disconnector and polish to taste?

Is it possible to modify a CZC flat aluminum trigger to work with a large frame Tanfo?

You can get a flat tanfo specific trigger either from Eric (tanfoglio xtreme part) or from henning (totally redesigned trigger).

If you're happy with the hammer try it first with cut down hooks. If no good then consider the egw hammer. But buy it and the matching sear from henning.

I have a henning trigger and egw hammer sear and firing pin kit. Best trigger I've shot. I get a constant break just under 3lbs. I polished the stock plunger and bar, installed the parts and that was it. I can't say enough good things about this set up.

I've cleaned up some of the recent trade offers and for sale posts. All such posts must go in the Classified Forums. This is an informative thread and I'd hate to close it.

Agreed. With all the sales in the classifieds you have to bump a lot. Plus not everyone knows what a tanfo is or about the parts. Plus it's hard to put a wtt add for " hey I have a few blaaa if anyone is interested. I could use blaaa in return. Or " this is my project any help on parts?"

I know I've given away a hand full of take off parts here just because Ppl needed them. No point to waist a for free post to have them sit in someone else's extra parts bin.

Perhaps there should be a Classified section for each pistol subforum. 1,200 replies on this topic- its hard to argue with that kind of success. But its Brian's forum and I support him running it the way he wants.

Hi Youngeyes, I understand the rules here and appreciate you are doing your job as a moderator.

however, I do plead some consideration for this ruling.

tanfoglio as a platform (particularly in the US) is probably the pistol platform with the least distributor support of any popular handgun platform in competition use.

This thread has enabled members to get bits and pieces they would not otherwise have been able to source.

Often people post a request for something here and many times another member has what they want for free. That won't happen in the classifieds. Or a member posts a request and another member agrees to sell them the part, a part they otherwise wouldn't have advertised for sale. again, won't happen without this thread.

It's also been a thread we can discuss parts interchangability, project guns etc. All those topics (parts swapping/sales, projects, mashups) seem to work nicely together in this one thread.

If I need a pin or spring for a glock I can buy one from dozens of places. Need a magwell for a tanfoglio and there's 2 options, both of which go through long periods out of stock...

I will understand if you can't oblige us, but I think this small trading section is well within the spirit of this wonderful forum. You'll find most people posting here are just helping out fellow tanfoglio enthusiasts. :)

Hi Youngeyes, I understand the rules here and appreciate you are doing your job as a moderator.

however, I do plead some consideration for this ruling.

tanfoglio as a platform (particularly in the US) is probably the pistol platform with the least distributor support of any popular handgun platform in competition use.

This thread has enabled members to get bits and pieces they would not otherwise have been able to source.

Often people post a request for something here and many times another member has what they want for free. That won't happen in the classifieds. Or a member posts a request and another member agrees to sell them the part, a part they otherwise wouldn't have advertised for sale. again, won't happen without this thread.

It's also been a thread we can discuss parts interchangability, project guns etc. All those topics (parts swapping/sales, projects, mashups) seem to work nicely together in this one thread.

If I need a pin or spring for a glock I can buy one from dozens of places. Need a magwell for a tanfoglio and there's 2 options, both of which go through long periods out of stock...

I will understand if you can't oblige us, but I think this small trading section is well within the spirit of this wonderful forum. You'll find most people posting here are just helping out fellow tanfoglio enthusiasts. :)

I would definitely agree with a sub classified section for this Forum. I'm a new Tanfo shooter and have learned much often from what our brothers here are buying,selling, or trading. The transactions are almost alway associated with a project that I'm interested in following. In this respect, this forum is unique and super useful.

This thread is a unique resource for folks shooting the Tanfo guns. It is all about sharing information and parts that are hard to find (as Beer Baron mentioned). It is (IMO) one of the best threads on BE as it is the epitome of shooters sharing ideas and helping other shooters. If there is a way to keep the thread intact and allow parts trading and selling of tanfo related items as Beer Baron describes, it would be much appreciated by the tanfo guys.

Thank you for asking so nicely. It is appreciated. Usually I have to clean up a bunch of 4 letter word posts. I'm turning this over the the moderating team for their opinion.

I'd like to back up that plea. I have gone to PM and email with the folks here and just did a shipping only deal, that isn't really a classified worthy action.

I would suggest keeping a close tab on it and if people get crazy then you can shut it down. But let us part swap or do Pay It Forward deals.

Another +1 on the consideration of keeping the chop shop open as a parts trading place. I understand the rationale behind not allowing the subforums to do trading. It is much more organized, but at the same time as others have so eloquently put. Tanfos really aren't that common in the us. There is very few people with aftermarket parts, and the chop shop allows us to talk about issues with guns, and new projects. It is also a place for horse trading parts, so that others can continue their builds. Again I understand the rules are rules. But it would be greatly appreciated by those who read, and trade on this topic. If we were allowed to continue trading even if it was as Open1215 put it a non ffl parts swap. It would still be an invaluable resource.

Thanks,

Will

Thank you for asking so nicely. It is appreciated. Usually I have to clean up a bunch of 4 letter word posts. I'm turning this over the the moderating team for their opinion.

no problem. we are all adults. I have been an admin on a large forum and know what a thankless job it can be. I do appreciate the work you guys do as volunteers to keep the place running smoothly. :)

Thanks for taking it to the mod team for consideration, that is all we ask. :) I can understand the reasons against the idea just as I can understand the reasons for it. my feeling is the tanfoglio sub-forum is somewhat unique. It's mainly a competition platform, but among the popular competition platforms it's lack of aftermarket (and OEM) support puts it in a difficult category. This thread is not so much guys flogging guns, or rigs etc. More, "I need a tiny roll pin for my safety can anyone help?". Or, "I need a rare barrel config for my tanfo open project". kind of stuff.