Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, TortugaNH said:

From TFB: "The rear of the latch is recessed to protect it from being bumped. This maintains the feature of being able to quickly empty the magazine tube when you want to."  http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/01/23/shot-2018-beretta-1301-tactical-now-fde-aridus-upgrades/

I modified my original 1301 latch pretty much in the same way. Only took a file and a few minutes.

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2018 at 4:14 PM, TortugaNH said:

From TFB: "The rear of the latch is recessed to protect it from being bumped. This maintains the feature of being able to quickly empty the magazine tube when you want to."  http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/01/23/shot-2018-beretta-1301-tactical-now-fde-aridus-upgrades/

5aaad37bb9bd5_1301crop.jpg.d234e7e71459f133aec01a4a50dbfbce.jpg

I'm curious about this as well.  Can anyone confirm if there have been any updates to the latch (or anything else) on the comp model?

Edited by TalkingMonkey

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Having intermittent double feed in my 1301c when racking the bolt. 2 shells on lifter in line w/ the magtube. Happened a few times in practice last week and in a stage in a major yesterday. Cannot deliberately make it happen. Has anybody experienced it? What could be the problem and solution?

At Ipsc world shoot i have saw the prototype of the "new" 1301 comp in blue color. New grip, same bolt latch than tactical, loading port a little bigger (need work for speed quadload), welded lifter.

• 1 month later...
On 8/31/2018 at 10:23 PM, MoonJeong said:

Love my 1301. Not a single malfunction. Fast and no recoil. And tales any ammo. The rib is nice and high too. Wish they sold other stocks for it, like nice wood.

Any A400 stock should mount up just fine. There are tons of A300 stocks as well. 

I put an A400 Mega Kick Off stock on my 1301, bolted right up. 

Edited by ecn515

4 hours ago, ecn515 said:

Any A400 stock should mount up just fine. There are tons of A300 stocks as well. 

I put an A400 Mega Kick Off stock on my 1301, bolted right up. 

Thanks - do you know if that's the case for the barrels also?

11 hours ago, MoonJeong said:

Thanks - do you know if that's the case for the barrels also?

No clue on the barrels. But I'm tempted to say yes since the 1301 us really just a spec'd out 400. Most every other part is interchangeable so it would stand to reason that the barrels would be too. 

Only thing to consider is the barrels are so astronomically expensive that at that point you might as well just buy a different gun for a few more dollars...

25 minutes ago, ecn515 said:

No clue on the barrels. But I'm tempted to say yes since the 1301 us really just a spec'd out 400. Most every other part is interchangeable so it would stand to reason that the barrels would be too. 

Only thing to consider is the barrels are so astronomically expensive that at that point you might as well just buy a different gun for a few more dollars...

There are a few 28” barrels in eBay for about $250 bucks. Not bad if it works. Would have a 21” for 3 gun and 28” for clays. 

This shotgun is on my list for my next shotgun. The question I have is for those who have opened up the loading port have you noticed any wear in the receiver that would effect the longevity of the 1301? The reason I ask is I was browsing rci/xrail sight and they state that’s opening the loading port in this gun will decrease the longevity. Just wondering if there is any first person account of this. Thanks

1 hour ago, mveto said:

This shotgun is on my list for my next shotgun. The question I have is for those who have opened up the loading port have you noticed any wear in the receiver that would effect the longevity of the 1301? The reason I ask is I was browsing rci/xrail sight and they state that’s opening the loading port in this gun will decrease the longevity. Just wondering if there is any first person account of this. Thanks

No issues with mine and have had it for a few years now. 

5 minutes ago, MoonJeong said:

No issues with mine and have had it for a few years now. 

Gotta agree w/ the last two posters, opened my 1301T up 2 years ago & zero issues thus far.

Edited by OldRunner

14 hours ago, mveto said:

Mine was opened up by RCI almost two years ago. Only cleaned once a year, thousands upon thousands of rounds through it. Still looks great, can't really recall any malfunctions in the past two years either. 

1 hour ago, ecn515 said:

Mine was opened up by RCI almost two years ago. Only cleaned once a year, thousands upon thousands of rounds through it. Still looks great, can't really recall any malfunctions in the past two years either. 

Thanks for the info, RCI is on my short list to do the work when I get the 1301, either them of Briley.