Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know where to find a 24" for less than a grand?

If you get one, it will have to have pretty wood furniture.

Hurley

That is what Brownings are for :closedeyes: Of course it makes it easier to find in the rack .

Edited by mwx40x40

Got mine yesterday. Nice and light, fit and finish is gtg. Recoil is light... not versamax light, but very manageable. Weak hand load it's great, needs the front opened up for load 2 though. Anyone have any better pictures of them opened up, than the one in this thread?

I don't know about better pics (cellphone), but you get the idea.

post-18319-0-77864600-1381013779_thumb.j post-18319-0-09022400-1381013828_thumb.j

After this mornings practice, I think I'm done with the mods. (i'll polish it out,..if i get bored)

Being mainly an open guy, I only play in limited a couple months a year. My "fumble-free" weakhand loading 8 is just under 8 seconds with any of my guns. I just started dabbling with load two and can consistently get under 7, hitting low 6’s if I get a decent grab. I know that’s not blazing,..but it’s good enough, for who it’s for. I’m going to try some different holders and practice, because hand to the gun isn’t the problem.

The Beretta will never have the loading port the VersaMax has, but,..it ain't bad.

Got mine yesterday. Nice and light, fit and finish is gtg. Recoil is light... not versamax light, but very manageable. Weak hand load it's great, needs the front opened up for load 2 though. Anyone have any better pictures of them opened up, than the one in this thread?

attachicon.gif1301 Port (800x362).jpg attachicon.gif1301 Port1 (800x368).jpg

After this mornings practice, I think I'm done with the mods. (i'll polish it out,..if i get bored)

Being mainly an open guy, I only play in limited a couple months a year. My "fumble-free" weakhand loading 8 is just under 8 seconds with any of my guns. I just started dabbling with load two and can consistently get under 7, hitting low 6’s if I get a decent grab. I know that’s not blazing,..but it’s good enough, for who it’s for. I’m going to try some different holders and practice, because hand to the gun isn’t the problem.

The Beretta will never have the loading port the VersaMax has, but,..it ain't bad.

great pics ...Im contemplating doing this to my 1301 ... does it help w L2 & QL ?? Also did you use a Dremel of a hand file ??

attachicon.gif1301 Port (800x362).jpg attachicon.gif1301 Port1 (800x368).jpg

great pics ...Im contemplating doing this to my 1301 ... does it help w L2 & QL ?? Also did you use a Dremel of a hand file ??

I still do it, old school, with files. I haven’t found a straight edge on a dremel yet! B)

Kampr, Thanks for the picd.have you used it for load 2 yet? Wanna talk to a couple people before I start machining on a $1k shotgun.

As stated, I just started trying the “load-two” and am already beating my weakhand loads. (which I thought was decent) My biggest problem is getting a consistent grab from the FSL8’s. Once in hand, getting them in the gun is pretty slick. I like them for weakhand, but there’s probably a better system for me.

What helped the most was moving and smoothing out the radius at the front of the receiver cut, which was acting like a ski jump. I also took the bottom of the receiver to the bottom of the serial number. I know some of our friends across the big pond have had their receivers restamped (where it should be)and went though the original number.

Kampr, Thanks for the picd.have you used it for load 2 yet? Wanna talk to a couple people before I start machining on a $1k shotgun.

As stated, I just started trying the “load-two” and am already beating my weakhand loads. (which I thought was decent) My biggest problem is getting a consistent grab from the FSL8’s. Once in hand, getting them in the gun is pretty slick. I like them for weakhand, but there’s probably a better system for me.

What helped the most was moving and smoothing out the radius at the front of the receiver cut, which was acting like a ski jump. I also took the bottom of the receiver to the bottom of the serial number. I know some of our friends across the big pond have had their receivers restamped (where it should be)and went though the original number.

Kampr, looking at your pics, how does smoothing out the front of the receiver cut help in loading? I can see where you knocked the corner off, but I don't understand how it helps. If you're hitting the 'ski jump' haven't you already missed the tube? I just got my L2 shell holders and haven't started practicing yet. What am I missing?

BTW, you were kind enough to show me your 1301 at RSSC a few weeks ago. I just got mine from Grabagun.

Kampr, looking at your pics, how does smoothing out the front of the receiver cut help in loading? I can see where you knocked the corner off, but I don't understand how it helps. If you're hitting the 'ski jump' haven't you already missed the tube? I just got my L2 shell holders and haven't started practicing yet. What am I missing?

BTW, you were kind enough to show me your 1301 at RSSC a few weeks ago. I just got mine from Grabagun.

It just might be my technique, but it was disturbing my grip on the last shell in. I wasn’t missing the tube, it just felt herky jerky. Now it’s one smooth motion. YMMV

You’re more than welcome to try it next week.

I'm currently running a CZ712 in 3 gun and have contemplated "jumping ship" to maybe a 1301?? Am seriously considering the 24" version over the 21".. Whats the overall consensus as to why buy either a 24 or 21 ?..I found a 24" for $1089 and a 21 for $1099...

Get a 24 and a longer tube. There really is no benefit to a 21 since the 8+1 max basically went away which is when the 21 became popular. I wish they would bring it out a 26 or 28 inch barrel

You can put an A400 barrel on it. Can interchange at least the stocks, lifter, and barrel with the A400. Want a 26" with extended chokes? Go for it.