Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
JediTodd

Beretta 1301 Comp

Mine came shipped with a flush IC choke. I bought an A400 Excel the same day that I purchased the 1031 so I can use the extended chokes that were supplied with the A400. I did try an screw an Optima choke from an old shotgun into the 1301 barrel and it seemed to fit fine but I have not used it while shooting.

Will your A400 barrel work on the 1301? If you don't know, could you please see if it will, since you have both? let us know.

Thanks

Mine worked nicely at FNH. Now for a real test' Blue Ridge.

Supposed to have a little rain on Tuesday, guess we will see how it likes mud.

Edited by Lead-Head

Hi Everyone

I thought I'd put up some pics of the magazine tube that is supplied with the 1301 in the UK. The tube is plastic (not as bad as you think!), and my gun is the 24 inch barrel so it is flush with the end of the muzzle when using the supplied choke (IC, flush fitting Optima HP). It comes with a spring but I am still using the one that came with the gun when it had no tube on, and it still works fine, no fail to feeds at all. The image of the label on the bag is included just in case, but I do not know if this is a part number or not. I have also got a Nordic +5 which I am going to go with, this sticks out past the end of the muzzle by just over the length of the standard (shortest) Nordic end cap, and will be using an extended Modified choke.

HTH

Keith

okgf.png

hczr.png

pedr.png

tfsl.png

im suprised they dont have them installed already here in the states also...And nice pics

Mine came shipped with a flush IC choke. I bought an A400 Excel the same day that I purchased the 1031 so I can use the extended chokes that were supplied with the A400. I did try an screw an Optima choke from an old shotgun into the 1301 barrel and it seemed to fit fine but I have not used it while shooting.

Will your A400 barrel work on the 1301? If you don't know, could you please see if it will, since you have both? let us know.

Thanks

I will check it today when I get home.

Got to handle one of the 21" 1301 comp guns yesterday, then quickly sold my JM Pro to a buddy.

Now, off to find the elusive 24" model!!!

Got to handle one of the 21" 1301 comp guns yesterday, then quickly sold my JM Pro to a buddy.

Elusive indeed. Been looking for a couple of weeks now.

Why is everyone looking for the 24" and not the 21"?

Seems to me the 21 would balance out better after you hang a long tube on it.

Please don't tell me you are worried about the "look".

Why is everyone looking for the 24" and not the 21"?

Seems to me the 21 would balance out better after you hang a long tube on it.

Please don't tell me you are worried about the "look".

Because the “internet“ says a longer barrel is more desirable,…it‘s just a coincidence that it happened about the time when no one could find a 22” VersaMax tactical. :roflol:

still cant on the Versa... but i actually prefer a 26" myself ..

im suprised they dont have them installed already here in the states also...And nice pics

I think it is the same reason Benellis don't come with long tubes in the US-it is a quirk in the importation laws regarding either number of US parts or about large capacity magazines for shotguns. ANyway I love my 21" 1301 Comp. Excellent shotgun.

Mine is here 24" with a + 6 Nortic tube

image-5.jpg

image-7.jpg

Edited by rep70

There is no real difference or good reason to go 24 over 21 for barrel, or vice versa. I know the people that got them first here in the US got them with 24" so they could go play overseas with them and not have issues with other countrys regs, and so others may have thought that there was a more compelling reason for the choice, when there really wasn't.

Just as with Benelli's there are atributes for both, 21's tend to be snappier and faster to transition, and 24's tend to point truer to the shooter, but if they both fit you then it really doesn't matter, the gun that fits you will always be better.

I have both, but have not put a round thru the 21" gun, because I really like the stock on the 24" gun, it has the Kick off option, and the 21" doesn't.

Trapr

Trapr, is the KO assembly a drop in on the non KO stock or do you have to get the whole stock?

It is part of the stock

Yep, but can also be purchased separately from Beretta. Just not sure if it fits the 1301 stock.