Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Approved for member review...

Flexmoney

I'm tired of waiting so this announcement will be going out to the Rio Salado shooters this week:

Attention current and wannabe USPSA Revolver shooters

While USPSA Revolver Division may allow 8 shot minor guns in January that is months away so let's use Limited 10 to do it right now at Rio Salado.

Sign up in L10 as Minor if you're shooting an 8 shot gun, and Major or Minor as appropriate if you're using a 6 shooter. Put "Revo" in front of your last name (Brad RevoPerkinson, Frank RevoD'Amato) to identify you as a revolver shooter in the results and do NOT use your USPSA number.

We can't use USPSA numbers with incorrect last names and without them classifiers will not be sent in. If you're a 6 shooter AND want/need Revo classifiers this won't work for you and you'll need to stay in Revolver Division. But if we get the 6 shot people in L10 instead of Revo we'll have all the revolver shooters in one division competing against each other, as it should be!

I don't expect to get dozens of new revo shooters at each match but we already have two or three people shooting 8 shot revolvers in L10 at most matches (along with only one or two "real" L10 shooters). At least we'll get all the current revo people in the same division and I hope it will encourage more as they won't just look like bad L10 shooters in the combined results.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pdpaz, we just sign up as revo minor and only shoot 6 on the classifier.

My thinking is that it's easier to modify the sign up than the shooting. I'm hoping to have enough Revo shooters that making sure everyone knows a local rule will be a problem! :)

Thanks for the test MCB. I'm looking forward to some of rio salado's results.

Your Welcome. It was grueling work shooting all those stages. :D

Its been a lot of fun getting an 8-shot up and running. Whether 8-shot happens in USPSA Revolver or not I am having a lot of fun shooting it in Production. Should get me lots of revolver trigger time between now and Nationals no matter which Revolver I get to shoot.

Make sure to share the Rio Salado's results I would be very interested in seeing them as I am sure others here will be.

Thanks for the test MCB. I'm looking forward to some of rio salado's results.

Your Welcome. It was grueling work shooting all those stages. :D

Its been a lot of fun getting an 8-shot up and running. Whether 8-shot happens in USPSA Revolver or not I am having a lot of fun shooting it in Production. Should get me lots of revolver trigger time between now and Nationals no matter which Revolver I get to shoot.

Make sure to share the Rio Salado's results I would be very interested in seeing them as I am sure others here will be.

Here you go: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=168982&page=3#entry2000874

I don't see any 6 shot guns finishing in the top 20 maybe top 40 at nationals.

I hope we get a chance to find out.

My hyperbole...

If the stages are short as this past year's nationals were(wasn't there, was just what I heard) then the number of reloads are going to be a wash I suspect that some guys will opt major.

18 round stages means both guns need two reloads, and major scoring will be VERY favorable.

No make ups for 6 shooters, but the top guys win by fewest errors anyways.

The top dogs are going to show up with 4 guns, there 6 shot rig + spare and there 8 shot rig + spare.

They will walk the stages the day before , balance the risk, and choose what they think is going to yield best outcome.

14-16 round stages will be a wasteland, sorry, there is no escape. If there are a preponderance of stages with this round count, they will choose 8 shooters....

Even a 1.32 Griffin reload is not fast enough...

I don't believe major slows down the top guys one bit respect to the actual shooting part, the top 16 guys shoot major just as fast as minor, it doesn't matter.

At all the other level 2 and level 3 matches where its "I can see 8 from here", and half or more of the stages are 32 rounds, it will favor 8 very strongly

My hyperbole...

If the stages are short as this past year's nationals were(wasn't there, was just what I heard) then the number of reloads are going to be a wash I suspect that some guys will opt major.

18 round stages means both guns need two reloads, and major scoring will be VERY favorable.

No make ups for 6 shooters, but the top guys win by fewest errors anyways.

The top dogs are going to show up with 4 guns, there 6 shot rig + spare and there 8 shot rig + spare.

They will walk the stages the day before , balance the risk, and choose what they think is going to yield best outcome.

You could very well be right, but most of us aren't GM's so it's kinda "so what?".

I'm not one of the "top guys", most of us aren't. I'm gonna show up with what I like shooting most and that's an easy choice. 8 shot minor. I haven't been shooting USPSA lately because I got sick and tired of shooting endless 8 shot arrays with a six shot gun. I have been shooting steel challenge and bowling pins every chance I get, with a revo 'cause I like 'em and until just recently I didn't own a semi-auto. I just picked up two 5" 627's. One gets iron sights, one optics and porting. So, I'll be back to USPSA with a revo, hopefully in Revolver Division or in L10 if the rules stay the same. But no more feeling like I'm beating my head against the wall shooting 8 shot arrays with a 6 shooter.

TOM E im with you. Apex is almost done with my other 627-4 set up for limited. I quit shooting uspsa with a revolver. its just not so fun. my other 627 is ported and has a dot. uspsa 8 shot minor will have me shooting everything I can in revolver.

Edited by scottyinAZ

"You could very well be right, but most of us aren't GM's so it's kinda "so what?"."

The discussion is primarily geared towards how the proposed or discussed or whatever rule change will effect current equipment and how competitive it will be. Requiring two guns for major events is tiresome.

If you'r guys are in the "I don't care, I'll shoot whatever because I'm not good and will never be good" boat, that's fine. But then you guys honestly don't have any say in this whole discussion because by that same logic, you'd be happy shooting Production, or Limited, Limited 10, or Open with your Revolver - after all, if its ALL about fun, then the score is irrelevant, right?

The discussion is primarily geared towards how the proposed or discussed or whatever rule change will effect current equipment and how competitive it will be. Requiring two guns for major events is tiresome.

Planning on doing that? Taking two guns (6 & 8 shot) so you can obsess over which might be better? The obsessing could easily get tiring, the "sky is falling" routine sure is.

I think they, 6 major - 8 minor, would be very close in terms of "how competitive it will be". I also think most would just pick the one they most like to shoot, or feel they shoot best. Or, more simply, shoot the one they have and I think we have an opportunity to make the division rules so more guns are feasable to come out and shoot. Another idea you don't seem to like.

Having a choice would be nice instead of the "one gun" (and one discontinued years ago at that) class we have now.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, we had a phone meeting of the Rules Committee (not the whole Board) last night. This was one of our talking points, as we are at/near the end of the 90 comment period. We have some house keeping to do (pulling comments together for review) on this and on the overall Rule Book update. That will be done and a special BOD meeting will likely be called.

Kyle F.

AD5 - USPSA

Just curious. How is this going to affect hit factors on classifiers that have a round count of only 8 shots?

Not being talked about much. :)

I am on the Classifiers Committee, however...and I will suggest that we kill off those classifiers. I can't see any other way to do it fairly.

Just curious. How is this going to affect hit factors on classifiers that have a round count of only 8 shots?

I am on the Classifiers Committee, however...and I will suggest that we kill off those classifiers. I can't see any other way to do it fairly.

I just shot an 8 round classifier with my 6 shot revo. I shot an 82%, leaving me at 74%. One more point and I go to "A" and you want to take it away from me. :(

I just shot an 8 round classifier with my 6 shot revo. I shot an 82%, leaving me at 74%. One more point and I go to "A" and you want to take it away from me. :(

I would hope that they would keep the all classifiers already shot and retire the 8 shot classifiers from that point forward.

I would hope that they would keep the all classifiers already shot and retire the 8 shot classifiers from that point forward.

That's what will happen. I figured it out after I posted the above.

But my question is, Would not including the 8 shot arrays in the classifiers factor in the difference between the 8 and 6 shot. I realize that one could shoot a 6 shot all year round then come back with the 8 shot for larger matches or for that matter shoot only 6 and reload with the 8 shot for a lower class. That would not count as much if there only a few in a class to make a difference nowadays.