Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Approved for member review...

Flexmoney

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minor 8 / Major 6 has been approved, for member review and input.

Please contact your area directors directly with your thoughts on changing the division.

OK, can somebody explain exactly what this means? Can we start using Minor-8 immediately in USPSA matches, or is it still merely a tentative talking point? Does another vote need to take place before Minor-8 can be used? Was a provisional rule change approved, and if so for how long?

I would also like to know how the vote broke down--i.e., which board members voted for/against the change. Can somebody help with this info?

I only want this to pass so I can stop hearing about "revolver friendly" stages. :roflol:

Pretty sure you haven't heard this from any actual USPSA Revolver shooters. But thanks for the funny comment.

Sorry for the lack of clarity (posting from the airport, in hopes of getting in front of some of rumor mill that might already be started)

. The vote that went through was for further discussion, seeking input from the membership. No equipment changes yet.

R.I.P my old 625

Naw, you're going to need it for matches where the stage design favors the 6-major option. This will likely include next year's USPSA Revolver Nationals.

I can see it now, we will have to bring both guns and ammo for each untill we get a look at the stages on the ground. :roflol:

There is a new rule book that will be posted in the next couple weeks. The rules have not been voted in yet and will not be voted on for 90 days. This was just to put it in front of the members to get their input. Not a done deal. Earliest it would be implemented is likely Jan 2014.

Awesome! Now if I can just find a S&W 627. We where talking about the 8-shot minor possibilities at today's club match and I totally got teased. A buddy of mine said he had a 627 in 38 Super that would be perfect for 8-shot minor and then he wouldn't sell it to me. :angry2::goof: We had 4 competitors in Revolver division and one guys shooting a 627 (38/357) in Production. IMHO 8-shot minor will bring out a few more Revolver shooters.

I sent my area director an email, are there other people we should be sending feedback to?

Sorry for the lack of clarity (posting from the airport, in hopes of getting in front of some of rumor mill that might already be started)

. The vote that went through was for further discussion, seeking input from the membership. No equipment changes yet.

And earlier wrote:

Further discussion of the whole situation or only the possibility of Minor 8 / Major 6?

Please contact your area directors directly with your thoughts on changing the division.

When is the earliest a vote would done on the actual change?

edit. reading comprehension fail

Edited by seanc

From this thread (bold is my emphasis):

"There is a new rule book that will be posted in the next couple weeks. The rules have not been voted in yet and will not be voted on for 90 days. This was just to put it in front of the members to get their input. Not a done deal. Earliest it would be implemented is likely Jan 2014."

I like the idea. I've done some revo shooting in the past in USPSA... using my 627 sounds interesting for sure. Not sure what that will do the division however... giving up major for 2 rounds seems like a bigger advantage.

Per the bylaws, rules that change division equipment must be published 90 days prior to their implementation, so if they go into effect 1/1/2014, everything would have to be wrapped up by October 1 of this year. (Sorry for my poor phrasing. Here is the section from the bylaws.)

16.2 Competition Equipment Rules Modifications:
Changes to U.S. Division rules affecting personal competition equipment shall be adopted for a specific Division no more frequently than every two years except as may be required to comply with federal laws. Those changes must be published in the corporate newsletter three months prior to effective date.