Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reviews of Ceiling Light for 550/650

I have a lot of Dan's (Inline) stuff on my current press (Hornady LNL AP - I know, different forum). I just got a couple items from him that I'll be using on the press I plan to get soon. Yes, a blue one.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the skylight kit for both of my 650's..... I'm very happy with them, even though I have a good amount of light above and around my bench - these make all the difference in the world....

Can you do you own for cheaper - sure, but it seems like they really spent the time getting this laid out just right and installs very easy & quickly.

I do like the ingenuity of members making their own stuff, look forward to the results...

The Skylight is super bright and machined to fit perfectly with the right amount of cable to route, and the strip LED's are the perfect length and very bright as well. Tons of light flooded into the work place. I ended up routing the power for my casefeeder and the light kit up to the ceiling area so none of the electrical chords are laying about on the bench....

Super Happy with the investment...

Ordered the Inline product and absolutely love it. Don't see how it could be better for the purpose. Great price as well…lots of value for the $$.

It replaced a couple of battery gooseneck LED lights that could never get the light right where I needed it.

:cheers:

Curtis

I've had the strip and skylight on my LNL for a year or so. Just got a 650 and added same to it. I thought the lighting at my bench was good but I wouldn't reload without the LEDs anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I just put the light in my 550. Maybe I got a bad one, cuz I'm not impressed with the amount of, or lack of light I get. It's no where near as bright as the pic posted by beanie-bean.

I was about to make the same comment until I saw this post. In my case, the amount of light provided is only useful if I was to reload with all other room lights off. Mine casts a weak blue-ish light and no, it's not just because the loader is blue. When mine breaks I will not replace it. But hey, glad to hear others are happy.

Edited by Snollygoster

I have an Inline Skylight on my 550 and some bin barriers from Dan. Even though I have a lot of light in the room, not much is right down in the case. The Skyllight puts good light right down in there and I can see the powder level much better than I can without the Skylight. Good stuff.

Edited by Terlingueno

I just put the light in my 550. Maybe I got a bad one, cuz I'm not impressed with the amount of, or lack of light I get. It's no where near as bright as the pic posted by beanie-bean.

I was about to make the same comment until I saw this post. In my case, the amount of light provided is only useful if I was to reload with all other room lights off. Mine casts a weak blue-ish light and no, it's not just because the loader is blue. When mine breaks I will not replace it. But hey, glad to hear others are happy.

Call Dan. My light is bright enough to hurt if you look directly at it. Dan is great on CS.

I like the lights a lot, I can't imagine trying to handload without them. I've also included pictures of my other two favorite modifications. 1). Spent primer catch bottle, makes cleanup foolproof. and 2). Unused primer catch bottle, this replaces the "ski jump" and it was very useful when developing loads, now that my favorite loads are set, I don't do much changing so the usefulness of this modification isn't what it was originally.

post-56380-0-28402400-1421677741_thumb.j

post-56380-0-11900600-1421677776_thumb.j

post-56380-0-65672900-1421677804_thumb.j

post-56380-0-07819200-1421677836_thumb.j

post-56380-0-93037200-1421677862_thumb.j

Edited by Bkreutz

I thought about getting one but didn't really see the need. The lighting in my loading area is very good. Then I got one as a gift and tried it out. Simple to install and what a difference it made. I promptly ordered another one for my second 650.

Well, the euphoria was short lived. I must already have a very well lit reloading room as I could barely notice a difference with the light kit on. I don't want to say I'm not impressed and bash the product by any means but it is nowhere near as bright as I had hoped. Now I'm stuck with it and will probably take a loss on it by selling it to somebody on the forums who doesn't already have the amount of light in their reloading room as I apparently do.

I need to try this i think, the llittle flashlight i got from uniquetek is just not cutting it. I also found it does not fit one of my tool heads. The hole is smaller. Hmmm

I can save you five bucks if you want mine for $35 shipped. I opened the bag but didn't peel any tape backing or anything.

I need to try this i think, the llittle flashlight i got from uniquetek is just not cutting it. I also found it does not fit one of my tool heads. The hole is smaller. Hmmm

I can save you five bucks if you want mine for $35 shipped. I opened the bag but didn't peel any tape backing or anything.

I'll take it if he doesn't.