Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good source for 9mm Bullets

DubRose

New to reloading and looking for a good source for quality 9mm bullets. Hard cast lead is fine. I have been shooting 115gn rn/coated rainier they seem ok. Also opinions on gn. Some of my friends on like 147gn but have trouble articulating why.LOL.... Thanks any information is welcomed!

The recoil impulse from bullets of different weights is different - when loaded to the same power factor. Testing suggests that heavier bullets have less recoil at the same power factor.

http://38super.net/P...ml#Anchor-47857

Also, the longer bearing surface of heavier (longer) bullets might improve accuracy. But this has to be tested in your gun.

Edited by superdude

Heavier, slower bullets recoil softer. Some guns don't like slower bullets. My P99 keyholes sometimes, and I've heard M&P's don't group so well. I shoot 125 and 135 grain Bear Creek moly bought from a local shooter who is a distributor.

• 2 months later...

Bayou bullets.com. moly coated lead. GREAT little green bullets. Once you use them, you will be ordering from donnie thee owner everytime u purchase bullets. Plus, a lot cheaper that plated and shoi t great from glocks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Bayou bullets.com. moly coated lead. GREAT little green bullets. Once you use them, you will be ordering from donnie thee owner everytime u purchase bullets. Plus, a lot cheaper that plated and shoi t great from glocks.

can't even back order these right now.

Looks like Precision bullets might be faster now

Just got an order from Black Bullets International. They were the 125g RN. Great bullets and really soft recoil. Will be ordering some more after a little more testing. Used 3.8g of WST.

Edited by Out of Ammo

can't even back order these right now.

Looks like Precision bullets might be faster now

I've ordered from him multiple times since October with 1 week being the longest wait. Ordering 1-2k per order of 124gr. Very satisfied coonass right here.

Just got an order from Black Bullets International. They were the 125g RN. Great bullets and really soft recoil. Will be ordering some more after a little more testing. Used 3.8g of WST.

what velocities are you getting with that charge? also what gun?

Im waiting on my order of 125s from BBI

wheel_weight.jpg

Wheely?

Wheelweight, actually. A lot of them are still made out of lead, although there are some that are aluminum, steel, or zinc. Unfortunately the big nationwide tire franchise stores are contracted out to recyclers already. That leaves the small mom and pop shops. It's work, but the guys over at the cast boolits forum are about to perfect powder coating (yes, like the baked on finish on your washer and dryer). One guy is pushing a powder coated cast lead boolit above 3,000 fps out of his .223.

wheel_weight.jpg

Wheely?

Wheelweight, actually. A lot of them are still made out of lead, although there are some that are aluminum, steel, or zinc. Unfortunately the big nationwide tire franchise stores are contracted out to recyclers already. That leaves the small mom and pop shops. It's work, but the guys over at the cast boolits forum are about to perfect powder coating (yes, like the baked on finish on your washer and dryer). One guy is pushing a powder coated cast lead boolit above 3,000 fps out of his .223.

So would that eliminate the need for lube (wax) on the lead bullets?

wheel_weight.jpg

Wheely?

So would that eliminate the need for lube (wax) on the lead bullets?

Correct. No waxey lube. Some of the guys with the bullet feeders on their progressive presses are happy about that.

The .300Blackout guys are really digging it.

EDIT: I'll be be back in a second to post some real pics

Edited by Chills1994

Yeah, the .300 Blackout guys like them because using the same mould, they can color code the boolits to denote either a supersonic round or a subsonic one:

SomeSuperSonicSomeSubSonic_zps81ff480f.j

some of the black rifle boolits in this pic appear to have been outfitted with aluminum gas checks:

TasteThisRainbow_zps49fb48bb.jpguto

You can make gas checks out of aluminum soda or beer cans. There are check making tools out there. At least one of which screws into the top of a single stage press.

YellowBoolits_zpscbe2f9e0.jpg

Some other guys are experimenting running rifle boolits without checks.

And then there is the HI-TEK chemical solution that Donnie Miculek (yes, Jerry's brother) imports from Australia. Coat your boolits in bulk.

Edited by Chills1994