Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

I think I figured out why my 2-3 year old Nova Nordic tube won't seat fully. I put the barrel and hand guard on. Screwed the nova Nordic nut on then screwed the tube in and it all seated. Then I unscrewed the nut/tube and the tube could be screwed into the nut another 1/2-1 turn. The older nut must be different. The tube is screwing further into the nut which is stopping it from screwing all the way onto the gun. Gonna call Nordic Monday and ask if an things changed in those threads over the past few years. Also gonna try a brand new Nordic Nova nut/tube from my buddy Tony at Make Ready Pro Shop Sunday at the club match at USSA.

Jesse this might be why you have to cut off the small metal piece on the front of the stock tube. Shouldnt be an issue to just cut and clean up that piece to find out. If not I have some brand new tubes on there way for a couple more of these that im doing and should be able to figure it out.
Somebody needs to figure it out cause cutting off an 1/8" from an OEM mag tube does not make this a 3 Gun ready newbie friendly gun. Even at $450.

WHAT!?!?! You can grind away on a loading port, but cutting off .125" from a thin wall tube is too much? You are being sarcastic...right?
I can do it but must new 3 gunners are gonna struggle with putting scratches on a gun much less cutting and grinding.

Personally I think/hope that Nordic is already working on a nut for is specifically as this thread alone means there's a lot of interest in a sub $500 3 gun shotgun.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may not be a gunsmith but I did watch a you tube video and decided to take a file to my new shotgun!! Thanks for taking the time to make your video Jesse, looking forward to part two

I just received what should be a "newer" Nova nut with my extension from Shooters Connection. My 24" M3000 should be in this week and I'm assuming it will be a newer run. I will post my findings when I get it together.

We tried Ryan's extension on my gun today and it only made it a thread or two. This was at the range before a match so I didn't try sanding the threads or cutting the end of the tube.

So far my Stoeger M3000 has run flawlessly. I have run 75 rounds of 3-1/4 DRAM, 25 rounds of 3 DRAM, and 25 rounds 2-3/4 DRAM. I had the opportunity to shoot it in a 2 gun match today, it was a lot of fun. I look forward to shooting it more. The loading port definitely needs to be opened up, ouch.

The stock port seems unusually narrow doesn't it? I couldn't even get a thumb in her.

Yes, I have two small cuts on my thumb. It is surprising sharp. My company has a nice machine shop, and my machinist is willing to put it on his mill to open it up. Problem is the shop is 600 miles away! I may get to impatient before I'm in the shop again.

My 3500 is going burst (2 rounds every trigger pull) every once in a while. I haven't messed with the trigger at all. Only things I've done is put the nordic tube on and started opening up my loading port. Any idea?

The light load reliability has gotten a little better. I ran 100 rounds of Super Handicap and have kept the bolt back a couple days and it's only failing to cycle every once in a while. I think it will go away eventually.

My 3500 is going burst (2 rounds every trigger pull) every once in a while. I haven't messed with the trigger at all. Only things I've done is put the nordic tube on and started opening up my loading port. Any idea?

The light load reliability has gotten a little better. I ran 100 rounds of Super Handicap and have kept the bolt back a couple days and it's only failing to cycle every once in a while. I think it will go away eventually.

Did it do that before any mods were done?

Yes or no...remove the wash the trigger group.

Did it do that before any mods were done?

Yes or no...remove the wash the trigger group.

No, but I only put about 100 rounds through it before messing with it.

Like I said, the only things I've done where begin to open up the loading port and add the nordic extension.

I'll give it another thorough cleaning.

Here is a not so quick video if how I open up my loading port. I need to do part two this weekend.

I'm not a gunsmith so I'm sure there are better ways of doing this both with and without a mill. This works for me. Remember take it slow, try it out cause you can always take more off but can't put any more back on.

This almost makes me think I'm crazy enough to whip out the dremel and start tearing this thing apart.

UPDATE ON EXTENSION TUBE NUTS- First production batch is ready to go! Nordic MXT components should be here at the end of this week. I will be stocking +5s thru +9s. Specific info will be on vendor page. I will post pictures of the new nut on a new thread later today, so you can see what it looks like. More info to come!

Edited by openclassterror

Fi you can get the 12th shell in half way you can cut about 4-5 coils and get the rest. It maybe tight. Try cutting one coil at a time until it fits. Don't go below 12-14" of spring sticking out of the end of the tube.

Thanks, Jesse. I'll give it a try.

Oh now that I can post pictures...

A69E2DF9-8C10-47CD-AD07-D19E93471F52-213

Here's the light port opening I did too it. I didn't get too aggressive with it.

700B29AD-8484-4457-82A2-98ECC21A0056-656

8F682E04-8613-4A06-B687-577FCED82977-656

Edited by Ctbreitwieser

Fi you can get the 12th shell in half way you can cut about 4-5 coils and get the rest. It maybe tight. Try cutting one coil at a time until it fits. Don't go below 12-14" of spring sticking out of the end of the tube.

Thanks, Jesse. I'll give it a try.

Oh now that I can post pictures... A69E2DF9-8C10-47CD-AD07-D19E93471F52-213

Here's the light port opening I did too it. I didn't get too aggressive with it. 700B29AD-8484-4457-82A2-98ECC21A0056-6568F682E04-8613-4A06-B687-577FCED82977-656

that looks good! I may be willing to do that much.

Picked up my shotgun today. Put a Nordic +6 on my 26" M3000 version, the nut screwed right on. Serial number is 13557XX if that helps narrow down when things changed.

Next step is to hog out the loading port and then practice, practice, and practice some more so I'm ready for this year's matches.

1540504_10202034500602361_17423341_o.jpg

Picked up my shotgun today. Put a Nordic +6 on my 26" M3000 version, the nut screwed right on. Serial number is 13557XX if that helps narrow down when things changed.

Next step is to hog out the loading port and then practice, practice, and practice some more so I'm ready for this year's matches.

Mine is in the 1,225,xxx range and it didn't fit. Hopefully we can find a pattern to the misfits! I will start polling the customers that buy our specific Stoeger nuts for ser. number ranges, and see what we come up with.

Mine is in the 1,225,xxx range and it didn't fit. Hopefully we can find a pattern to the misfits! I will start polling the customers that buy our specific Stoeger nuts for ser. number ranges, and see what we come up with.

Do your nuts have different threads than the Nordic nut or does it simply take into account the extra 3/16" of an inch at the end of the OEM tube.