Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine fit. SN 1247XXX.

I think the extra length on the stoeger tube may only be a problem depending on how you install the extension. I screwed the nut onto the gun without the tube installed. Then I screwed the tube into the nut until it bottomed out, and backed it off 1/4" turn. The instructions on the tube clamp said not to bottom out the extension tube. I think if you screw the tube into the nut first, and then try and screw the nut onto the gun, the extra length of the factory mag tube will cause you problems. But if you do it in the reverse order, no problems. Thread fit may be another story.

I'm gonna use my stock handle and follower. The entire point of my experiment with this gun is like Pat did. Find an inexpensive gun I can recommend to new shooters that doesn't require $800 in mods to take to their first match.

My Browning A5 is gonna take the spot of my old M2 as the top dog.

Just reading this thread, I am now sure Hell has froze over!

Used frog lube paste on the mag tube after cleaning it. Went heavy but figured it would work as a kind of a dry lube. The machining is pretty rough. Wondered if a nylon collar would work/help

Take some high grit sandpaper (I used 800) and polish it up. It takes a little bit of time to get it real smooth, but it will work.

And I just put break free clp on mine.

Used frog lube paste on the mag tube after cleaning it. Went heavy but figured it would work as a kind of a dry lube. The machining is pretty rough. Wondered if a nylon collar would work/help

Take some high grit sandpaper (I used 800) and polish it up. It takes a little bit of time to get it real smooth, but it will work.

A little sandpaper is what I was thinking too.

A little sandpaper is what I was thinking too.

I smoothed out the inside of the operating rod (I guess that's what it's called) too. Not a lot, but enough so there were no sharp edges or burrs on the inside.

I picked up my M3000 today. 1349xxx is a no go with the Nova nut. I am going to order an MOA nut from Openclassterror tonight. Something interesting that I noticed is that the ID of the stock nut is smaller than the ID of the Nova nut. This confirms what MOA says about it being a thread pitch problem. A big thanks to MOA Precision for making these nuts. :cheers:

The mag spring retainer fairly easy to remove with snap ring pliers.

The loading port width(.900") is nearly identical to my Versamax(.910"). it just needs to be opened up.

1324XXX should be No.

Ryan, glad to see you got your new gun. You planning on opening up the loading port yourself?

Yes sir. I hope to dive into it next week. I may work on the mag tube throat this weekend. But I hope to do the sides of the port next week at work on a milling machine.

Well I shot 100 rounds they my gun tonight. It ran great with the 1145, 1200, & 1300 fps Winchester AA's. I did get it the fail to eject one 1145 fps AA when I was trying to get the hammer to follow by shooting as fast as I can. It wouldn't run my favorite Fiocchi low recoil slugs or the a cheap estate or rio shells. I think they are all too light.

Gun hits about like an M1 but not as smooth cycling . It's noisier with the big recoil spring riding that rough mag tube too.

Gotta tear it back down and cut open my port some more. Can't load it as fast cause I'm not getting the thumb as far into the gun and shells aren't clearing the she'll catch.

The hinged she'll catch is a definite plus over the Benelli. No mods needing and shells slip right by it.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Here is some pics from our install of Taran Tactical's parts. The oversized safety and bolt release were easy installs as stated in Patrick's article. Taran's lifter took some fitting but functions and feels great. Oversized bolt handle had to be turned down just a bit, but doesn't require the scallop that is cut out on the factory handle. We will be posting install videos for all but the bolt handle within the week or so. Last thing to do is open up the loading port and run it hard at the match here in 2 weeks. Will keep everybody updated.

post-47480-0-51016700-1391146378_thumb.j

Here is some pics from our install of Taran Tactical's parts. The oversized safety and bolt release were easy installs as stated in Patrick's article. Taran's lifter took some fitting but functions and feels great. Oversized bolt handle had to be turned down just a bit, but doesn't require the scallop that is cut out on the factory handle. We will be posting install videos for all but the bolt handle within the week or so. Last thing to do is open up the loading port and run it hard at the match here in 2 weeks. Will keep everybody updated.

sorry made me do it in 2 post

post-47480-0-23196500-1391146458_thumb.j