Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the small spring clip still in place? (The little clip that fits in the horizontal groove inside the receiver and engages the groove on the end of the shall catch pin).

That clip should hold the pin in place, assuming the clip is present, not too loose, and the shell catch pin is inserted correctly (it is only grooved on one end)

I've spoken to Tom of MOA about this issue he recommended a small drop of lock tight, or take a punch and staking the bottom of the receiver. Used blue lock tight it still there ;)

Just picked up an M3K today. Minutes ago, in fact. Time to clean.

I'm still waiting for mine to show up. I've got a tracking number and should be able to pick it up from my dealer on Thursday.

Rucker61, did your M3K come with a certificate for a magazine extension? It was rumored, that was going to be one of the items included with the M3K.

What's the best way to keep the shell catch pin from walking out? Taking it apart a few too many times is allowing it to walk out under recoil. Would peening it with a center punch work?

http://imgur.com/hC0zZ8C.jpg

I took the pin out to clean under the shell catch at a major match once and promptly lost the little hairpin clip that retains the pin. As an emergency measure, I used the tip of a flat-blade screwdriver across the hole and gave it a tap with the hammer to peen a little notch on both sides of the opening. I figured on replacing the clip when I got back, but a year and a half later it is still just retained by the screwdriver notches haha. Like the plumber's leaky faucet, my shotguns are always the last to get worked on :)

I took the pin out to clean under the shell catch at a major match once and promptly lost the little hairpin clip that retains the pin. As an emergency measure, I used the tip of a flat-blade screwdriver across the hole and gave it a tap with the hammer to peen a little notch on both sides of the opening. I figured on replacing the clip when I got back, but a year and a half later it is still just retained by the screwdriver notches haha. Like the plumber's leaky faucet, my shotguns are always the last to get worked on :)

This is perfect, thanks.

What's the best way to keep the shell catch pin from walking out? Taking it apart a few too many times is allowing it to walk out under recoil. Would peening it with a center punch work?

http://imgur.com/hC0zZ8C.jpg

I hear ya! :blush:

Mossberg 930 owners should take note of that fix also...

Just picked up an M3K today. Minutes ago, in fact. Time to clean.

I'm still waiting for mine to show up. I've got a tracking number and should be able to pick it up from my dealer on Thursday.

Rucker61, did your M3K come with a certificate for a magazine extension? It was rumored, that was going to be one of the items included with the M3K.

Just picked mine up. Wasn't expecting and did not fine any certificate for a mag extension.

Since Rucker61 put a pic of what I expect everybody was interested in on the previous page I haven't taken any pictures but let me know if you want a close up of something. So far everything looks well packaged and put together. I'm coming from a 930 so slightly different beast so I just broke it down, did a quick wipe down and put it back together. Wanted to play with the shell release mechanism w/ some dummy shells.

Trading some emails with customer service at MOA to help me decide what kick-ezz to get based on my height and then also getting a double headed safety. Hopefully I should hear back soon on that and it will ship shortly.

Also waiting on a carbon arms tube but in the breakdown it was easy enough to spin the tube off with latex gloves on and the butt-stock between the feet. (wasn't expecting to get a shipping notice from Euro Optics so fast-should have researched/ordered these extra parts sooner as I put in my orders a few days after I got the shipping notice on the M3K)

One last thing-took me forever to find out what choke was what. I was looking all over the place for some type of marking. It's a real light stamping and the greese that the tubes are covered in hid the stamping. It wasn't until I wiped one of them down that I could barely see it. A Mod choke was in the gun so I took that out and put the IC in.

ETA: and of course it came with a choke wrench

Edited by muddywings

There are notches in the end of the chokes like a Benelli which also denote choke constriction, so you don't need to remove it. Per the manual,

* = full choke

** = Imp Mod

*** = Mod (included)

**** = Imp Cyl (included)

***** = Cylinder

Turkey choke is extended. (included)

Also waiting on a carbon arms tube but in the breakdown it was easy enough to spin the tube off with latex gloves on and the butt-stock between the feet. (wasn't expecting to get a shipping notice from Euro Optics so fast-should have researched/ordered these extra parts sooner as I put in my orders a few days after I got the shipping notice on the M3K)

I had no certificate either. Mine is back at the LGS getting the 10 round Carbon Arms tube installed; I should have photos tomorrow.

crappy cellphone side profile shot:

8eGRWOz.jpg?1

thats not open a heck of a lot, is it? They've moved the number but almost seemed to have forgotten why they did it?

Been trying to tell you guys............ It's a start, but we end up re-doing everything they did to bring it up to our spec :) The SN side is actually the same depth as ours, but the opposite side is maybe half as deep. The bevel transition in front of the port is half what it should be. The charging handle doesn't spin, and is big enough to catch on everything. And the bolt release button is so big it is easy to bump accidentally during bolt manipulation when the gun is shouldered, giving you a death-jam. It is better than nothing for a guy who doesn't want to work on his shotgun or pay someone else to do it, but it definitely needs improving to run at the highest levels.

And you know something? The Stoeger guns are good looking. They have pleasing lines and proportion, I think I like their looks more then other guns in the game, except maybe the new A5

I know .. I know ... I'll mail in my man card on to the address on the back.

I pulled my new 3000 apart to clean it out & lube it up & the o-ring from the firing pin retaining pin came out in pieces. I have an AR extractor o-ring that looks like it'll fit, but does it go on the shaft of the pin, or in the groove on the head of the pin?

Thanks.

When you say cartridge drop lever, you mean the little silver button along the trigger guard, correct? The button on the outside of the receiver below the ejection port is the bolt release button, and will cause a double feed any time you press it with rounds in the magazine. The only time it is mechanically possible for a double-feed to occur with the little silver button is when the pivoting latch at the end of the shell release is jammed.

Sorry for the stupid question. I was thinking I could have used it to release a round from the tube, the match I went to today had lots of empty chamber closed bolt starts.