Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun 2013 -- October 17-19 at Rockcastle Shootin

Stages 5, 6, 7, 8, & 9 have us "standing at the start position with pistol loaded and holstered".

It does not state magazine inserted and chamber empty on the pistol.

On each of these stages you start with one of the long guns and not the pistol.

My question is: Will we be allowed to just insert a magazine in the pistol without chambering a round?

I'm asking because I would rather have a "STICK" fall out of it's holster instead of a hot pistol for all the obvious reasons. :surprise:

At last years match, Rob Romero was in my squad and he ran the non-pistol start stages without a round in the chamber for the exact reason you are asking. I remember him asking the RO on each of those stages about starting that way. I BELIEVE they agreed he could and it would NOT be a match DQ if his pistol fell out of the holster. It never happened, so I don't know how they would have handled it if the pistol did fall.

I'd ask the RO's at each stage and make sure they know you are carrying a "stick" so they don't stop you for a DQ.

Will do. Thanks! :)

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stages look fun. Never thought I would shoot out of the top of a barn full of drying tobacco plants..... Then another shooter comes along and explained the whole harvesting process, pretty neat!

...or on top of a roof

1381819_10201333193870408_974554742_n.jp

The stages look fun. Never thought I would shoot out of the top of a barn full of drying tobacco plants..... Then another shooter comes along and explained the whole harvesting process, pretty neat!

...or on top of a roof

1381819_10201333193870408_974554742_n.jp

Was getting onto the roof included in the time?

...or on top of a roof

Was getting onto the roof included in the time?

Sure was. This match always has a few ladders to climb, tunnels to crawl through, cars to get out of...all on the clock.

On this particular stage the shotgun and pistol had already been abandoned and the rifle was completely empty (and no mag inserted) and slung as you ascended to the roof.1374856_10201341218951030_1531591252_n.j

1395974_10201341218471018_341701980_n.jp

1376625_10201341219271038_1566152764_n.j

Edited by GunCat

Good match! Cruddy Weather! Awesome Squad!!

Thanks so much to the RO's, Rockcastle, Andy, Obie, and ALL the staff who made this match run! It is so much hard work and I know they have blisters and are exhausted, muddy and wet!

Squad 6 was great! People I've never shot with before and every one of them was "good people."

I look forward to seeing Hope stick to 3-Gun and start burning down the house! She did amazing! :bow:

Squad 6 - you ROCK!!!

Thanks again! Must sleep before we head home and I'm up later than my normal old lady bedtime because I was...wait for it...talking too much! :surprise:

Denise

Edited by Benelli Chick

What a great match. 5th year in a row ROing and shooting irons....I wonder if I am stupid.

Every squad worked, many were a little perplexed by our stage (4), but took it in stride. Met some very nice new folks and got to hang out with old friends.

Thanks to Rockcastle, and all the BRM3G staff.

I am gonna ask my wife about that stupid thing....

Awesome (and very humbling) match, I had a great time!

Thanks so much to Andy, the RO's and all the sponsors.

The conditions were less than favorable for sure, but the RO's were just awesome and got us through like it was nothing. Even with an hour delay for fog on day 2, we finished up the day over an hour ahead of schedule.

I wore a pedometer for the entire match, so for anyone curious why their legs are sore, I put on 28 miles over 3 days just shooting and resetting...who knows how many the ROs put on! (And golf cart miles don't count Brian)

First, a thanks to Andy Horner for putting on a physically challenging match that tested your skills on all three weapons. It would be safe to say that everyone had some sort of humbling moment, I know I had a few. Second, a huge thanks to all the RO's who busted their humps for several days and still maintained a positive attitude. Lastly, squad 17, you rock! I'm glad I got to shoot with some old friends and make new ones. Team Hear Pro it was a blast to shoot with you folks, and Bethany you did awesome shooting irons. I hope to see you all at a match soon. Oh, Mr. Horner, you can count on team POF-USA returning next year so count us in for sponsor support! Train hard and stay safe.

John

If I could only shoot one match, this would be the one! I love the stages, I love the challenges, I love the difficulty, and I love the people. Thanks to everyone for another great Blue Ridge. I just wish I didn't have to wait until next year for this type of match.

I'm another 5 year RO/Shooter at BRM3-G and I believe this was the best one yet. Shooters did great helping paste and set steel and were just a friendly group of people to spend 3 days chasing up and down Cowboy Town :roflol: . The RO's I worked with did a great job and I can't wait to do it again next year! Don't forget to thank all the sponsors for the great support they provided.

What a great time I had at my 5th 3 gun match ever and my first major.

Event though it was a grind I am so happy I RO'd this match.

This industry gives back to the shooters more than any other sport I've been involved in.

And, The shooters are just the best people given such a competitive atmosphere.

Here's a little video of my 3 favorite stages edited down to skip many of the misses. Still 7 minutes long though!

(that was one slippery ladder!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lgj4hqk6pg&feature=share&list=UUNnwU2K9yCdqfBevPkGBbKQ

Edited by ToysRUs

First big 3 gun match I've shot since SOF 1989, that's 24 years.

Boy! did I pick the wrong one to make a come back or what ? :surprise:

NO, actually I loved it and now know what to expect next time. All the hard work that was done putting this match on is greatly appreciated. Lucked out with Squad 11, not knowing anyone there and these folks were great to shoot with!

Thanks to everyone, cant wait to come back for more!