Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA: 2013 FLA State Champs - The Stages!

This is for all you competitive shooters out there who appreciate challenging stage designs. I just got the link for the 2013 FLA State IDPA Champs stages... whoo! There are some doozies in here.

http://www.wyomingantelopeclub.org/index.php/component/docman/doc_download/764-2013-idpa-stages-25-feb-13?Itemid=14

The link downloads the PDF, it's safe....

I guess somebody should inform the MD of the rule change from 2011...He is showing 115,000 PF for SSR,at the chrono and equipment check stage..

IDPA recognizes the difficulty of finding off the shelf factory loaded .38 special ammunition that meets the existing 125,000 power floor for SSR. Because of this difficulty, IDPA has decided to lower the power floor required for SSR to 105,000. The 105,000 power floor will allow more off the shelf brands of ammunition to meet the requirement for the SSR division. This change in power floor should allow IDPA members more opportunity to participate in the SSR division without having to invest in reloading equipment. This change in power floor will become effective on January 17th, 2011.

Yes, and there never was a power floor of 115,000. They went straight from 125,000 to 105,000 to admit Cheapmart Econoball.

Note that a midrange wadcutter, a 148 at 750, f = 111,000 qualifies now. Doesn't speedload too well, but I have shot wadcutters for the first cylinder and roundnose on the reload.

Dan Bernard is a good MD and runs a good match. I wouldn't worry about a typo or two. I'll get sorted out the right way. I've been shooting FL State at WAC since they started, and they do an excellent jpb.

I was on squad 18, but I've been following a couple threads here on match bumps/classifiers and recognized your name from them. A friend from the local club was up their with you at the last Citrus Challenge and got a bump too and is really progressing. Exciting to watch everyone improve thier game. Working on mine too. A little slower for me but getting there. Carolina Cup?

Damian

The match was awesome! I shot Friday and did ok except on stage one (which is the stage I worked all weekend) It was fun seeing all the shooters come through. Our stage was pretty simple and it was interesting to watch how different squads shot it differently. I am missing the Alabama state match because it is the same weekend as area 6 but I am in the Masters and the Carolina Cup :cheers:

Damien, gotcha.... I was fortunate enough to get my 2nd bump in as many matches.... now that Im in Expert class I have a feeling that streak will end. :surprise: ...I sure dont "feel" like a SSP EX :bow: .....I sent my app off for Carolina Cup but doubt I will get in ....Im doin Alabama though.....

Paul, you were great to be RO'd by..... you made me feel calm & at ease while the "book/ draw/ activator" debate was going on...

Here's a link to my runs....

Had a few decent spots..... but a TON to improve upon if I expect to do well now..... :blush:

Edited by fireman489

Afterwards, he said he was trying to keep me from hitting the wall... I knew it(the wall) was there but wanted that angle for the steel....I was surprised when I turned & saw him , but thought.... "someones fix'n to get run'd over !" He moved pretty good for a old guy.....lol

Huge thanks to Dan, Dave, Charles, Larry and their wives for helping to produce another successful IDPA State Championship. Also big thanks to the Wyoming Antelope Club, they are always a big supporter of the action shooting sports at their facility. It was fun to shoot and work the match with them. I only shoot 2 or 3 IDPA matches each year at any level and this one is always the best. I was working and shooting on staff day so I didn't get much footage but here are some of the runs from our squad.

Huge thanks to Dan, Dave, Charles, Larry and their wives for helping to produce another successful IDPA State Championship. Also big thanks to the Wyoming Antelope Club, they are always a big supporter of the action shooting sports at their facility. It was fun to shoot and work the match with them. I only shoot 2 or 3 IDPA matches each year at any level and this one is always the best. I was working and shooting on staff day so I didn't get much footage but here are some of the runs from our squad.

+1

Dan Bernard is a good MD and runs a good match. I wouldn't worry about a typo or two. I'll get sorted out the right way. I've been shooting FL State at WAC since they started, and they do an excellent jpb.

Dan Bernard in general is a stand-up guy. I took his "Intro to Action Shooters" class at Wyoming Antelope Club and he was a very good instructor with loads of patience. It's nice of him and the other instructors to give up a saturday each month to help us rookie shooters assimilate into the action shooting world.