Vibra Prime is back!

KentG

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Always found it funny that guys with 3k plus 2011's, 2k 1050's (sometimes two), a grand in mags, pricey rudy sunglasses, techwear jerseys, electronic earmuffs, as well as all the other fancy trimmings make comments on how pricey the pal or dillon filler for that matter is and allude that those who buy them got ripped off.

To each his, or her own I guess...

I too am the lucky owner of both. I use my RF-100 for small primers and reserve the VP for large. I seem to be lucky in that my RF-100 doesn't have the rheostat yet doesn't flip primers either. I may get 1 or at most 2 per thousand that are flipped. I have it sitting on an old mouse pad which seems to help greatly. I also have an in-line dimmer switch that can be used to turn it down if necessary but I haven't used it for over a year.

All that said, I'll buy the new VP in a New York Second once it becomes available. I prefer the RF-100 but I want a back-up for my original VP unit.

Edited by XD Niner

...The Dillon tubes worked fine, but when filled with 100 primers were filled right to the top! almost to the point of spilling over...

I noticed the same thing when using my old Dillon tubes with a homemade filler made from a Lee hand primer tray. The new Dillon tubes I have are longer and don't have this problem.

it may not be a race , But everything competes for our time.

Jaime has turned into a philosopher. And he does make a good point. Compare timed saved versus dollars spent. For some the Dillon makes more sense. To others, the Vibraprime is the way to go. Then for us retired folks, we have lots of time (and a spouse that fills my primer tubes).

Bill

Cool! Does she have a sister? :bow:

I've seen the dillon machine in action, and it does work well.

Personally, I kind of look at the reloading process as a relaxing - me time - event and don't really mind stoking tubes with a flip tray...plus I am genetically coded to be a cheap bastard. So, the VP looks interesting and I may spring for one when it goes on sale for half off! :roflol: YMMV.

See, I'm on the opposite side. I don't mind reloading and when I retire I'm sure it will fill some time with gunshit (gotta be better than Oprah) but if I have the choice, I want it over as quickly and painlessly as possible.

It is just a problem with the website guys. It does exist and should be available some time arround March. Once it is fixed on Midways site set a Notify me on it and you will get an email when it is in stock. The midway part# for it will be #890424

Thanks for clarifying that!

I figured they pulled it off the website because either:

1) there is an international conspiracy involving the infamous Primer Tube Loading Device Cartel and they sent Moose and Rocko over to strong arm Frankford Arsenal into pulling it, or

2) There is no point in selling a primer tube loading device when primers are like hen’s teeth on the open market!

:D

Bill, Yep - I totally understand and have been there when I was shooting thousands each month. I’d rather shoot than reload, but right now I can’t shoot as much as I like so I enjoy the next best thing…tinkering with the hardware and reloading. I figure after I retire I’ll be more into the “let's load a boat load of ammo” mode since I will then have time to actually shoot a boat load each month!

FYI we just got a shipment of Tula primers the Limit is a case of 5K each I think. I use them for some firearms with great results some wiht light springs not so much. Just a heads up.

Also my theory is the don't want you loading those High Capacity Primer Magazine Tubes for the Automatic Military Style Reloading Presses you use.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't bother unless you load small pistol exclusively. I ordered one as soon as it became available and it loads Federal SPP just fine but has not actually been able to load a single Federal LPP. The device has problems with LPP because they are flat and wide, just can't shake them past the flip tray. Tried to open up the hole a bit, but it just made it much worse as now they just get jammed sideways.

Luckily 90% of my round count is spp but I would buy knowing that it might not be perfect out of the box.