Vibra Prime is back!

KentG

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just ordered two Dillon RF-100s, is the Vibra Prime as good or better?

The VP is manual, you have to fill tubes with it by hand, it just helps get the primers in the tubes quicker than pecking at a primer tray. The RF- 100 is automatic. Dump the primers in, go back to loading ammo. When you need more primers you just dump the tube from the RF- 100 into your loader reload it and turn it on to fill the tube again. While you are loading ammo it is filling the tube, its actually faster than a Vibra Prime.

Kinda curious why you ordered 2 RF- 100s? Converting one from large to small (or small to large) only takes 5 minutes or less...

The Vibra Prime is not better. You have to take the time to sit down and load a bunch of of tubes with it, like pecking at a primer tray only better. It is lots cheaper than the RF, but the RF- 100 does the job automatically. You won't be disappointed.

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

I just ordered two Dillon RF-100s, is the Vibra Prime as good or better?

The VP is manual, you have to fill tubes with it by hand, it just helps get the primers in the tubes quicker than pecking at a primer tray. The RF- 100 is automatic. Dump the primers in, go back to loading ammo. When you need more primers you just dump the tube from the RF- 100 into your loader reload it and turn it on to fill the tube again. While you are loading ammo it is filling the tube, its actually faster than a Vibra Prime.

Kinda curious why you ordered 2 RF- 100s? Converting one from large to small (or small to large) only takes 5 minutes or less...

The Vibra Prime is not better. You have to take the time to sit down and load a bunch of of tubes with it, like pecking at a primer tray only better. It is lots cheaper than the RF, but the RF- 100 does the job automatically. You won't be disappointed.

jj

Gotta disagree. The VibraPrime is better. Easy and fast. Doesnt take up reloading bench space by being bolted down which is a biggie for me and maybe others. Plus for what it costs with a conversion to do large and small I can take the left over and buy about 10,000 primers.

I love my blue stuff but this is a easy pick for me.

Edited by Kent Grewe

Disagree all you want. Fact still remains that the VP user has to spend time to load tubes, and the RF user does not. The rest is fluff if time is what is important to you.

I agree to disagree! Id bet the vibraprime outsells the overpriced RF at a rate that makes Frankford Arsenal blush. IF you prefer the Dillon Im happy that your happy but the almost $300 diff is money in my pocket or in more supplies. I can load 10 tubes in about 10-12 minutes. Like I said I love Dillon stuff and blue is the only color in my reloading stuff but this is an easy choice for me. My first one lasted for close to 10 years. I still like the fact I dont have to mount it to the bench and tie up space.

With the RF-100 I can load my primers in the time it takes to dump the box into the top of the machine. While it is loading the tube I can load 40 or 50 rounds. With it and the Mr Bullet Feeder I can load about 1200 .40's in an hour. Time is money to me and the RF creates time. I would rather spend my extra spare time shooting airsoft or dry fire than loading tubes. YMMV

Gotta disagree. The VibraPrime is better. Easy and fast. Doesnt take up reloading bench space by being bolted down which is a biggie for me and maybe others.

That statement shows that you don't know what your are talking about. You don't bolt the dillon unit down it just sits there on 4 rubber feet. Don't want it on the bench, put it on the floor or screw a small shelf to the wall, not that big of a deal.

Having never seen one you don't understand how easy the RF is, you dump a box of primers onto the top and press a button once. At that point you continue loading, about 50 rounds into that 100 the machine shuts off.

The VP and homemade units are a good value but certainly not better than a good running RF-100. If you have one that isn't working right you would disagree but sleep well knowing I would still give you two VP's for it...pm if interested.

Loading ammo isnt a race anyway. You dont have to go as fast as possible.

I've got the pal filler. I'm really liking it. I havent handled a vibra prime but I might pick one up just because. I really like the pal one due to the fact that it feels solid. Kinda like when we had toys made out of metal that didn't break compared to the shitty chinese junk toys these days.

heck, I'd give you 3 VP for your "worthless" RF! but I will defer to JMorris and his offer... :roflol:

and you "conveniently" left out the cost of primer tubes, over $100 for 10 large and 10 small. :goof:

kinda cuts into your money for components...

I have used both, and the RF-100 wins, hands down. When you see a RF running, you will know what I mean.

JMHO!

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

I wasn't trying to be an a$$ but people compairing things they have only used one of are how we get threads claiming a Lee pro 1000 is better than a Dillon 1050.

I know its not a race but "fast and easy" was the quote. Its not a race to get to work but most people drive instead of walk...

Gotta disagree. The VibraPrime is better. Easy and fast. Doesnt take up reloading bench space by being bolted down which is a biggie for me and maybe others.

That statement shows that you don't know what your are talking about. You don't bolt the dillon unit down it just sits there on 4 rubber feet. Don't want it on the bench, put it on the floor or screw a small shelf to the wall, not that big of a deal.

Having never seen one you don't understand how easy the RF is, you dump a box of primers onto the top and press a button once. At that point you continue loading, about 50 rounds into that 100 the machine shuts off.

The VP and homemade units are a good value but certainly not better than a good running RF-100. If you have one that isn't working right you would disagree but sleep well knowing I would still give you two VP's for it...pm if interested.

Didnt know it did not require mounting but it still has a footprint that takes up space. Glad you like your RF but I will take the $300 and save the money. I never bought a RF and wont. Personal choice.

heck, I'd give you 3 VP for your "worthless" RF! but I will defer to JMorris and his offer... :roflol:

and you "conveniently" left out the cost of primer tubes, over $100 for 10 large and 10 small. :goof:

kinda cuts into your money for components...

I have used both, and the RF-100 wins, hands down. When you see a RF running, you will know what I mean.

JMHO!

jj

I use the existing Dillon pickup tubes I had. Plus the ones that came with it. Funny how passionate guys can get about a primer. Too bad we all cant get this excited over our gun rights. Im off to the state capital for the rally.

I had a RF100 and no matter what I did I would get about 3 per 100 flipped primers and would have to pull them apart. I just went back to

filling up 10 pickup tubes before I started loading. I liked the RF and would use it again if I coud keep the primers from flipping. It was the new unit

with the adjustible speed. I would spend more time pulling loaded rounds than it would take to fill primers tubs.

it may not be a race , But everything competes for our time.

Jaime has turned into a philosopher. And he does make a good point. Compare timed saved versus dollars spent. For some the Dillon makes more sense. To others, the Vibraprime is the way to go. Then for us retired folks, we have lots of time (and a spouse that fills my primer tubes).

Bill

it may not be a race , But everything competes for our time.

Jaime has turned into a philosopher. And he does make a good point. Compare timed saved versus dollars spent. For some the Dillon makes more sense. To others, the Vibraprime is the way to go. Then for us retired folks, we have lots of time (and a spouse that fills my primer tubes).

Bill

Cool! Does she have a sister? :bow:

I've seen the dillon machine in action, and it does work well.

Personally, I kind of look at the reloading process as a relaxing - me time - event and don't really mind stoking tubes with a flip tray...plus I am genetically coded to be a cheap bastard. So, the VP looks interesting and I may spring for one when it goes on sale for half off! :roflol: YMMV.

There is room for both machines.

I know this as I have both on my bench.

The RF 100 has been about 99.something% effective at correct orientation of the primers for me - so far. I think it averages 1 upside down every ~3-4 hundred primers... The VP, as it is visually checked prior to dropping the primers in the tubes, is just about perfect.

I have 2 vibra primes, 1 RF 100 and had the Pal.

My vote goes to the vibra prime. My RF with rheostat would flip 1-2 out 300-400 rounds.

The vibra prime and pal reduces that to 0. I had to check all of my loaded rounds with the RF and that was a pain in the butt.

I can load 10 tubes in about 6-7 minutes, which is much faster than either checking the loaded rounds or watching each and every primer as the RF cycles away.

If I knew for certain that the RF was 100%, then it would be the primary.

I have 2 vibra primes, 1 RF 100 and had the Pal.

My vote goes to the vibra prime. My RF with rheostat would flip 1-2 out 300-400 rounds.

The vibra prime and pal reduces that to 0. I had to check all of my loaded rounds with the RF and that was a pain in the butt.

I can load 10 tubes in about 6-7 minutes, which is much faster than either checking the loaded rounds or watching each and every primer as the RF cycles away.

If I knew for certain that the RF was 100%, then it would be the primary.

Never had the vibraprime, I have the pal. What made you go with vibraprime over the pal? Price?

It looks like the tray is a little bigger then the one on the old vibra prime but I do know the pal will take a federal primer box.