Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vibra Prime is back!

KentG

I wouldn't bother unless you load small pistol exclusively. I ordered one as soon as it became available and it loads Federal SPP just fine but has not actually been able to load a single Federal LPP. The device has problems with LPP because they are flat and wide, just can't shake them past the flip tray. Tried to open up the hole a bit, but it just made it much worse as now they just get jammed sideways.

Luckily 90% of my round count is spp but I would buy knowing that it might not be perfect out of the box.

Guess I shouldn't have used mine to load 500 Federal LPP last night in just a few minutes.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had problems with LPP and my vibra prime, specifically Remengton wouldn't fit through it at all, I used a round file to fix that, then I tried Winchester and discovered they worked even worse. A little more work with the round file, and chamfering the primer pickup tubes because I stopped using the bayonette ended tube that came with the vibra prime.

Next I tried CCI LPP and found they work amazingly well. All said and done I've run about 5K primers through my Vibra Prime now and I'm very happy with it's performance after giving it some love.

~45-60 seconds per tube including time to dump the primers, shake them right side up and put the tube into my storage bin.

• 1 year later...

So I can remove the aluminum tube from the black adapter and just insert one of my Dillons - am I reading that correct? Just don't want to crack anything as it seems glued on there. Not at home yet but will check soon.

So I can remove the aluminum tube from the black adapter and just insert one of my Dillons - am I reading that correct? Just don't want to crack anything as it seems glued on there. Not at home yet but will check soon.

No, I do not use the adapter. I just hold the end of the Dillon tube up against the hole in the VP and load away.

You can either remove the existing tube from the black plastic adapter, or call FA and ask for nicely for one and see what happens. I have 12 additional tubes that I use with the black plastic adapter.