Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

In light of regulation, will matches still be held?

Just wondering what/if there is a "Plan B" if some form of regulation/ban is put in place before the 2013 match season. I have three applications in hand, ready to go and am a bit reluctant at this point. To the match directors, what are your thoughts? I realize this is a wait and see game.

Thanks

Just wondering what/if there is a "Plan B" if some form of regulation/ban is put in place before the 2013 match season. I have three applications in hand, ready to go and am a bit reluctant at this point. To the match directors, what are your thoughts? I realize this is a wait and see game.

Thanks

If you're talking about any of the wildly popular outlaw multi-gun matches that are damn near impossible to get in, I'd hold off on sending those apps in. You never know what might happen. :devil:

• 2 weeks later...

Write letters to those in power, contribute to lobby groups that support the freedoms you enjoy. Send in your applications to support the matches you want to attend. Don't just worry and stockpile, take proactive measures to insure your freedom and the freedom of your children. Do you want to be a citizen or a subject?

I think all the uncertainty is going to effect match enrollment. Some people holding money til later to see what is going to happen, ammo prices making it harder to practice and prep for matches. But I think as uncertainty resolves itself, for good or bad, things will settle down.

Moving full steam ahead here. My thoughts are, sign up for matches. Worst case scenario, gun ownership banned, you get your money back.

If that happened, getting my money back would be the lowest concern on my list.

If the unthinkable happens, the main thing it will affect is recruiting new shooters. Even so, the proposed ban texts Ive seen dont ban all semi-autos and people are shooting 3-gun just fine with ban compliant guns in places like California. Might be a bit of a pain for new shooters if they can't get hold of anything larger than 10 round magazines, but if some of us bring a couple of extra mags that new shooters in the squad can borrow for the match, it shouldnt be much of a problem either.

Like mentioned above, ammo prices and unavailability is most likely going to be the biggest problem both for new and old shooters this coming year, no matter what happens with the politics...

Moving full steam ahead here. My thoughts are, sign up for matches. Worst case scenario, gun ownership banned, you get your money back.

If that happened, getting my money back would be the lowest concern on my list.

I'm with you. But I was basing that thought on the OP saying he had the apps ready to go but was unsure. The least an MD could do would be to return his money if some type of legislation prevented him from shooting Right?

I have already not sent some apps in because of the cost of ammo. 30 cents a rifle round was tough, but doable. $1.50 like it is right here is not. Luckily, most of the local places are doing Pistol, shotgun, 22 rifle matches. Makes it way cheaper to shoot, and still pretty damn entertaining.

Like some others have said, I have cut my 3 Gun plans back due to rifle ammo costs. The local matches have .22 classes so I can shoot them without issue. Also, the fact that shotgun ammo availability and price has not really changed, I am going to shoot the Tactical/Practical Shotgun matches. Hopefully, by the fall things will be clearer and have calmed down and I can feed the rifle and shoot some 3 Gun.

Limited 10-10-5 3gun! I am buying more pouches.

Also, you should be limited to a Mini14, 870, and sig p220.

Tac .22 rifle matches are a lot of fun. And cheap.

I love this idea! Or even .22 3gun. .22 AR, conversion on your pistol, and a shotgun. That how I do most of my practice now.

I wish someone would put on some of those ruger rimfire matches in KY...

Edited by ClutchUSMC