Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Nationals in Tulsa, OK

Schedule 40

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice meeting you today, Scott. You and the rest of the crew on stage 16 run a tight ship,

Match running well so far. I am reassured by the effort made by the staff to make it work. Hoping to see more vendors tomorrow.

I am not at the match but have been following the results on USPSA. There seems to be a bunch of errors in the shooters Classification listing in the results. Hopefully they know this and will fix it before the final results are posted. But I wanted to give you guys a heads up just in case it is being overlooked.

It will be interesting to see the equipment survey for this match. There are a lot of CZ's here this week. I don't think they will outnumber the Glocks, but they could be a close second.

What if you only count the guns in the top 10 or 15 overall? lol

In Tulsa you pretty much have your pick of food depending on how far you want to drive from your hotel, although everything in tulsa is accessible within 15-20 minutes. McNellies downtown is awesome and has 100+ different types of beer on tap and the food is great too.

Remember Oktoberfest is in town that weekend on the west side of riverparks. I would suggest you park somewhere and take a shuttle down to the event. http://tulsaoktoberfest.org/

In owasso you have: el tequila (very good) on 86th st N. El fogon (very good) on 116th st N and garnett across from atwoods, trails end bbq on garnett between 86th and 96th and Andolinis pizza and italian (very good pizza) on 96th across from wal-mart and los cabos (very good) off of 96th st n next to cracker barrel.

On the main strip in owasso, 96th st N, you have your pick of various chain foods and restrnts, wal-mart, shopping, etc...the movies in owasso are on 86th st N across from el tequila.

The only bar in owasso, where we always go after our local matches is on 76th st N & they have some pretty good and cheap food as well.

Tried Andolini's and Trails End. Honestly, I'm no judge of pizza or 'cue, but I enjoyed both meals. Trails End - corrugated tin walls, ads for home insurance and the local personal injury lawyer on the tables, pictures of Johnny Cash and the Duke on the walls, GrandMa calling you "Dearie" as she takes the order, and sides and dessert in styrofoam cups. Andolini's with a wall dedicated to (the owners?) service in Viet Nam. I liked both: place, people and food.

eta: also hit Oktoberfest Friday afternoon. Too cold and wet and too early for beer. Bet it will be jumping Saturday night.

Edited by kevin c

I can vouch for Trails, too. I had their Brisket, which had perfect cook and smoke, and just the right amount of fat. Fun little place that doesn't look like much on the way in, but you will be happy on the way out.

Had a meeting with John Scoutten today, producer of ShootingUSA. During the Saturday afternoon match, I will be flying my little hexcopter again shooting aerial video for their show on the Nationals. Do not be alarmed when you see a UFO-looking thing flying up and down the range (up high so as not to be a distraction), and no it's not the Feds spying on any of you :devil: ...or is it?

If you see it, wave - you could be on national TV!

It looks like you shot a lot better today, definatly looked like you did with the steel. How did things feel to you?

Thats cool, see if you are in the credits for the show. Lol

Edited by a matt

In Tulsa you pretty much have your pick of food depending on how far you want to drive from your hotel, although everything in tulsa is accessible within 15-20 minutes. McNellies downtown is awesome and has 100+ different types of beer on tap and the food is great too.

Remember Oktoberfest is in town that weekend on the west side of riverparks. I would suggest you park somewhere and take a shuttle down to the event. http://tulsaoktoberfest.org/

In owasso you have: el tequila (very good) on 86th st N. El fogon (very good) on 116th st N and garnett across from atwoods, trails end bbq on garnett between 86th and 96th and Andolinis pizza and italian (very good pizza) on 96th across from wal-mart and los cabos (very good) off of 96th st n next to cracker barrel.

On the main strip in owasso, 96th st N, you have your pick of various chain foods and restrnts, wal-mart, shopping, etc...the movies in owasso are on 86th st N across from el tequila.

The only bar in owasso, where we always go after our local matches is on 76th st N & they have some pretty good and cheap food as well.

Tried Andolini's and Trails End. Honestly, I'm no judge of pizza or 'cue, but I enjoyed both meals. Trails End - corrugated tin walls, ads for home insurance and the local personal injury lawyer on the tables, pictures of Johnny Cash and the Duke on the walls, GrandMa calling you "Dearie" as she takes the order, and sides and dessert in styrofoam cups. Andolini's with a wall dedicated to (the owners?) service in Viet Nam. I liked both: place, people and food.

eta: also hit Oktoberfest Friday afternoon. Too cold and wet and too early for beer. Bet it will be jumping Saturday night.

Glad you tried them out...we went to andolinis afterwards today. Just finished up before the cold and rain hit.

With the coHow did it come out?
unfortunately for me my prediction that chrono may an issue for some came true. 123.4 is just a bit short.

What powder? I chrono'd the same here as I did at A3 when it was 90 degrees.

unfortunately for me my prediction that chrono may an issue for some came true. 123.4 is just a bit short.
Factory 115gr PMC

Out of a M&P 9L

I had same concern with ammo so I loaded a little extra and ended up with 155. Winchester white box was not making Pf in my full size M&p.

Factory 115gr PMC

Out of a M&P 9L

Glad you tried them out...we went to andolinis afterwards today. Just finished up before the cold and rain hit.

I think I saw you guys going in just as my wife and I left. You worked the match, right? Thanks for that and the suggestions for eats. See you tonite at awards.