Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Nationals in Tulsa, OK

Schedule 40

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For something fun to do while in Tulsa for the match.

http://tulsaoktoberfest.org/ its always a good time and one of if not the biggest oktoberfest celebrations in the U.S. Lots of different beers, games, rides, gifts, & of course german food, oh and chicken dancing!!! and just in case you missed it they have a wide variety of beers on tap in big ass mugs, used to have pitchers of beer but gone to 36oz i think, mugs...beer is pricey though...I always have a good time :-)

Edited by Prov1x

I really like what Phil did this year with all the different nationals. There might be a lesson to be learned about having them so close together.

You are very polite...

Match shirts with the silhouette of a gun not used. The latest FS with hardly a word about the premier match for the Division except an incorrect match date. Website with "TBD" all over it for months, and barely a month before the first shots are to be fired. It seems the staff is really concentrating on the immediate task, the BtoB nats, and attention to the Production Nats just has to wait. With limited resources, understandable, but still frustrating for those of us going to Tulsa.

is it too late for a refund? I have this feeling this match is just going to be thrown together at the last minute.. Im thinking I might have more fun at a better planned out match.

who would we contact if we can get a refund?

I guess we (USPSA) should move towards a World Shoot/Europeans model, Sunday to Sunday, 30 stages, all Divisions in one place. A lot 'easier' to staff and manage, vendors and sponsor can 'concentrate' resources. Drawback is that not many ranges/cities can support that model .. Just an idea (from previous experience)

Everyone is complaining complaining complaining....i'm sure they are working on our match as well as the back to back nationals. I know the range is getting ready for it and things are being built and props checked. I highly doubt phil and crew are just going to throw something together last minute.

If you wanna help I'm sure they will accept your volunteer hours graciously. Just a thought...

Edited by Prov1x

I think the big issue for some competitors is that the schedule for September and October is packed too tightly. Obviously the focus is on the back to back Nationals which begin very soon and once that match is over then I suspect that there will be more information forthcoming about the Production Nationals.

The issue for some competitors is that they have the Back-to-back Nationals, the US-IPSC Nationals and the Production Nationals in a very short period of time so there may be little opportunity for them to make arrangements for ammo-shipments etc. as they may be away from home at US-IPSC when the Production Nationals info becomes available.

Some competitors prefer to book at the match hotel as USPSA is usually able to secure a reduction in costs for group booking etc. but that match hotel is not listed at this time.

I suspect that the USPSA staff is being run ragged at the moment, and the root cause of that problem is the schedule of these National championships.

I suspect you're correct. I understand its very taxing to put one of these matches on let alone so many of them in such a short period of time. But we as the competitors didn't set the schedule. I hope it lives up to national standards. I talked to an RO this weekend that hasn't heard much of anything either. I don't want to sou d like I'm complaining but it did have a $250.00 entry fee attached to it.

The issue for some competitors is that they have the Back-to-back Nationals, the US-IPSC Nationals and the Production Nationals in a very short period of time so there may be little opportunity for them to make arrangements for ammo-shipments etc. as they may be away from home at US-IPSC when the Production Nationals info becomes available.

As one of those that's flying to Florida for the IPSC Nationals, then flying from Florida to Tulsa for USPSA... match hotel and squadding would be nice, but where to ship my ammo is the big one. I'm sure it will all come out in time but I hate that rushed feeling.

Deanna told me there will not be a match hotel. Given how many other details are confirmed for this match, who knows if thats accurate.

The issue for me is not knowing when we are required to sign in. I cant show up in Tulsa at 8am and wait around. I cant be in Tulsa before 4pm, so if registration does not go past that time, then I need to withdraw if they wont allow someone to register for me. Not having details this close to the match, before the refund penalty goes up is unacceptable in my opinion. Especially for a Nationals event.

shooting is thursday, friday and saturday...depending on how you squad can determine when you arrive.

but either way i wouldnt take the chance of not getting here wednesday afternoon. thats cutting it too close to try and get here thursday morning.

awards will be late saturday afternoon/evening so again depending on you, if you want to stay for awards or head out of town.

Choice hotels has a 30% off special going on. Best Western is also having a special. Both were under or at $70/night after tax. Cant really beat that.

Deanna told me via email there wouldnt be a match hotel, but they would post a list to the website. Who knows if that could change or not.

I also called USPSA yesterday, Production packets are aupposed to be in the mail by end of the week.

Y'all need to stop asking for Prod Nationals information as all match details will be disseminated on the first day of shooting.

Be very, very careful, the mods and the USPSA-power are watching you. Do not ever question USPSA management. :)

Kind of frustrating. I sent an email to dianna the other day with no response.

Steve

i did as well... no response....

I would simply like my 240 bucks back and they can kept the 10 and give my slot to someone else. I don't blame anyone. I think they are just trying to do too much in too short of a time frame. But less than a month out not knowing exactly what the schedule is, what the round count is, or anything else for that matter is is a huge failure and simply unacceptable for a match requiring this kind of coin.

I know what the refund policy is but I feel that is null and void at this point with the inaction of uspsa and the match officials.