Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Nationals in Tulsa, OK

Schedule 40

Is it officially written in stone, yet? When you go to the "Find Matches" page on USPSA's website, they only have dates and locations for Single Stack and Revolver. The same for the actual USPSA Nationals website; still no mention of the other 4 divisions. From what I've been hearing, it's Lim-L10-Open in St. George and Prod in Tulsa. Has anything changed, or should we start making plans for these locations.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it officially written in stone, yet? When you go to the "Find Matches" page on USPSA's website, they only have dates and locations for Single Stack and Revolver. The same for the actual USPSA Nationals website; still no mention of the other 4 divisions. From what I've been hearing, it's Lim-L10-Open in St. George and Prod in Tulsa. Has anything changed, or should we start making plans for these locations.

Should be, location for production nationals was announced at the 2012 production nationals awards banquet, same for Open nationals in St. George, not sure on limited or limited 10.

MDA

Just waiting on contracts to be signed from my understanding. USPSA has gotten into trouble before announcing dates and venue before the contracts are signed. Really don't want to end up with a repeat of past history.

Got to be difficult to manage the expectations of several hundred folks wanting to come to the match while also trying to negotiate a business deal. Thanks for the update.

I shot a match and had lunch with Phil a week ago.

He is still in negotiation with USSA (Tulsa) but things look good.

The crux is whether USSA has the equipment, props, and gear to pull off the match that he envisions.

USSA is also selling off a chunk of the range, so they have to make sure they have enough space.

He has a backup plan, so Prod Nats will happen.

I'm really pulling for Tulsa. USSA is practically my home range.

Thanks, Flex.

I was starting to feel like I accidentally ran a lawn-mower over a nest full of ground hornets. It was certainly an interesting conversation that was taking place, but my question was answered after the first few replies. Politics, finances, match management aside...... this sport is all still somewhat new to me, and I'm just happy to be a part of it. I plan on attending the Production Nationals regardless of where they take place, and I'm sure that all of those involved will do their best to make sure that the event will be held at a location within the best interests of our organization.

• 1 month later...

Since it is a stand alone match I would think that the slots will be pretty hard to obtain. You can always win your class in production at a different major match and get your slot that way. Or do what I will do and get on the waiting list as soon as it's available. Hopefully I can get in by winning my class but we''ll see.

You would have had to win your class at an area match LaST year to get an invite to the years nationals.

Even more, there had to have been at least 5 people in your class when you won it.

Anybody who won (for example) 1st M at A3 last year doesn't get a slot, because there were only 4 Ms in that division.

Bleh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

if you want to stay closer to the range, quite, plenty of places to eat, Owasso is your best bet. Or more activities in downtown Tulsa...lots of bars, food, entertainment etc all within walking distance of the right hotel. I live in Owasso.