Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XD/XDM in SSP

GMB

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Alex. Limiting SSP to DA/SA will kill the division and flood ESP. Both divisions are pretty balanced right now. How many people will really get out their 92F or their S&W 5900 series?

Beretta 92, CZ75, GP K100 (what I shoot), EAA Witness, 226... There are a lot of guns in the DA/SA category, but indeed the Glock and M&P crowd represent the large bulk the SSP category. Limiting the category to the DA/SA pistols only would slightly improve their popularity, but there is a big cultural difference. I respect the Glock and I love shooting a 17, but I can't imagine myself shooting one in competition. Reversely I don't see shooters dumping their Glock to stay in SSP. Off to ESP they'd go.

well as long as we're dreaming....I want to load my damn mag to the limit it was made for....not some imposed limit of 10 rds.......

The 10-round limit is so that the sport can be exported to States and Countries with the limit, from what I understand. I already play Production in USPSA, swapping magazines is part of the fun in my mind.

If I was TT for a day.

Put all minor power striker fired guns in ESP and allow minor powered revolvers (5,6,7&8 rounders) to play there also.

XD stays in ESP along with M&P and Glocks allowing all existing ESP mods.

DA is defined (for IDPA purposes) as the hammer or striker being cocked more than .25" by the first pull of the trigger.

SSP is a double action class and should be where the Sigs, Berettas, and S&W DA/DAO pistols as well as minor powered revolvers play.

Since Im not Tiger team. It will stay as is. Except CDP will drop the .45 requirement I predict.

This, plus,

Striker fired guns belong in ESP and DA/SA and the like should be SSP. I would also like to see a real BUG

catagory, not the after the match 5 round limit sub match they now have. There should be a scoring advanatge

for .357/.40/.45 over the 9mm . If IDPA is really serious about guns most people really carry , this would become

a seperate division.

Edited by Trader

I don't know about Glock, but S&W list their M&P as a striker fired double action.

they are lying.

Hey dude you still ride that KTM 300? I remember you were pretty darn good on that thing.

Sorry, thread hijack.

Shooting from a motorcycle? Is that a new division in Cowboy Action? I'm in!

DNH

If I was TT for a day.

Put all minor power striker fired guns in ESP and allow minor powered revolvers (5,6,7&8 rounders) to play there also.

DA is defined (for IDPA purposes) as the hammer or striker being cocked more than .25" by the first pull of the trigger.

SSP is a double action class and should be where the Sigs, Berettas, and S&W DA/DAO pistols as well as minor powered revolvers play.

Since Im not Tiger team. It will stay as is. Except CDP will drop the .45 requirement I predict.

This, plus,

Striker fired guns belong in ESP and DA/SA and the like should be SSP. I would also like to see a real BUG

catagory, not the after the match 5 round limit sub match they now have. There should be a scoring advanatge

for .357/.40/.45 over the 9mm . If IDPA is really serious about guns most people really carry , this would become

a seperate division.

Why? What about a stock Glock 17, a pretty popular IDPA gun, makes sense to put it in ESP?

I don't like a DA/SA gun, but quite a few of the best shooters in USPSA are all shooting them. Maybe they aren't a disadvantage at all.

If I was TT for a day.

This, plus,

a seperate division.

Why not just wear your fishing vest to a USPSA match and you can have just what you want.

Or the obvious fix that seldom gets brought up. Put stock guns with no magwell in SSP (STOCK service pistol) and guns with mods in ESP.

I just hope I don't have to go buy a new gun to be able to shoot SSP.

Cool! So I could take the magwell off my 9mm Trojan and shoot it in SSP? That would be awesome, and I'd have no reason to keep my Glock 34 around.

I would do away with both divisions. Arbitrary division based on a trigger action is ignorant. Look at the times ands scores. Not really any separation between SSP and ESP times. In fact many people are shooitng the same guns.

IDPA is supposed to be about defensive pistols and carry guns but they created a rule set that makes carry guns non competittive, yah yah yah dirty harry wannabees carry a 50oz strato blaster, dont wanna hear it most of us are carrying smaller and lighter, just look at the gun sales.

If I was supreme overlord of IDPA.

Service pistol, (current ESP rules, )

Compact pistol, (Esp rules, but lighter weight limit, along the lines of an alloy commander or 4" glock, say 30 oz, and a 1 inch block is placed on the end of the box making it an inch shorter.

Sub compact pistol, (ESP but a 1 inch block on the end and bottom of the box and a lighter weight limit.)

1911 45ACP 8 round division, just call it what it is.

I would like to see Modern Striker Fired pistols (Glock, M&P, XD) in their own division while TDA pistols have their own division as well.

How is this design modern? Have you looked at the design of the K100 trigger group?

The type of action should not determine a division in my mind.

In one case you have regular pull on all shots including the first one and the other a longer pull on the first shot but much lighter pull on all subsequent shots (and in some cases less or no reset).

Caliber and power factor, that is something else.

• Minor service pistol
  • Major service pistol

Because the score is time added, the power factor does not change your score, except where a wider caliber allows you to barely score a 0 where a 9mm round would have been clear off the perforation

Edited by NicVerAZ

Recently shot a state match in ESP Master,1st time shooting ESP Ma since 2005,and ended up 6th out of 8 ESP masters..That would have put me as 3rd place SSP master if shooting SSP..Other than sights,a stock Glock 34..and it didn't help shooting against Gordan C and Brian S..lol..

I just don't see to many true DA/SA guns around the 4 states i shoot at..

I think glocks, M&P's and XD's belong in the same division. We'll see what tiger teams have to say about it. Hopefully soon.

Agreed, but I think it should either be ESP or something other than SSP. I think it's time to give SSP back to the Sigs, H&Ks, Berettas, etc.