Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheap PMAG deal!

TommyD

Wow great deal, thanks for the heads up.

That'd get you started in 3g, but also suggest at least one 20 for prone work, and get another 30 for a Nortic extension.

One never knows which way the wind will blow, so I'd suggest stocking up as much as possible. In hard times these would make great trade/quick cash items.

Tar

Edited by Sleepswithdogs

One never knows which way the wind will blow, so I'd suggest stocking up as much as possible. In hard times these would make great trade/quick cash items.

True...let me sleep on that and likely make another huge order tomorrow :eatdrink:

Personal preference Top.

We had the windows overseas and I never looked at 'em save for making sure they were fully loaded before rolling out.

Another nice thing about the windows is if you use different types of ammo. You can't see the bullet but you can see the casing. steel cased vs brass.

I go with the non-window for when I buy 'em, little cheaper than windows, so about dozen or so of the non I can afford to buy another over the windowed.

Which version is best for non competition use. Any advantage/disadvantage between windowed and non?

They both work fine. I like the windowed versions so I can see how many rounds are left in a mag after the stage is over or right before a stage to make sure their all loaded.

Building up my AR for 3 gun...and look what I found!

10.30 for windowless, 12.66 for windowed! 8 bucks for shipping? Yes please!

http://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=mgmpi

I ordered 3 mags..this should be enough for 3 gun matches correct?

Enjoy!

Wow, great price on the pmags!

I stuck with my Nordic +18s at the match this weekend, it's nice having that big buffer on ammo. I do need some 20s for low profile shooting, but when it's a close course 48 rounds eases the mind.

Ill let you all know for sure if this is legit when I get them. They shipped within 18 hours, so far so good.

I'll need to pick up some 20's and probably a few more 30's base on yall's input

At this point, I'm not a happy camper. Got an e-mail from Lanbo late last night stating "Your order has been upgraded to USPS Priority Mail for faster delivery at no additional charge."

If I wanted it shipped USPS I would have selected USPS instead of Fed-Ex. My lazy a$$ mail carrier will not deliver anything bigger than a matchbox or a standard size letter. I'm currently fighting with the Postal Service on a package where the carrier left a tag indicating I need to pick it up at the Post Office. The Post Office says the package was delivered to my address.

I'm only 20 miles from Lanbo's Armory but will give it a few days to see if I get a delivery or not. Will keep the forum updated. Time for a little blood pressure medicine.

Bill

Update: The Postal Service delivered my order in a timely manner today. Received 10 30rd black, 4 30 rd foliage and 2 20rd black in good order. (Met the mailman at the mailbox just to be safe.)

Edited by Flatland Shooter

I'm only 20 miles from Lanbo's Armory but will give it a few days to see if I get a delivery or not. Will keep the forum updated. Time for a little blood pressure medicine.

Bill

Gah that blows!

I on the other hand, had a good experience. PMAGS and MBUS are legit. Fast and cheap shipping. Will be ordering some 20's momentarily.

I was just searching for PMAG threads. Are these the standard in competition? Or are most shooters using steel mags with enhancements?

Many people use Pmags in competition. Most metal AR mags are made of aluminum (HK mags and some C products mags being 2 known exceptions). Brownell's aluminum mags have ran good for me (as have Colts, OK and D&H), and I still carry a couple in my range bag to matches, but I have been using Pmags in the mouse gun since '08 without problems. When Pmags are loaded to 30 rounds, they seat easier under a closed bolt than Mil spec aluminum mags.

Hurley