Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cigar & Pipe...merged thread

3quartertime

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I just have to ask because a catalog just came in the mail, has anybody tried the house brand Thompson premiums?  I know a $2.50 cigar that's worth smoking is too good to be true, but I'll ask anyway.

My gf got me a Humidor from Thompson for my b-day. It came with 5 bundles (x25) of Thompson cigars.

They don't stand up to the cigars that came from JR's (that I posted about earlier). In fact, an Uppman that I grabbed from a local shop doesn't compare either.

TL, I see what you mean about the "shop specials". At least from Thompson. Those JR's that I posted are well above that.

• 2 years later...
Flex,

Are you working Summer Blast ?

If so I'll bring you one my favorites from JR's.

Bruce

Sadly, no.

I am about due to put an order in with JR's though. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

------------

BTW... I got some cigars in the mail from a shop in that neck of the woods. They were addressed to Mr. Flex Money. I have no clue of who they came from. Anybody??? They were great !!!

I donated a humidor with cigars at the Kentucky State Multi-gun match for the prize table. I believe it was well received by the shooters, so this is my suggestion if your looking for vendors to tap for a match.

By the way BACCARAT PANETELA is my choice if you like a mild cigar at a reasonable price

$41 for box of 25

I donated a humidor with cigars at the Kentucky State Multi-gun match for the prize table. I believe it was well received by the shooters, so this is my suggestion if your looking for vendors to tap for a match.

By the way BACCARAT PANETELA is my choice if you like a mild cigar at a reasonable price

$41 for box of 25

Haven't smoked any of those,have to give them a try one of these times.

Ashton Cabinet no.7 (6.25 x 52) is a particular favorite, and a Romeo Y Julieta anniversario Robusto is a great everyday smoke.

Hany

www.northtexastactical.com

Flex,

Bruce

Sadly, no.

I am about due to put an order in with JR's though. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

------------

BTW... I got some cigars in the mail from a shop in that neck of the woods. They were addressed to Mr. Flex Money. I have no clue of who they came from. Anybody??? They were great !!!

http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?page=ite...p;itemcode=BCHT

This are my favorite for an inexpensive mild-medium cigar. I also enjoy the 200's.

Bruce

Flex,

Bruce

Sadly, no.

------------

http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?page=ite...p;itemcode=BCHT

This are my favorite for an inexpensive mild-medium cigar. I also enjoy the 200's.

Bruce

Cool, I'll have to try some of those.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello: Nobody smokes a pipe anymore? I was just looking for some advice on pipe tobacco brands you guys like. Thanks, Eric

I usually break out the pipe when I'm out backpacking and /or camping. The smell of cigars tend to make me a tad queasy despite my 25 yr. Marlboro habit. :rolleyes:

A simple bag of Captain Black works wonders for me, and I find it very relaxing to go through a bowl or two sitting around the fire with family and friends. Occasionally I will make a visit to the local tobacconist and grab a few ounces of something more aromatic, but I always go back to the first tobacco I smoked, as I enjoy it and it's widely available.

• 1 month later...
Hello: I am looking for advice on a good humidor that will hold about 100-150 cigars or so. Any help is greatly appreciated. My current favorite cigar is a A Fuente Chateau maduro. Thanks, Eric

Eric,

Try http://www.famous-smoke.com/

I use to really be into cigars big time and this websites prices and selection is hard to beat. Good selection of humidors too. You and old Flex need to try a CAO Anniversary Maduro. :cheers:

Paul

• 2 months later...

I've been smoking some Romeo y Julieta reserve Madaro's for a while now. I smoke about a cigar every two weeks so 20 goes a long ways.

Picked up a Rocky Patel edge madaro tonight. Big ring size made it very smooth. It's a committment to smoke - but a very nice cigar IMO.

I'd recommend.

J