Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cigar & Pipe...merged thread

3quartertime

With all due respect :P What in the HELL does someone from Spokane, WA even "suspect" about Good Mexican food??? HEEEYAAAAA! :D

Uhhh...Merlin....

That somebody might have lived in Guadalajara for a while. I also used to work in PHX/Scottsdale a lot. I would never accuse anyone in Spokane of making "Mexican food." p

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect  :P What in the HELL does someone from Spokane, WA even "suspect" about Good Mexican food??? HEEEYAAAAA!  :D

Uhhh...Merlin....

That somebody might have lived in Guadalajara for a while. I also used to work in PHX/Scottsdale a lot. I would never accuse anyone in Spokane of making "Mexican food." p

Duly noted... I guess I can allow that good Mexican food MIGHT be cooked somewhere besides TEXAS! :P;)

With all due respect :P What in the HELL does someone from Spokane, WA even "suspect" about Good Mexican food??? HEEEYAAAAA! :D

Y'all better come visit the NW before you start pickin on it......nah better yet, stay where yur at. :lol:

Good Mexican food can be had in the Northwest...you just have to know where to find it and then eat there fast because the idiot gringos that think ketchup is too spicy will refuse to patronize the establishment and it will go under.

With all due respect  :P What in the HELL does someone from Spokane, WA even "suspect" about Good Mexican food??? HEEEYAAAAA!  :D

Y'all better come visit the NW before you start pickin on it......nah better yet, stay where yur at. :lol:

Ya'll come on down and be my guest at my home for a week or two. I'll show you around some local Tex Mex places and give you something to compare Mexican food with. :D Green chile carnitas with a cheese enchilada, all the trimmings and a bucket of Pacifico. MMMMmmmmmm!

• 1 month later...

Just worked my way thru a really nice bootleg Cuban.

Strong stick with a great taste and zero afterburn... small ring size for my taste, but good trade-off for the effect.

Interesting how a good cigar can set your mood.

Wish I had another!!!

Ok, got the bug!!!

Just ordered from JR's.

Recent specials.

JR ULTIMATE UL60 CABINET NO. 60

7.00 x 54 1 E $79.95 $79.95

JR ULTIMATE ULH HABANITO (E)

4.50 x 35 1 E $5.00 $5.00

Looked like a good deal.

Can't wait to fire one up!!!

Did that cuban put you on another planet?? It makes you hungry for more :)

Just got in some El Reys Choix supremes and Partaga Series D (cuban)....they are resting quietly for awhile. Got my eye on those new Cohiba Ciglo VI or II's, the ones in the robusto 50 ring gauge area.

Just puffed some GL Pease Odyessy, very nice and surprising. Cornel and Diehls Missippi Mud and Autumn Evening are just what I needed after today. The aromatics just arent my cup as a cigar smoker, but pipe tobacco is so varied and cheap as a daily smoke to see you through to the weekend cubans. B)

My wife was going thru our closet last night looking for something and come across a box of cigars I bought when our second son was born 12 years ago...I figured, what the hell, I will try one to see if there any good, LMAO, It wasn't, I dont recommend anyone else try that.

:D:D

DOH! Yah, my brother bought me a bunch of JR thompsons at a charity auction. Tasted like wrapped dirt. :o

Ooooh, got some partaga shorts, churchills from every house in cuba and 10 cohiba robustos comin' from my outta country pal. :ph34r:

Letting these suckers age is going to kill me, but the Area 1 cigar fest will be worth it.

• 2 months later...

Just wondering what cigars are you guys smoking? I was having a relaxing smoke and I thought I would pop this question here and see what results came in... if any :)

I like them mild so Macanudo's Portofino is my mainstay. It also has the highest BC of any smoke available -IMO :D

Partaga Series D #4

Hoyo de monteray 2003 limitados

Montecristo #4

H. Upmann Robusto

Vegas Robaina

Smoked some Ramone Allones and Cohiba robustos at Area 1...yummy.

I have a real partiality to the Cohiba Churchills (Cuban of course), but at a match you cannot beat the JR Alternatives. I get the Ashton Churchills for a little less than $2.00 a stick and they are a great mild smoke without too much of the nicotine jangle to ruin your shooting.

JR really rules.

I'm a pipe smoker, and pipe carver. My tobacco's of choice are Escudo, Peterson's University Flake, Dunhill Light Flake, MacBaren Navy Flake, and there are many others that I enjoy on an occasional basis.

I think I might have more pipes than guns! I better buy some more guns.

Joel

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered from JR's:

Ship Via: .......... UPS 2nd Day Air

Items Ordered:

Item Code: ......... HOCPR

Item: .............. HONDURAN FACTORY COROJOS Style: ............. PRESIDENTE Size: .............. 7.50 x 52

Unit Price: ........ $49.95

Quantity Ordered: .. 1

Total Per Item: .... $49.95

-------------------------------------------------

Total Purchase: .... $49.95

Shipping: .......... $7.00

Sales Tax: ......... $0.00

-------------------------------------------------

Total Invoice: ..... $56.95

I can't believe these are $1 cigars. They certainly compare to $5+ cigars.

Very nice.

These 7.50 x 52's are big...all day suckers.