Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

reloading bench (where to buy)

benjamin

http://www.globalindustrial.com/t/work-benches

This place has a truckload of different types of work benches and might be worth a look if only to get ideas about what you want or what options are available. These are real popular for industrial work and often can be had surplus for a fraction of the cost of new. I got a used butcherblock maple top bench for about 30 bucks at a surplus warehouse sale, so keep your eyes open for used ones, too.

Yes, that's it and goes together easy. But you have to supply the wood for it. If you know what size your gonna get, you can get home depot to cut up the legs and braces for you. Then I used a 4x8 plywood for the top. I also glued and screwed another higher quality 4x8 piece on top of that for the overlap needed for the dillon reloader. I also didn't add the middle bottom shelf that you see in picture, to allow for supplies and leg room.

Edited by sdm74

Yes, that's it and goes together easy. But you have to supply the wood for it. If you know what size your gonna get, you can get home depot to cut up the legs and braces for you. Then I used a 4x8 plywood for the top. I also glued and screwed another higher quality 4x8 piece on top of that for the overlap needed for the dillon reloader. I also didn't add the middle bottom shelf that you see in picture, to allow for supplies and leg room.

I was able to build a nice/solid bench using the 2x4 basics kit too. I used two 3/4" thick 3'x8' sheets for the top (MBF on the bottom and Oak on the top) and one 3/4" sheet for each of the two lower shelves. I went overkill on the aesthetics. It is in my house, so I treated it like a piece of furniture.

I just bought a bench from menards(semi local lowes type store.) It is all precut lumber you just have to assemble and stain it. Seems really easy. The bench is huge. 6'* 30" I think. Im going to put it together tonight. It was only $65, saves alot of headache. I might put another solid board on top though as it comes with 4 separate 2*6 for the top.

I just bought a bench from menards(semi local lowes type store.) It is all precut lumber you just have to assemble and stain it. Seems really easy. The bench is huge. 6'* 30" I think. Im going to put it together tonight. It was only $65, saves alot of headache. I might put another solid board on top though as it comes with 4 separate 2*6 for the top.

I'm using the same bench from menards works well and is heavy duty enough have 2 650's, a 550 and a Rock Chucker mounted on mine very sturdy. Will eventually put a solid top on it.

Also thought about this bench may just get one to add alongside the menards bench.

http://www.harborfreight.com/60-inch-workbench-93454.html

That's a great workbench but I found it a little narrow and

tall. So it was a little tippy and put the casefeeder pretty close to

my low ceiling for me. If you anchored it to the wall and made

a bottom shelf loaded with lead it would probably be good, but

I ended up making a small, shorter stout bench out of 2 by 4's with a

loaded up bottom shelf. YMMV and again it's a great deal for

the price for a workbench.

These look pretty stout - and the price is right !!

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/ultra-heavy-duty-workbench/prod1490086.ip

I've got the Sam's Club model listed above. To solve the tippiness when loading, I made a "headboard" from a 2x6 sitting firmly along the back edge of the table and anchored this to the wall. Zero tippiness now. On this "headboard" I mounted a long outlet strip. Didn't need to anchor the table itself to the wall. I have a 550 with strong mounts and it's near the perfect height for standing to reload. Sam's also carries 2 types of rollable/lockable storage cabinets that fit conveniently under the table. Highly recommended setup.

John

I picked up a Stack-On bench but didn't pay the "reloading bench" premium and got an extra drawer for my trouble.

Good enough for now and it will do other duty in the future. I set up my RockChucker on the end vs the front to use the width of the bench for stability and it has worked well but I'm not full-length resizing rifle cases at this point.

Sometimes shopping at the BORG pays off. $199 regular price.