Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SUREFIRE TEXAS MULTIGUN CHAMPIONSHIP

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man, I wish I would have known this two weeks ago when I got all my stuff ready. Looks like I'll be gaming my firearm selection a lot more now. Haha. Also, I don't know if any of you out there are getting excited but I'm pretty excited right now! Cannot wait to get to take my first shots of my first big competition, on my first shooting trip during the first vacation I've taken to Texas! Lots of firsts for me, hopefully they're all good, I just have to remember to slather on the ol' SPF albino whole I'm down there.

Welcome to Texas. You'll have a great time, and make some awesome memories. Only way to mess it up is getting in too big a hurry and getting DQed. That would really suck, especially given the journey your making. Might be worth reviewing the safety section in the match book PDF Sheldon was kind enough to post for us. Be safe & have fun! :)

Edited by phm14

3 Gun is a run what you Brung,,,,, Sport,,,,

Yeah but it's nice to bring the right stuff. It's one thing if you can run home and get it. It's another if you're flying across country.

Don't feel bad. Most of the ROs were surprised with the use of the flashlights too. It was pretty fun shoot!

Jason

Wonder what the range looks like, a lot of rain in Texas last night. It should clear up and should be windy today, so that should help.

Prayers for those in West, TX, will be driving right by there later today.

Don't feel bad. Most of the ROs were surprised with the use of the flashlights too. It was pretty fun shoot!

Jason

Yup. I ended up dropping the light flipped-on flare-style on one stage since there were 9 rounds (WW2/Nam) from an unloaded start. It's a Surefire, it can take it.

The shots aren't tough, so its not that big a deal... probably less than the ribbing you'd get for having a rail on a WW2 pistol. ;)

Thanks to Sheldon for a great match!

Thanks to Surefire, AP Customs , DSG and all the other sponsors of this match.

Thanks to Alden, Kurt and Frank for heling us Alaska guys out with three gun carts and the wagon. Texas hospitality is tops.

Thanks to all my squad mates for making it a great time to shoot together. You guys are great.

Thanks to Chimo Guns and Birchwood Shooting range for buying us nice shirts to wear so everyone could spot the Alaska crowd other than by our sun burns.

Had a blast. Going to see the sights the next day then back to Alaska.

Managed to get 8th place this year out of 42 shooters in Open. Never expected that. Was just hoping for a middle of the pack finish. Had a great time.

Also thanks to JP for making a great upper and Swarovski for making great glass. I was able to hit all the targets out to 470 yards on stage 8. Got Chcken and did not try for the bonus. Again this was a great match see you guys next year.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

Thanks to Sheldon for a great match!

Thanks to Surefire, AP Customs , DSG and all the other sponsors of this match.

Thanks to Alden, Kurt and Frank for heling us Alaska guys out with three gun carts and the wagon. Texas hospitality is tops.

Thanks to all my squad mates for making it a great time to shoot together. You guys are great.

Thanks to Chimo Guns and Birchwood Shooting range for buying us nice shirts to wear so everyone could spot the Alaska crowd other than by our sun burns.

Had a blast. Going to see the sights the next day then back to Alaska.

Managed to get 8th place this year out of 42 shooters in Open. Never expected that. Was just hoping for a middle of the pack finish. Had a great time.

Also thanks to JP for making a great upper and Swarovski for making great glass. I was able to hit all the targets out to 470 yards on stage 8. Got Chcken and did not try for the bonus. Again this was a great match see you guys next year.

Pat

Y'all are welcome. And let me know if you want to use my wagon next year.

Hope y'all made it back home safely!

Would like to see a little less running just to run, or something set up along the way to shoot. There was very little shotgun. Would like to see more to balance out the 3 guns. Great match as always.

I shot more shotgun that pistol (it seems like). Really depends on how you choose to shoot it.

Having enough buckshot and knowing where it hits comes in handy too.

Sheldon, really enjoyed the match. Learning something new each year. My shotgun and 00 buck worked perfect for those long shots on the plate rack and steel on stage #1. Thanks to all the RO's for their help, kept everything running smooth. Great bunch of sponsors.

Being able to pick up the ammo at the match from Rudy and all the great people at Freedom Munitions worked for myself and my son. With all the ammo problems it was nice to have a company charge a fair price for a very scarce commodity and come though as promised.

Thanks again, Gerrit and Nick

Had a great time in Texas again!! The people on the range and off were great. The options added to the challenge of my stage planning and was fun. Thanks to everyone on Squad 17.

Jim M.

PS.

Jamie I think that koolaid is starting to get to me!

I don't know for sure as this was the first Texas Multi Gun event that I just shot and not worked BUT !

I think this match was 5 times as interesting to shoot than past events. I found this match to be a shooting challenge to do well - over a challenge of just "not to fail"

I came up with 545 yards of movement on the clock. <_< movement = Running. I could have cut a total of 1.32 seconds off my match time by not getting my knees so high when I ran. :o Thats what my sprinting coach told me any way. He said the cloth in my pants slowed me down 4.43 seconds total match time.

So I may have to figure out how to sew belt loops into my old running shorts. :blink:

over 40 years ago I could run the 440 -untrained- in 58 seconds

All that said

I think the stage plans were very good. The match staff ran like clock work = doing what some thought could not be done. most of the Range officers have worked every TMG event .

If I had a wish list it would include some vision breaks on the target view = barrels maybe some hard cover / no-shoot shotgun targets to cause the shooter to move during engagement. Less running with out something to shoot at. = I counted 320 non shooting yards.

I really liked the choice thing, more than I thought I would at first. It added a whole new level of stress, deciding what to do. I also like the running between stages! Adding a degree of athleticism and then forcing a long distance shot or tougher pistol shot also was very welcomed. Even stage 12 (which looked overly basic at first) was a BLAST to shoot, and saw some seasoned shooters still struggle on it.