Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SUREFIRE TEXAS MULTIGUN CHAMPIONSHIP

I do not believe the scoring application currently provides a way to post the stage scores... I think that is a feature add that is being considered based upon feedback.

Please add my feedback. I'll vote in favor of adding that feature.

:-)

Tommy

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They added individual "stage points" to "your scores" shooter number track near the end of the second day.

The ONLY thing missing IMHO is a stage by stage leaderboard. This would be just as relevant as tracking individual places and leaderboards as the match develops. If you burn down a stage or take the stage win, it is nice to keep up with who has and hasn't shot it yet, and how others did in reference to your position.

The numbers are already being calculated for stage points, so I don't see why this would be a difficult addition.

They added individual "stage points" to "your scores" shooter number track near the end of the second day.

The ONLY thing missing IMHO is a stage by stage leaderboard. This would be just as relevant as tracking individual places and leaderboards as the match develops. If you burn down a stage or take the stage win, it is nice to keep up with who has and hasn't shot it yet, and how others did in reference to your position.

The numbers are already being calculated for stage points, so I don't see why this would be a difficult addition.

After watching Dave sit and write complex SQL statements to pull things out of the database and put them in the front end I will not say if anything is easy or difficult at this point. He is looking into it though.

Unfortunately seeing stage winning times are the only way I will be able to see how I did since all my scores seem to have been deleted from the program. Geez, you'd think I did something dumb like get myself DQ'd.

Any chance at finding out what the stage winning times on Stage 10 and 11 were in Tac Optic?

Unfortunately seeing stage winning times are the only way I will be able to see how I did since all my scores seem to have been deleted from the program. Geez, you'd think I did something dumb like get myself DQ'd.

Any chance at finding out what the stage winning times on Stage 10 and 11 were in Tac Optic?

<_< planing the stage before you shoot, and figuring out how your plan went is really -Basic Math- = Will this be the best % way to solve the problem for my best plan on the stage ? We look at risks to save time on a stage

After the match if you know how the winner shot the stage you can see if its in his plan -Or did you get out matched by speed and skill.? * <_< *

You have your score for the stage and your % on the stage multiply the difference in your % to 100% by your time on the stage. = that is how much faster the shooter that got 100% on the stage was than you time

Example ( my time on stage #1 was 48.78 and I was an even 82% on it ) - ( so the fastest time was 18% faster than my time ) - multiply 18% X 48.78 and you get 8.78 seconds ) the stage winner was >approximately< 8.78 seconds faster making that shooters time very close to 40 seconds.

I say >approximately< and close to because its reverse math and only gets us to a few 0.0% points of being exact. but close enough.

Its not that hard to figure out close in your head with -Old School - math like on stage #2 my time was 40.57 seconds my % was 84.87% = round up or down to the nearest # I was close to 15% -(10% would have been 4 seconds of 40.57)- _( so another 5% is about 2 sec.) = thats a bit more than 6 seconds off the winning time) the calculator put it at 6.13 off for a winning time of 36.seconds on stage #2

Edited by AlamoShooter

A number of gun-related items were left on stage six at the 2013 SureFire/STI Texas State MultiGun Championships.

If you're missing something from the match, contact me via email and describe what it is that you lost and any identifying marks on the item(s) and I will get it/them returned to you.

-Chet

cpolo@austin.rr.com

• 2 weeks later...

I shot in Tac Iron (Limited). No problem with stages except the high ports on Stage 3 and targets faded away into the berms/landscape on Stage 8. The ROs and hospitality of the staff were outstanding. Thank you to everyone who made this match possible.

Roger the target fade on stage 8! I shot WWII. I found 2 of the 3 targets at (approximately) 200 yard targets on stage 8 utterly impossible to see. There was pretty good contrast on all the others, but not at 200.

Tommy

• 4 months later...

Anybody remember the competitor at this year's Best of the West Surefire Multigun who was a double amputee? Young guy, sat in a wheelchair until it was his turn and then did work on prosthetic legs from the knee down? Had a custom Glock with a lovely silver/bronze nickel boron type slide finish. I asked him at the time what finish it was, but can't remember now! Couldn't have been too many dudes like him there, though...anybody know him?