Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Single Stack Nationals

sperman

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

slight thread drift...

Since Illinois is a non-CCW state, if some of the folks here are going to shoot both SS and revo nat's, that means bringing at least two guns with you. A lot of guys bring a back up gun, so that will be 4 guns. From a logistics/security perspective, how do you keep 1 to 4 guns from getting stolen (since you can't CCW one or two of them)?

If there is such a fear of getting even one gun stolen...for lack of CCW...perhaps we should canx all matches in the State of Illinois? Along with Cowboy, Steel Challenge, IDPA...

slight thread drift...

Since Illinois is a non-CCW state, if some of the folks here are going to shoot both SS and revo nat's, that means bringing at least two guns with you. A lot of guys bring a back up gun, so that will be 4 guns. From a logistics/security perspective, how do you keep 1 to 4 guns from getting stolen (since you can't CCW one or two of them)?

If there is such a fear of getting even one gun stolen...for lack of CCW...perhaps we should canx all matches in the State of Illinois? Along with Cowboy, Steel Challenge, IDPA...

Layin' it on there a little thick, dontchya think, Flex?

I'm just asking what some folks "TTP" is when it comes to safeguarding their guns that they can't physically carry on their person.

Those folks can alway PM too, if they don't feel like broadcasting it out on the open forum.

Same as I do here, it goes in the range bag into the hotel with me, or locked in the trunk at the range. If I go out to eat they stay locked in the trunk, just like here after a match.

There have been plenty of times I have left a range with 3-4 custom limited and single stack locked in my trunk and stopped with friends for dinner afterwards.

People that advertise all the gun stickers etc on there cars are a likely target.

slight thread drift...

Also, I have always been curious about the scheduling of this match at basically the start of the shooting season for a lot of people. Why not in September or October so people get a full shooting season in to improve?

You can only cram so many matches into September and October. I like having majors spread out throughout the year, of course down here, the season never really ends.

My understanding USPSA made a commitment to USPSA to hold a National match at PASA for a given number of years. SSS was concerned about their ability to continue the SSS match, it seemed like a perfect fit; USPSA would take over the logistics and running of the match to include it as a National championship and honoring the commitment to PASA.

There is a movement within some USPSA GMs to hold separate Nationals. Some GMs would like to participate in each Division. As to the strength of this movement is unknown to me.

Putting Revolver and SS seems like a good next step. A next step does not have to be the only step.

Kudos to our President for taking the initiative to implement change.

• 5 weeks later...

I think Phil is doing a wonderful thing by splitting up the National matches. How cool would it be to have one shooter win all the disciplines in one year? I don't think it can be done, but it would be interesting to see the who the top aggregate shooter of all divisions might be. There should be an award for that accomplishment.

• 4 weeks later...

Received my slot today.

The slot has a sticker covering the original type stating "Match dates are incorrect! Should be May 8-11"

The date on the letter that came with the slot says "the match dates are May 8-11, not the 7-10"

shooting day choices are: All day Thursday, All day Friday or All day Saturday.

Have the dates of the match been changed from the original posting?

When is the revolver match?

Slots have evidenlty been sent out and are being accepted until Dec. 31st, 2012. Entry forms for the Single Stack and the Revolver match are on the 1911ssc.org website and are being accepted to be place on the wait list which will start on Jan 1st. 2013.

Did 2012 class winners not get offered a slot for 2013?

I think this comes up every year. No, you don't get a slot for winning your class.

Yep, and the entry forms are consistent with that, too: http://1911ssc.org/r...egistration.htm

Assuming this is accurate, this is great news for everybody--the Revo Nationals has been added without any negative impact (real or perceived) being inflicted on the existing SS Nationals!

That is great news for everyone involved. I guess they were able to work out the schedule conflict with the range. :cheers:

Edited by sperman