Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Single Stack Nationals

sperman

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the latest BOD minutes:

o Single Stack Nationals will remain at PASA Park, May 8-10 (Wednesday-Friday) 2013, with a dedicated Revolver Nationals the day after the event (Saturday, May 11th).

Looks like I might shoot a little Revo next year.

I dont like this change. Being able to shoot on Saturday meant 1 vacation day from work. Now its going to take 2. Maybe I won't be able to shoot Nats next year

I'm with you. Might be the 1st one I miss in 4 years. :(

why can't we have it back to back ? and in one location?

just asking...

That's exactly what they are doing. SS shoots Wed-Fri, then Revo on Saturday. Great for the Revo guys who also shoot a bit of SS. But for guys who don't play in the Revo game much and have limited vacation time, its a bummer.

PASA wouldn't let them have the range on Sunday, due to some other conflict. You would think they would be a little more accommodating, as much money as USPSA has pumped into that range over the years.

We all know the SS fills up and has a waiting list every year. That won't be a problem.

Great opportunity to shoot two national championships in one trip to Barry!

I really like the concept. It does suck that the way things worked out this year they don't get to shoot on Sunday (for the Revo). Such is life.

That said...at least we know well in advance the details of the Nationals matches. Plan ahead now, and get some time/vacation stored up. Heck, if you can't make it...I might bust out my Single-Stack and take your spot!

I realize the proper place to direct this is an email to my AD or to the folks running the SSC, but would it not make sense to allow the SS and Revolver Nats to run simultaneously? I.e., a shooter could run the match Friday in one division and Saturday in another division. This would allow those who have slots and limited travel time to still run their primary division on Saturday, and would allow those with lots of travel time to shoot wed/thurs or thurs/fri.

I realize the proper place to direct this is an email to my AD or to the folks running the SSC, but would it not make sense to allow the SS and Revolver Nats to run simultaneously? I.e., a shooter could run the match Friday in one division and Saturday in another division. This would allow those who have slots and limited travel time to still run their primary division on Saturday, and would allow those with lots of travel time to shoot wed/thurs or thurs/fri.

What is wrong with simultaneously?

Having the match mid week sucks and makes it much harder to work into the schedule.

I like the new approach to advanced notice.

You can't have people shooting the same exact stages with two different guns and call it two separate national championship matches. Tons of precedent on this issues. At the back-to-back matches, they have always changed the stages (at least a little) between the matches.

Plus it would defeat the purpose of having separate and distinct dedicated national championship matches for the different divisions.

You can't have people shooting the same exact stages with two different guns and call it two separate national championship matches. Tons of precedent on this issues. At the back-to-back matches, they have always changed the stages (at least a little) between the matches.

Plus it would defeat the purpose of having separate and distinct dedicated national championship matches for the different divisions.

No offense intended (just curious,) but how is a "Ltd/Prod/Revolver and Open/Limited Nationals" so much different than having a combined Rev/SS Nationals?

No offense intended (just curious,) but how is a "Ltd/Prod/Revolver and Open/Limited Nationals" so much different than having a combined Rev/SS Nationals?

because the competitors are not shooting different divisions in the same match...ie a shooter is not shooting Ltd one day and Prod the next.

I'm gonna have to think long and hard about this one. I only get a certain amount of vacation days and the way this is setup I would lose two for one match. It is nationals though so I might just have to suck it up. Still I think you'll lose some shooters.

I'm gonna have to think long and hard about this one. I only get a certain amount of vacation days and the way this is setup I would lose two for one match. It is nationals though so I might just have to suck it up. Still I think you'll lose some shooters.

SSG wouldn't be the same without you. Besides, you're due to sit in the winner's circle this year or next.

since revo is joining the existing SS nationals - wouldnt it make sense to have the revo shooters go first?

I don't think many who have practiced for the SS Nats would want to try a Division with so much difference in technique before the Nationals.

So participation would be minimal and it would seriously mess up the preps for the SS Nats.

Idealy it would have been a Sunday, but PASA, according to reports, had other commitments and wouldn't let that happen this year.

since revo is joining the existing SS nationals - wouldnt it make sense to have the revo shooters go first?

I don't think many who have practiced for the SS Nats would want to try a Division with so much difference in technique before the Nationals.

So participation would be minimal and it would seriously mess up the preps for the SS Nats.

Idealy it would have been a Sunday, but PASA, according to reports, had other commitments and wouldn't let that happen this year.

When has PASA ever let us shoot on Sunday?

So the smallest division gets the better day (Sat) and a match that always sells out makes people burn an extra vacation day....not too smart. Being able to burn only one day of vacation is one of the primary reasons I started making the SS Nats.

When has PASA ever let us shoot on Sunday?

At least some years, Sunday was reserved as a make-up rain date for the SSC, in case the weather got too crazy to shoot on Friday and/or Saturday.

Of course, it rains every year. Can't remember if the rain date has ever actually been used....

So the smallest division gets the better day (Sat) and a match that always sells out makes people burn an extra vacation day....not too smart. Being able to burn only one day of vacation is one of the primary reasons I started making the SS Nats.

It's a one-time scheduling glitch.

The people who are serious about shooting the Single Stack Nationals will show up and shoot the Single Stack Nationals on whatever date it happens to be.

Edited by Carmoney