2013 Single Stack Nationals

sperman

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the answer I got back

Jake,

The information for the match hotel along with all the other hotels are listed on the 1911ssc.org. All you have to do is look. We never post the squads prior to the match, only last year because we used self squadding, which turned into a mess. If you are unhappy with the way we run the 1911 match, we would be more than happy to refund your money.

Richard Heinie

Match Director=

Edited by JakeMartens

I'm not sure why self squadding doesn't work. Send in your entry form, get your PIN emailed to you, sign up for whatever squad on whatever days are available.

I'm sure I'm missing something...

From what I thought I remember reading or Kathy telling me on the phone.. Last year people who got a Thursday/Friday slot were squadding themselves in a Saturday Squad and it caused a big mess.

I'm not sure why self squadding doesn't work. Send in your entry form, get your PIN emailed to you, sign up for whatever squad on whatever days are available.

I'm sure I'm missing something...

From what I thought I remember reading or Kathy telling me on the phone.. Last year people who got a Thursday/Friday slot were squadding themselves in a Saturday Squad and it caused a big mess.

that doesn't sound that hard to overcome. Only allow people to squad themselves on the days they signed up for.

Sure, if the system is set up to do that, but if not, thats a lot of manual intervention and checking. Maybe its easier for them to do it manually.

I dont know.. but I do know it would be the easiest of people could just squad themselves where they belong on the honor system.

I'll venture in this once (then I'll disappear again). I have worked the match and I have done the squadding for 17 years (although not this year). The self squadding does not work well for multi day matches where the shooter shoots the match in one day (it works well for multi-day where you shoot all of those days). We had people who would look at the self squadding page, see spots left on Saturday (that were committed to others who just had not taken the time to chose their squad) and then they would try to take a day they were to be registered for . The only way to police this was to look at the site every day and go over every name (there is/was the option to lock a squad once it was full. RGKeller is mis-remembering, I have never posted squad lists with the exception of the self-squadding time and one other time late in the registration process I posted a list of registered shooters with squads listed, which precipitated a couple of dozen emails with very late requests to change squads -- a nightmare to attempt (think of dominoes falling). Then there are the cancelations and trying to contact people on the waiting list, who then want a few days to check on arrangements, or want to take three friends with them, not possible with one cancellation. For the person tasked with squadding, it is a daunting task, a thankless task. DWFan, it would be nice if the self-squadding page worked with the uniqueness of the Single Stack Match, but it does not. Please remember that these are volunteers who are doing this work. Try and be polite, try to follow the proper order (don't call the USPSA President for information that is already posted somewhere, etc). Most of us are trying to be helpful, cooperate and help where and when we can. Don't try and bully your way into the match, or for a squad change (strangely enough it is usually the same people year after year who do this). This is supposed to be fun. After 17 years, it stopped being fun.

DWFan, it would be nice if the self-squadding page worked with the uniqueness of the Single Stack Match, but it does not.

Yep, it would be nice. That's a bummer it doesnt.

Please remember that these are volunteers who are doing this work. Try and be polite, try to follow the proper order (don't call the USPSA President for information that is already posted somewhere, etc). Most of us are trying to be helpful, cooperate and help where and when we can. Don't try and bully your way into the match, or for a squad change (strangely enough it is usually the same people year after year who do this). This is supposed to be fun. After 17 years, it stopped being fun.

Kathy has been nothing short of Awesome. I appreciate all her help, emails and even phone calls to let us know we got in the match.

I thought the whole purpose of the Self Squadding was to let the competitor choose their dates, first come first served. Having Competitors choose a day on the entry form and then going with Self Squadding just doesn't seem to compute. Especially with the match now using Slots, I'd think going with Self Squadding and eliminating the choosing of days on the entry form as an option would work. Doing both would seem to just add work for no good end. And the Match Staff have enough to do as it is.

Edited by pskys2

That is the only way that self squadding works, first come first serve on days

I have used it for the Indiana Section the last 5 years, there is a day on the form, but it is listed as self squadding ahead of time

once the days are full then they are full and it is up to the competitor to select

I have done it the other way and did the squadding myself, to be honest that is alot more work

but when I did that I still had the squadding for competitors to see it

you can actually still use the online squadding on the uspsa site

just keep it locked, and as you enter competitors into ezwin score you can select a squad, then you just simply export the competitor list and upload into the squadding and it will populate the online squadding

at the same time an email is sent to the competitor that their entry is received, match info can be sent and what squad they are on

cuts the work way way way down. and the information that competitors are asking about is already sent to the them with a few clicks

Edited by JakeMartens

• 3 weeks later...

Single Stack shooters, want to get a Major Match in before the SS Nat

http://www.uspsaindiana.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=55&Itemid=67

current online squadding

current online squadding for the 2013 Indiana SS/Prod/Rev Championship

http://www.uspsa.org/squadding/index.php?action=list&indx=243

Prod

A= 4

B= 4

C= 10

D= 5

GM= 1

M= 3

U= 6

Rev

A= 5

B= 5

C= 2

D= 1

M=

U= 1

SS

A= 9

B= 17

C= 21

D= 5

M= 1

U=8

Match is filling up, Saturday is almost full. Still have room on Sunday. SS and Rev shooters get in a major before the SS/Rev Nationals

http://www.uspsaindiana.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=55&Itemid=67

current online squadding

http://www.uspsa.org/squadding/index.php?action=list&indx=243

Prod

A= 4

B= 4

C= 10

D= 5

GM= 1

M= 3

U= 6

Rev

A= 5

B= 5

C= 2

D= 1

M=

U= 1

SS

A= 9

B= 17

C= 21

D= 5

M= 1

U=8

Match is filling up, Saturday is almost full. Still have room on Sunday. SS and Rev shooters get in a major before the SS/Rev Nationals

I'm excited about this warm up. Some of the stages seem similar to PASA and we get a few high round stages for good measure. Come on, people. Join us! I'm trying to recruit some more GA boys. Potential sponsor, too.

http://www.uspsaindi...#38;id=55&Itemid=67

current online squadding

http://www.uspsa.org...n=list&indx=243

Prod

A= 4

B= 4

C= 10

D= 5

GM= 1

M= 3

U= 6

Rev

A= 5

B= 5

C= 2

D= 1

M=

U= 1

SS

A= 9

B= 17

C= 21

D= 5

M= 1

U=8

I'm excited about this warm up. Some of the stages seem similar to PASA and we get a few high round stages for good measure. Come on, people. Join us! I'm trying to recruit some more GA boys. Potential sponsor, too.

Randy it will be a fun match and a good tune up for the Nationals, which is the reason the dates were picked (see I shot single stack and it is all about me....so to get a big match in before SS Nat's I decided to make Warsaw put this on :goof: )

up to date squadding

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=164640&st=50#entry1900017

Edited by JakeMartens

• 2 weeks later...

Is there stage descriptions yet. I know it is @ 250 rounds but was wondering if anything that I should prepare for, ( 50 yards, 25yards) Other than that I am good to go. Shooting Revo only. I am cheap that way. Roger Davis

Edited by Bubber

Bubber, have you shot the SSN before? I'm guessing not-- they never post stages. Your best bet is to go on u-tube and look for vid's of past matches. The stages tend to trend and basically stay ---almost the same--- they do have one all steel stage alot of times with a 6 inch plate some where.

Good luck

Thanx guys, I have shot a Barry before but that was a LONGGGGG time ago. Back when Revo was still a category. I guess I am ready as I'll ever be. later rdd