Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Single Stack Nationals

sperman

No we will not be using the self-squadding this year. I simply doesn't work for a match that shoots all the stages in one day but last three days. Bluntly, there were shooters who registered for Th or Fr and tried to squad themselve on Sat since not all the Sat shooters had chosen a squad yet.

Send in application NOW, checks will be held until Jan 1st. If you do not get into the match it will be sent back.

The scheduling conflict was worked and the dates now allow us to shoot Th, Fr, Sat and the REvolver Natson Sun.

Website is being updated frequently as information becomes available. Match hotel is the Microtel, the list will expand as Quincy provides a current list of motels/hotels.

Loosk to be about 14 stages and 225 rounds plus chrono.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think it's a great idea. Two matches in one spot back to back, only one extra night in a hotel. If you drove or flew to Barry why night stay another night and shoot the other match? I bought a revolver rig and am looking forward to shooting revolver nationals for the first time. I've always wanted to get into it but revo nationals was always grouped with another division I wanted to shoot. So here is my chance. It's been said here in previous posts but I think Single Stack will sell out (as always) regardless. It's always been a fun match and I'm sure it will continue to be.

Send in application NOW, checks will be held until Jan 1st. If you do not get into the match it will be sent back.

Even for the Waitlist ? Website says waitlist starting Jan 1st, based on postmark?

Yes, even for the wait list. The slots expire on Dec. 31st (midnight) the wait list opens Jan 1st. As I understand it the mail will be sorted by postmark and entered into the match in that order beginning Jan 1st. The earlier you send it in the better chance you have of getting an unclaimed spot. Your check won't be "cashed" until you are entered into the match, if you don't get in it will be returned to you. People with slots automatcially have a spot in the match as long as they send in their entry by end of the day on Dec. 31st.

Historically Sat fills up with slots and there are no spaces available. However, if you ask for a day and it is full you will be offered another choice. I know it presents potential travel issues but it is the way this match ahs been run since ints inception, not likley to change.

XDCR -- what are your bunch more questions? Feel free to contact me offlist.

i sent in my app for waiting list as soon as i saw it available and before i knew i would get the slot i got. i recieved and email today saying i was on the list and would be notified on the 1st of january is i had a slot. of course i called her and let her know i had a slot on the way and that is all taken care of buy yes send in your waiting list apps now guys to get in line

We just got our email confirming we, 3 of us, we're on the saturday waiting list. Really hope we get in on saturday but friday will work if need be. Looking forward to shooting this for a second year in a row and a match that has become an absolute must shoot for me.

• 4 weeks later...

Yep, and the entry forms are consistent with that, too: http://1911ssc.org/r...egistration.htm

Assuming this is accurate, this is great news for everybody--the Revo Nationals has been added without any negative impact (real or perceived) being inflicted on the existing SS Nationals!

"real or perceived", now now:)

When will be able to see what squad we were put on and who we are shooting with? I had a slot as well as two others and we want to know if we were put on the same squad together as requested.

When will people on the waitlist be notified of when they are shooting or if they got in for a certain day? I know it says after jan 1 but just curious to see if my two other buddies are going to get on as well and they were #9 on the wait list.

Edited by Prov1x

I was told that she will begin calling everyone individually, in postmark order received since email isnt fast enough. She thought we would hear by the 7th or 8th, it may be sooner or later for others I'm sure.

My check was cashed as well.. I'm doubting that means we got our first pick of Saturday though.

I called last week(trying to find my club's slot paperwork)

There are more applicants for Saturday spots that had slots than there are avaliable spots. So it sounds like if you got on the waiting list, you are shooting Thursday or Friday.

Mike.

Edited by mikeg1005