Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'm looking for a holster for my XDM 5.25

midvalleyshooter

The Blade-Tech that fits the XDM 5.25.. is the one they just call "XDM 9/40"?

Any chance mag pouches for Glocks.. fit the XDM magazines?

Thanks in advance.. Dave

For the most part, they should. I have used the Blackhawk and Uncle Mike's without an issue. The CR Speed needed to be adjusted a little on the spacing, had to add a thin washer behind the spacer to get it to work. Not too hard to swap out.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

IMO, holster wear=character.

I have a Blade Tech Black Ice DOH for my XDm 4.5's. I've been using a modified Blackhawk Serpa on my Limited rig but just bought the Double Alpha Race Master. The Double Alpha retains contacts the pistol solely at the trigger guard which means no slide wear/scratches.

Edited by d_striker

Safariland has the 5198-147-411 anyone tried it?

I have one on my Production rig and like it a lot. It is a fast holster and the fit is good. As mine came from the factory, the tension was really tight. I had to back out the tension screw quite a bit in order for the gun to come out smoothly like a Comp-Tac. Besides that, for the price it's hard to beat and the quality is good. Another selling point was the fact I can change to a different mounting system (QLS) for 3 gun. If I didn't go with Safariland, I would have purchased a Comp-Tac. I just wanted to try something different. You would be good to go with either one.

I just got my Safariland 5198-147-131 last week and so far I like it a lot especially for $29.25. As far as scratching the finish I guess time will tell. I loosened the adjustment screw out quite a ways on mine too. My 5.25 40 cal seems tighter in it than my 4.5 9mm but it seems to work fine for both. I ordered it from a place called COPQUEST.COM

Get yourself a 2nd mag brush (Arredondo is a good one) and keep it at home just for cleaning out your kydex holster in a sink w/soap and water. And clean off the outside of your gun after matches and practice shooting. That will minimize how much dirt & burnt powder can get in between gun & holster to scratch up your finish. The holster itself doesn't hurt bluing very much.

Edited by eric nielsen

• 4 weeks later...

The XD's have the toughest finish going for a factory gun right now. Kydex is not going to hurt it.

Tell that to my carry gun. My xdm isn't quite silver, but I can see where the finish is wearing off.

I use a gcode for now...looking to get a bladetech doh

I have and love the g code. For the price ( almost half, shipped, than a blade tech or comptac ) you can't beat it. My 4.5 .45 is what I originally bought it for and just by chance, since the frames are the same, my 5.25 9mm fits perfect with just a quarter inch of muzzle dipping below the holster.

Edited by turkishroy

• 2 weeks later...

I really like my Comp Tec for my 5.25 as shown in my profile picture. Great customer service too. I actually own three Com Tec holsters. Two are paddles used for my Glock 23 and Springfield 3.8 Compact for CCW carry. Before a match I spray the inside of the holster with silicon spray which make for a really slick draw.

• 3 weeks later...

The XD's have the toughest finish going for a factory gun right now. Kydex is not going to hurt it.

Tell that to my carry gun. My xdm isn't quite silver, but I can see where the finish is wearing off.

I use a gcode for now...looking to get a bladetech doh

I have and love the g code. For the price ( almost half, shipped, than a blade tech or comptac ) you can't beat it. My 4.5 .45 is what I originally bought it for and just by chance, since the frames are the same, my 5.25 9mm fits perfect with just a quarter inch of muzzle dipping below the holster.

I would like to see this pistol holstered. I have used g code for my late glock and I think it is a fantastic product.

I may get jumped on for this, but here goes...

I have a Blackhawk Serpa that I use for USPSA. I have modified it by grinding off the retention knuckle on the inside of the retention mechanism so that it no longer contacts/retains the pistol. I like the serpa frame because it keeps the gun off my leg better than a DoH when I'm walking around, it's equally low-cut in the front for quick clearance/presentation, and is very solid. I can also adjust the angle from vertical to a bit forward leaning if I want to.

Edited by kcobean

• 1 month later...

Comp-Tac International holster works great. Comes with the belt loop, paddle and the DOH. I like that it comes in red as the grips of my XDM are red... I have a theme going.

+1 comp tac is really good. Have one for each of my guns except open.

• 5 weeks later...