Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'm looking for a holster for my XDM 5.25

midvalleyshooter

I have had my 5.25 for a couple months and I'm using the included holster which works surprisingly well for what it is. The angle is wrong and its kind of funky but it works and has not marred the finish.

My question is what holsters are out there that give that straight up & down neutral angle to the pistol and do not mess up the finish? I have had some Kydex really scrape the finish off a couple pistols. I expect some wear because of all the use. But I figure why damage the finish if it can be prevented.

What experience have you had with your 5.25 and holster?

Thanks in advance,

Keith

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a Comptac fan and I bought one for my 5.25. It fits horribly, I lost a screw instantly and even without any screws it is clingy and hard to get a smooth draw. As for wear... I didnt pay for a Bitone but I almost have one. The corners of my slide are shiny silver and getting worse all the time.

Love my Comp-tac, fast and fits great. Some really minor scuffs after 10000+ draws, but I honestly couldn't care less about that.

Also heard great things about the Ready Tactical dropped and offset, if it's for a USPSA production application.

A friend uses the Blade-tech DOH, he says there's a piece which you can remove so as to use it for both IDPA and USPSA. Add in the piece, he claims, and it becomes dropped and offset. Remove it and it's apparently IDPA legal.

Edited by ummm

Safariland has a nice lined ALS holster, it is pretty quick. I have used them at work and at IDPA matches.

Kydex will wear the hi points of the gun, but no more. Keep the kydex holster clean (dishwasher or compressed air) and it will help keep down the wear.

I just got my 5.25 so I will make a holster tonight for it.

Edited by DevinWDH

I can't find the Safariland holsters that fit the 5.25 on the Safariland website. Can someone point me to a link there or a vendor here on the BE Forum who carries Safariland 5.25 holsters?

Thanks in advance,

Keith

They might not have one out yet. Give em a call.

I just got mine, partly to shoot, partly to make holsters for it.

• 4 weeks later...

After reading this thread I ordered a CompTac DOH for my 5.25. I shoot action pistol so the IPSC rules do not apply for me. Used it this weekend in a match and I really like it. Checked it for fit and ease of draw (per the instructions) prior to using it in a match. Perfect fit as it came from the factory and I did not have to make any adjustments. Good retention but still easy to draw. To early to see if it scuffs the finish but have not seen anything yet.Several guys I shoot with liked it too and will likely buy one too.

I would look at a Bladetech or a CompTac. I have a Safariland kydex with the suede and I find it to much more abrasive than a regular kydex holster. The XD's have the toughest finish going for a factory gun right now. Kydex is not going to hurt it.

• 4 months later...

I use a Blade-Tech and it works well. I didn't think Comp-Tac made a holster for the 5.25 yet.

I just received one about two weeks ago. I heated it along the closed edge and opened it some (it was TIGHT and unuseable before I did this.) Ended up putting longer screws in it to allow it to stay opened up. I also felt like the dropped offset piece was flimsy (when I went to draw the angle of the gun in relation to my leg could change alot if I didn't hit it and pull straight up perfectly,) so I ran a thin piece of steel from the top of the holster (between the belt loop and the part that connects the holster to the belt loop) down to the body of the holster and used a screw to connect it down there. Holster is now very solid feeling on the draw and the gun comes right out even if my pull isn't perfectly up and down. Couldn't be happier with it.

I just picked up my first XDM (I have 5 XD's). All of the holsters for my XD 45 fit the 5.25 XDM perfectly. All of my XD 45 mag holders work perfectly with XDM magazines. Being a left handed shooter and seeing that there are fewer options (holster wise) for the XDM compared to the XD had me spooked at first. It's a non-starter now. I use primarily Blade-Tech.

I just received my new comptac and it looks solid. Haven't had a chance to run it through the paces, but quality is good, as are the parts. Seems pretty tight, so we will see when it breaks in a bit. Overall pretty pleased with it.