Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon are you kidding me? 650 Slap in the face WOW:(

Hey guys, so I am posting this for a few different reasons..

1. To get your opinions on my situation

&

2. I know there are Dillon reps that belong to the site and I would love you hear what they have to say.

So, let me first say... I personally picked up a 650 a while back... sent it into Dillon and for a small fee they fixed it and sent it back... to make a long story short... my package was lost on the way back from Dillon. There was a claim and Dillon replaced nearly everything that was lost! HUGE ups for Dillon as I was floored by the way they treated me and how awesome their shipping manager was!

Now that that is out of the way....

I went on to brag about Dillon and how amazing they were with helping me out! I convinced my cousin to buy pretty much the same set up. He bought a used one (it worked but, its in means in great condition). I told Tim (thats my cousin) to call into Dillon and they would take care of ALL the issues with the press since there is a NO B.S WARRANTY. He asked me to come to his place and go over the press and such as he wasn't sure what all was wrong and missing. So... I did:)

The list of parts was pretty short and is as follows (sorry if the "part names" are not exact).

He needed:

Three new springs (his are all rusted up)

The primer arm

That ball under the shell plate is missing

The rubber gasket that sits between the screw and the silver piece above the daisy wheel

He is missing the inside of the size/decapping die for a 40/10mm die as well ( has the actual die and the other two but, that wasnt in the actual box for some reason)

He was also missing three of the adjustable bars that sit inside the powder check system as well as the adaptors for the different cases. He just asked for 2 specific brass adaptors specific for what he will be reloading...

Oh, and he has the manual Scale but, its just the base... the previous owner broke the top and tossed it out.

So all of that should be covered under NO BS WARRANTY... guess what... The Dillon rep gives him a pretty large total on the parts and tells him that they can warranty it because it is obvious that the original owner wasn't a experienced loader? WTF is that? I jumped on the line and told him I basically did the same thing and everything was replaced for free? He told me that I cant expect Dillon to pay for all those parts as that could put them out of business? AGAIN... REALLY?

The reason I and almost every reloader I know buys Dillon is because they are usually AWESOME. You pay a little extra and have to buy every little add-on knowing, that Dillon is going to take care of you and after the initial investment you should be pretty set. Well... I guess not anymore.

I have am now pissed as my cousin (who was going to just buy a new Honraday) is looking at me like Im the jerk. Dillon what is up with this?

Am I wrong here? Dillon Reps... whats your take? Maybe just a new rep that didnt know?

HELP/Advise/etc!

Warranties don't cover missing parts... Dillon doing that for some people doesn't mean they have to for all.

Beyond the springs, were those other parts broken?

<--- used Dillon owner, didn't call them regarding the small things mine was missing but bought them myself.

Just so I am clear, you expect Dillon to replace the missing parts for free? The parts that your cousin didn't get from the guy he bought the press from? I could be wrong but isn't that like buying a car that is still under warranty that has a missing engine and expect the dealership to replace the engine for free?

The Dillon warranty is awesome. I certainly wouldn't expect them to cover missing parts.

Edited by Mitch Harrington

See there is a no b.s warranty. If you send a whole machine in, they will replace parts that are outdated, or worn/defective. What they will not do, as far as I have seen is replace lost parts. In my experience with the stuff I have sent in, they just replaced what was already there with new parts.

I'm not anyone's cheerleader by any means, and I got a Dillon because that was what was offered me in a deal many years ago when I knew nothing about anything other than a single stage Rock Chucker. From what I can tell, they do usually replace what you have. Maybe they just don't always give you the freebie, not really the same as a warranty though.

JZ

Well this is good to know. I'm sending in my 650 and the guy on the phone says I have to pay $77.95 for the rebuild. I'll include all the parts that are worn.

I did that too with a used machine I bought but I expected and paid for the parts that were missing. When I returned the machine I included a list of the parts that were missing, mostly those dealing with small primers, and a credit card number to purchased the parts with. The machine was returned to me looking like a brand new one.

Never in all my years of dealing with Dillon did I expect them to replace for free parts someone else lost. Any one that does needs a good dose of maturity.

Edited by retarmyaviator

It could have been a lot worse, he could have ended up with a LnL.

Be glad he got a 650. Great press. I would just box it up and send it in. They will probably do you better like that.

Edited by 98sr20ve

The first owner lost all the parts and I bet the price he paid was/should have been significantly less that a working unit...I can't see how one would purchase part of a 650 2nd hand then call the maunf. and expect them to replace everything for free. I have had my press for 7 years and have had 3 parts break...with one phone call the replacement parts for the broken ones were on the way free of charge....what your brother is asking of Dillon is a unrealistic expectation for any company.

I would also say that Dillon is not responsible for missing pieces. They have in the past replaced certain items when you send a press in for a rebuild, but that's just at their discretion. I would, with respect, ask that you tone down inflamatory post titles and content. Help,advise etc is what this forum is for IMO, but rants are for the hate forum which has rules against dissing a particular company. Just sayin.

Call again, get an ra, pay to have it rebuilt, like $70 and it will come back like a brand spanking new machine.

If you called and asked them to replace missing parts they are going to charge you.

Edited by JakeMartens

I would, with respect, ask that you tone down inflamatory post titles and content. Help,advise etc is what this forum is for IMO, but rants are for the hate forum which has rules against dissing a particular company. Just sayin.

+1. I agree they may go out of business giving away stuff that has been lost. You are wrong to expect that.

I think our membership has pretty well covered the basics on this topic. One item that did not get mentioned was that this is not the place to come air customer service grievances so, as per the forum rules, I am closing this topic.

-Larry Drake

The Moderating Team

Could be worse. My friend is still waiting for some help with his tumbler. It processed less than a dozen bowls of brass. It's still even clean and new looking.

Dillon has a good warranty, but no company is perfect. I am much happier with them than Hornady. I'll never use another Hornady reloading product as long as I live. Dillon only for me!

Could be worse. My friend is still waiting for some help with his tumbler. It processed less than a dozen bowls of brass. It's still even clean and new looking.

Dillon has a good warranty, but no company is perfect. I am much happier with them than Hornady. I'll never use another Hornady reloading product as long as I live. Dillon only for me!

... and obviously Twodownzero beat me by a few seconds on the lock. :)