Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Whose Barrel Are You Using

TCKev

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I read Wilson is the overall winner in this thread at least.

Remember, Wilson makes a lot of the barrels that others put their name on. If you consider that there are only about three others even listed here.

I think I remember reading the the new front sight that JP is the most popular factory rifle being used at multigun nats. They appear to be a close second in this thread as far as just barrels go.

Edited by latech15

Go to JP's website:

We offer our own line of JP Supermatch™ barrels manufactured to our exacting specifications in a special configuration to mate with our components. These barrels are turned from the best 416 stainless alloy, button rifled using state-of-the-art machines and cryogenically treated for cold bore shot predictability, minimum thermal drift, outstanding accuracy and extended barrel life.

With our .223 barrels, we have had great results with a wide range of projectiles from 40 to 77 grains in the 1:8 twist, and we feel it’s the best overall compromise for the type of loads you are most likely to shoot. The 1:8 twist barrel with long projectiles has become the choice of most tactical rifle competitors.

Our standard chambering is the .223 Wylde as we believe it represents the best compromise between the SAAMI commercial spec chamber and the NATO-type chamber resulting in peak accuracy with the widest variety of ammo at safe pressures.

There many excellent barrels out there, maybe some better than JP but for a novice like me, it was an easy decision to go with JP. Partly because Cheryl Current loaned me JP built AR for my first RM3G match. I was able to achieve 1/3 MOA with my hand loaded ammo. I probably could have achieve a tighter group if I used a more powerful scope. As it is, my Sabre Defense barrel easily achieved a 1/2 MOA, which is more than adequate for most 3Gun matches. So my new 3G AR will have a JP barrel and fire controls.

Noveske 18" lightweight.

It's 32 oz, but it's not skinny.

No problems with the barrel heating up.

It delivers just under/just over 1moa with ball ammo, depending on the brand. But I'm only using a 4x scope to shoot these groups, so not doubt it would do better with more magnification.

Sabre Defense and JP (Wilson)

Is this correct? Does Wilson make the JP barrels?

I believe JP barrels start with a Wilson blank and then they finish it in house. Could be wrong, but this is what I have gathered.

Edited by Sleepswithdogs