Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 GA State Championship Match

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Truly great match. Complements to all involved with the planning and running. Too bad #8 was thrown out, it was a really, really great stage.

Mark K.

I agree, I ran two squads up that stage and it looked like everyone had a blast shooting it. Even on Friday I had 3 guys stumble or trip running it. I woke up Sat AM to the sound of rain and thunder and started to dread it. I would not have been safe at all the way it was on Sat. I hate it got tossed but I think it was the correct thing to do.

Overall a great match, the stages were well thought out and set up. Lots of options on how to run several of them. I think I saw 4 different plans on stage one that worked.

Thanks to everyone who volunteered their time and efforts to make this match happen! The stages were all awesome ( well except for PITA maybe) and I had a blast shooting them with Squad 26! Hope to do it again next year!

To all the staff @ the Ga. State match thank you for a great ride...Peter Oliver rocks!

Squad 32-- Sparta lives forever!!!!!!!!!!!

David Fischer

Limited C

1st place C winner!

Now getting bumped to B, back to the drawing board as a junior...but to the top of B someday!

Thanks to everyone who volunteered their time and efforts to make this match happen! The stages were all awesome ( well except for PITA maybe) and I had a blast shooting them with Squad 26! Hope to do it again next year!

Although I did not shoot it that great, I wish every major had some type of standards. Long range and weak hand, strong hand really shows true shooting skill. I don't want all stages to be like that just one a match.

Had a great time, can't wait for next year.

I pissed and moaned about that PITA stage prior to the match and right up until I shot it. I then shot it clean! I supposed I was riding high and pretty full of myself going into stage 5 because I FTE'd that wide open target between the two poppers on the last array! :blink:

I'm blaming it on the shoddy RO! :devil:

Overall though, my best finish ever. 11th overall in Production, 2nd B. ( damn FTE cost me first B! )

Thanks to Peter Oliver and the rest of the RO's and staff for putting on a great match.

It was a great match. My first L2 match and it was fun but definitely a learning experience. Thanks to all who worked it!

As for stage 8 being flooded, it was the right decision to pull it from the match but dang it I shot that stage pretty well so kind of bummed it does not count. As for PITA it was my final stage on Friday afternoon and I was the final shooter. By that point I was pretty tired. Did ok on it but lots of room for improvement.

I bet one day we will see PITA as a classifier. :surprise: I hope the hell not.

I had a blast shooting on Friday, our Squad 3 was great and the Jungle Run was fun too bad it was tossed. That was the stage that I was suppose to work on Saturday, but with standing water no one would have found their mag if they dropped in the muddy water.

We were switched to stage 9 and at first it was just wet. After the first few shooters it turned to mud, after a little gravel we were able to get back to work.

The swinger turned into a PITA, poor KC had to run it several times before it worked.

Thanks for all of the shooters who came. And thanks for the great sportsmanship by all.

Congrats to all of the winners!

Poor KC? He still run the stage the fastest! :surprise: : l: I had good time at the Match the RO's all worked hard. Thanks to all that helped with the match. I saw Peter thanking each of them individualiy. That was cool. Got my azz kicked but I still learned a lot,and had fun too. Thanks again! :cheers:

A big thanks to Peter, Mark, Chris, Alan and everyone else who helped put on this great match. The guys at Cherokee always put on a great show.

I'm glad I got to shoot stage 8 on Friday, it was a blast. There really was no way to shoot it on Saturday. I guess Peter's power over the weather only extends to match hours. Despite being surrounded by thunderstorms, we never had any rain on Saturday once the match started.

I guess Peter's power over the weather only extends to match hours. Despite being surrounded by thunderstorms, we never had any rain on Saturday once the match started.

If you had told me Friday night I would not have to shoot in the rain on Saturday AM I would have told you that you were crazy. As it was it tossed about 20 raindrops on us while we were on 3 but after that nothing but nice weather.

I know Peter did a lot of extra work to get 8 into the match and it is a shame it had to get tossed. I wanted to run it when I was working on Friday but I didn't want to run it Saturday AM.

Looks like stage #8 was tossed, anyone know why?

Friday night...early Sat morning the skies open up and the floods came thru stage 8. I walked it with Peter mid morning Sat. ....still had water running down the shooting area, moving water in the deep holes, standing water about 2' deep....just unsafe for a competitor to be running in with a handgun...slip and fall a very serious concern.

Hey David you shot a great match!! Way to go brotha. Enjoy the win, you earned it! I'll talk to you soon! :cheers:

Thanks Allen, I too learned a bunch and in the end its time to go shoot another one--Hoorah!!!!!!!

Monster Match, you going?

See you soon Bro.

david